bareMinerals TSV 06/03/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I agree it is overrated IMO. I've given it a try and they have quickly become the least used items in my makeup bag. On the other hand, Doll10 has been a pleasant surprise, am loving the Doll10 tsv!

The tapping is so annoying and when it did go on, gave a chalky weird look to face! You should try LG Balance & Bright or B & Glow, that's brilliant! Gives a natural lovely glow! Also Boots have a similar shimmer glow and this is very good highlighter too :mysmilie_59:

I'm resisting, I did want the foundation, as I am about to run out, but tried the bareskin one, from a tsv about a year ago and it's pretty good. Nothing in the rest of the kit could tempt me, it's pretty disappointing all in all.. However, I'm quite pleased really, I've got more make up kits than I could ever get through, save myself a bit of money.

I'm resisting, I did want the foundation, as I am about to run out, but tried the bareskin one, from a tsv about a year ago and it's pretty good. Nothing in the rest of the kit could tempt me, it's pretty disappointing all in all.. However, I'm quite pleased really, I've got more make up kits than I could ever get through, save myself a bit of money.

I could do with a foundation for my stock too but doubt l would use the Mineral Veil following peoples comments on that product. Also l really do not have the time in the morning to mess about with different pots of loose products, an accident waiting to happen in my house. I would probably not get the best use out of this set. Every time it's on l am dithering about it though so l must be careful not to listen to all the presenter hype and stick to my guns!

My favourite foundation is Lancome Miracle Cushion so easy to apply and gives a flawless finish.:mysmilie_7:

I too could do with a new pot of the foundation & I actually really like Mineral Veil but not tempted by anything else in this set. The concealer, as has been said, is too dark ( I wear Fair foundation) the cream thing I don't see how it's different from other primers I have & I have the brushes in this set but much prefer others. I know they keep banging on about the value & how it's " the biggest TSV" BM have ever done ( don't understand that, it seems no bigger than previous better ones) but it seems expensive to me for what's included.

The £40 threshold has finally been breached then. I fear this heralds the end of beauty tsv's under £40 and once we've swallowed that they will only go up faster. Not happy.

The £40 threshold has finally been breached then. I fear this heralds the end of beauty tsv's under £40 and once we've swallowed that they will only go up faster. Not happy.

A very good point you make.

The prices have crept up, and the bumper Elemis Christmas TSV was also over £40 this time around, if I recall correctly.

I laughed out loud just now when Debbie Flint asked what the Bare Minerals brush was made from. The guest stumbled over her answer stating that it was made from "natural hair," and didn't seem to want to elaborate on that point. I wonder what type of hair it was? I bet it was of equine or porcine origin!

I thought all BM brushes were synthetic? Whatever they're made out of they shed like hell.

I laughed out loud just now when Debbie Flint asked what the Bare Minerals brush was made from. The guest stumbled over her answer stating that it was made from "natural hair," and didn't seem to want to elaborate on that point. I wonder what type of hair it was? I bet it was of equine or porcine origin!

I'm not a fan of Ms Flint these days, but that's a spot-on question to ask. Why didn't she tip off the guest before the show that she'd be asking? Or was the question tweeted in by a viewer?

Not sure, but the guest was VERY uncomfortable. I'd have pressed the point further and asked: "from what is the hair sourced?"

I agree it is overrated IMO. I've given it a try and they have quickly become the least used items in my makeup bag. On the other hand, Doll10 has been a pleasant surprise, am loving the Doll10 tsv!

The most resent Doll 10 TSV was a very nice surprise, i'm looking forward to seeing Doris again, I think she is back in March. Was it three TSVs we've had so far from Doll 10? The first one I remember with the original brow product, the second one with the foundation drops and the third one the Hydragel one.
I went around the high street counters this weekend to find an alternative to Hydragel and so far with no luck. Tried Clinique, Chanel, Lancome, Estee Lauder, NARS, Boots no7, no 17, Maxfactor, Maybelline, Borjous. Boots No7 I found are all brown-ish based even the lightest shades.

There have been two TSVs with the foundation drops in. They're the only two I've bought.
I see there's yet another Mally TSV later this month!

Latest posts

Back