Bare Minerals enquiry

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

LilacTree

Registered Shopper
Wonder if any BM users can advise on the best way to get a fuller coverage using the foundation? I normally use LG BnB but was tempted by the recent BM and Mineral Veil combo. I have tried to build coverage by buffing more as SJ recommended, but I simply can't achieve anything more than a very light coverage. I would really appreciate any tips as I like the thought of using this type of makeup but fear that I might need to exercise sending back under DSR!
Thanks in advance...

Which brush are you using? The fluffier and more open the hairs on the brush are, the less coverage you get if you ask me. I can get better coverage with a small kabuki brush than I can with the brush they call full face or something similar. I also prefer synthetic brushes. I'm not sure if that has any impact on coverage.

At the moment I'm using a mid size Kabuki brush and get the coverage I need in a few swishes. Do be careful though because you can overload the kabuki brush and get too much BE on your skin in one place.

Ah now having re-read your post you're probably using the brush that came in the set, which is the full face one. Try using a kabuki brush if you have one. Or try holding the brush by the bristles so you get a stiffer brush if you see what I mean.

I love BE but I can't use that bliddy brush! I don't have sensitive skin but that brush makes my skin itch like the devil.

Thanks Tink. I tried using the brush that came with the kit but didn't seem to get even a light coverage using that. I then used a LG BnB one, with the bristles 'protector' quite low so that the bristles are tightly packed, that's the way I use it with BnB but I still couldn't get anything like even a medium coverage.

Wonder if I was expecting the coverage to be as full as BnB but it's not meant to be...

As it does mine, Tinkerbelle. I just keep building up the "layers" with my synthetic brush until I get it right-I have rosacea, so I HAVE to get the right coverage-and I must be getting it right because last week I was on a cruise which was promoting BE in their salon. All the other ladies present couldn't believe that my skin needed any help-until he removed what I had put on!!!! I think they sold more during that cruise than any previous!!!

I use the Bare Minerals "full flawless brush" and find it much better than the brush in that kit you recieved. I use a small amount and find buffing for a good minute then another small pinch of minerals and another minute of buffing followed by quick dusting of veil gives great coverage. I agree dont use too much each time , you want a couple of thin layers. I love balance and brighten too but BM just gives longer lasting wear and is what I choose when I really want to look my best.

I use both but my prefer the finish of BE. The first time I used B&B though I hated it as it looked like a mask. I used way too much. So I would say it's much easier to get really full coverage with B&B.

The big plus for B&B over BE is that I can use it straight after putting on my moisturiser. Great if I'm in a rush but I usually put a swish of BE over the top. If I put BE straight on top of my moisturiser I get really patchy coverage.

one of the best foundations imo. as tink says use a denser kabuki brush and build the layers. anather thing with me it gets better as the day goes on. i have an oilier skin and i love the look. also i use the tinted mineral viel which is something i use a lot as its really good at finishing the face.

one of the best foundations imo. as tink says use a denser kabuki brush and build the layers. anather thing with me it gets better as the day goes on. i have an oilier skin and i love the look. also i use the tinted mineral viel which is something i use a lot as its really good at finishing the face.

How weird that you should say that it looks better as the day goes on....I put my BM on at 10 this morning, make up didn't look anything special. Just got back from a couple of hours shopping, looked in the mirror and thought how 'well' I looked! Maybe i'll keep it with the knowledge that I'll go from ugly duckling to swan in the space of a few hours!

Thanks to everyone who replied with advice.

How weird that you should say that it looks better as the day goes on....I put my BM on at 10 this morning, make up didn't look anything special. Just got back from a couple of hours shopping, looked in the mirror and thought how 'well' I looked! Maybe i'll keep it with the knowledge that I'll go from ugly duckling to swan in the space of a few hours!

Thanks to everyone who replied with advice.

sweat is good lol x

Yes it does get better as the day goes on. It seems to warm up and look dewy without looking greasy or cakey. Try it for a bit,its the best foundation out there I reckon in terms of flawless coverage but not looking like foundation on the skin IYKWIM

One of the reasons I use BE is the compliments I've had when wearing it. I met an ex colleague I hadn't seen for a good few years and she said my skin looked amazing. I thought I looked a mess as I was on my way home after spending a few hours on my allotment. And then a few days later I went our for a posh afternoon tea to celebrate a friend's 50th birthday and she said my skin was "positively glowing". I thought that's it! I'm sticking with this malarky.

I use the flocked sponge from Lily Lolo for applying any mineral powder foundation. I just seem to be able to control the amount of coverage much better with this.

Love the BE foundation, but don't bother with the mineral veil. I find I get the same glowing complexion with this and also the new Mally foundation with a sweep of Halo on top. Both look dewy and improve as the day goes on(must be the moisture in the Halo). I use the BE for "best" or whenever I need a bit of SPF.

I did a comparison with LG B&B. With this, I looked like I was wearing make up. With BE (and the Mally/halo combo) my skin just looks dewy and with a healthy glow. I just dont get that with LG B&B so will bin this. I will keep the bronze n brighten though (in fair) as this provided coverage, and a healthy glow when I am in a big hurry.

Love the BE, shelf life really good, and luckily for me I don't need a lot of layers for good coverage so just one layer lasts ages. I think I have found "the one". Oh.. In my handbag I carry Bobbi Brown foundation stick for touch ups (have done for years).

I use the flocked sponge from Lily Lolo for applying any mineral powder foundation. I just seem to be able to control the amount of coverage much better with this.
I really like Laura Mercier pressed mineral powder it comes with a flocked sponge so you can get a sheer look.
Lynn

Please note that if you have used the product you cannot return it to Q under DSR.

I've read with interest...tried BE once but I couldn't get anything like the coverage I needed for my broken veins and red patches on nose & cheeks without looking powdered to within an inch of my life, so I tend to use what I've got left as a setting powder over normal liquid foundation now..so..it seems I need to use a kabuki brush instead of the BE one for starters, and "sweat is good" Boffy...does it last thru a hot flush then (if you're of an age to have hot flushes!)? I might be tempted to give it another try now anyway - thanks to all!

I am of the age of hot flushes and it's still there when I'm "done". If I'm going out after work I might give myself the once over but it lasts really well on my fairly normal skin.

just a point on the BE brushes. Is it just me or did they used to be far better quality? The couple I have had lately in kits/TSVs whatever are really poor - not the same quality they sell in the store!

Latest posts

Back