Baskets - Urgent

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I can only echo all the previous comments and also say Welcome to Springbonce, hope to see you posting again.

A short while back I'd printed off my OH, but frantically printed the rest off just before the 'witching hour'!

But a bit of forewarning would have been so helpful, as this affects every current and past customer of Gems who use their website..........I shall miss it greatly..............
thcrying.gif

Hello everyone,

I really am sorry that this has caused so much upset.

To be frank, we had little choice but to change systems promptly and the team have been working through the night to get this done. I have to say, I was not aware that Gems had the facility to view all your old order history, nor that it was something so widely used. If I had known this I would have tried to give you notice that this facility would be lost in the transition.

I am happy to try and get a summary of your purchases printed, if that would be helpful. Please email me if you would like me to do this for you at [email protected]. I can't promise that I will be able to do this quickly, but if you email me details of your account I will definitely find a way to get some kind of summary for you.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the inconvenience.

Kind regards

John Bennett

Hello everyone,

I have to say, I was not aware that Gems had the facility to view all your old order history, nor that it was something so widely used. If I had known this I would have tried to give you notice that this facility would be lost in the transition.

I am happy to try and get a summary of your purchases printed, if that would be helpful. Please email me if you would like me to do this for you at [email protected]. I can't promise that I will be able to do this quickly, but if you email me details of your account I will definitely find a way to get some kind of summary for you.

Kind regards

John Bennett
Well you really should have done your research properly before arbitrarily removing a facility that had been in place for years.:angry: A summary is of little use because the ability to view the full item details in the order history is gone, and in my case the summary would run into many many pages, most of which I don't necessarily require.

As the website isn't up yet, I can't be sure, but assume that basket flexibility and named day deliveries will be history? I find it very sad that the few saving graces of Gems are the first things to go and, if I'm honest, am rapidly losing interest.

Liv has just said something along the lines of "we could have just shut up shop and pootled about doing our thing, but that's not the Rocks way." I think a couple of days off would in fact have been far better, customer loyalty could have stood that whereas now folk are just getting fed up and bored. Maybe Rocks thinks their time is more important than ours? When Rocks started up I was happy to tolerate all sorts of horrors because it was all new for all of us, and the personal way of selling and the fabulous Katherine could always restore our faith and still any choppy waters. However, we've now been there, seen that and I, for one, don't want to start all over again. Sorry if this is blunt but best for you to know than me just whinge on behind your backs. If I hadn't invested so much time and thousands in custom in both companies over the years, I'd have just moved on without a peep. xxxxx

Hello everyone,

To be frank, we had little choice but to change systems promptly and the team have been working through the night to get this done. I have to say, I was not aware that Gems had the facility to view all your old order history, nor that it was something so widely used. If I had known this I would have tried to give you notice that this facility would be lost in the transition.

Kind regards

John Bennett

Surly Steve WAS aware of the order history?
My first item on my history is a steam iron from Snatch it, so it runs way back!
I'm afraid i agree with Argey i am rapidly losing interest!

Hi all,

Pinkpussycat - I'm hoping that we can make a summary work for you. If you want it filtered in a certain way (above a certain price etc) we can try and do that.

Argeybargey - we are not doing the named day delivery (which was a higher delivery cost than normal delivery). Instead, we have negotiated hard with DPD based on the combined volume of the business and brought the delivery charge down to £4.95. Our Help Team can 'hold' your order for you so that it leaves on a certain day.

Kind regards

John

Sorry to go on but................

Hi all,

Pinkpussycat - I'm hoping that we can make a summary work for you. If you want it filtered in a certain way (above a certain price etc) we can try and do that.

Argeybargey - we are not doing the named day delivery (which was a higher delivery cost than normal delivery). Instead, we have negotiated hard with DPD based on the combined volume of the business and brought the delivery charge down to £4.95. Our Help Team can 'hold' your order for you so that it leaves on a certain day.

Kind regards

John

Yes, but very very useful if you needed ultra fast delivery for the following day/ a Saturday or deferred for a couple of weeks. Delivery times by GemsTV has been soooo slow recently (they put it down to the ongoing clearances) that I've had to resort to this higher p&p facility myself.

The order history was in the Order Tracking section found by clicking on 'My Wish List'. It not only detailed every single order in list form, but click on an order number and you had full and complete details of the order, even to how it was paid. It also let you know when an order was shipped and when any returns were refunded......it was brilliant!

I'm sorry to say but the last time I ordered from Rocks TV, I was given no order number, and no confirmation the order had even gone through or a follow up email.......nada....zilch. I had to keep ringing CS to find out what was going on and to see if my order had even registered on their system. Afraid I've haven't ordered again since then. :confused:

Last edited:
Hi John,

I was happy to pay £14.95 for delivery when it meant I could have one lovely big order once a month. You could hold your order for up to three weeks and if you had a Saturday date you could keep adding for up to 2 and a bit weeks (depending on what day of the week you started a fresh order). In the meantime, if I made an error or overspent (a common occurrence I'm afraid - lol) I could control my own basket/orders.

Argey xx

i did love when gems let you control your basket, from changing deliveries to removing items without the need for CS.

it was brill.

Latest posts

Back