Baking Boutique TSV 17/01/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Baking Boutique

For some reason when Craig said how many they had sold in 15 minutes I was expecting him to say 2,000 or 5,000 or something dazzling. As its only £20 I guess. When he said 300 I though oh :doh:

Don't know why, I was just expecting the wow factor!

I baked some biscuits and flapjacks the other day. Didn't need all that expensive equipment, just some oats / fruit / nuts / flour/ honey/butter / baking soda and a baking tray.

They had on a pie maker. Various suggestions about healthy fillings. I should think the benefits rather negated by the need to munch thru' a load of pastry first. Craig was coming out with a lot of daft suggestions as per usual. Not the brightest button in the box, is he? :talking:

For some reason when Craig said how many they had sold in 15 minutes I was expecting him to say 2,000 or 5,000 or something dazzling. As its only £20 I guess. When he said 300 I though oh :doh:

Don't know why, I was just expecting the wow factor!

Oh dear!
Just you, Craig and the 300.

The powers that be won't be too pleased. I might just pop in today to see how desperate the sales pitch will be.

Somewhere in storage I have a very similar baking set by Cooks Essentials bought from Last Clicks about 5 years ago. Not sure why I bought it as I never bake! I think I was going through a phase of thinking I'd become Susie Homemaker, in a frilly 50s style pinny standing at the door with a tray of baked goods as pipe-smoking hubby and angellic children arrive home.

In reality I'd be on the sofa, reading ST.com wondering if there were enough ready meals in the frezer to avoid standing in the kitchen for more than 20mins when I could be watching something vital like Golden Balls or The Chase! Doris Day would turn in her grave (she's still alive right?)!

Jude xx

I think it's a good little kit. If you work with sugarpaste, then a silicon rolling pin and mat is a must have. I like the idea of the big piece of non-stick sheeting, I use aluminium baking tins rather than not-stick and have two full sets of circular and square, I could use that silicon sheet to cut lining to size and then be able time and again. I do concede that the piping nozzles are absolutely naff, though.

If you would like to, you can see some of my sugarpaste cakes on my blog DipsDesigns

I think it's a good little kit. If you work with sugarpaste, then a silicon rolling pin and mat is a must have. I like the idea of the big piece of non-stick sheeting, I use aluminium baking tins rather than not-stick and have two full sets of circular and square, I could use that silicon sheet to cut lining to size and then be able time and again. I do concede that the piping nozzles are absolutely naff, though.

If you would like to, you can see some of my sugarpaste cakes on my blog DipsDesigns

love your beautiful designs. i have always baked cakes etc but just started decorating my wares. your cards and cakes are beautiful well done

Thanks, Boffy. If you are interested in starting cake decorating, try to catch the shows by Ann Pickard or LVCC on Create and Craft. It was watching Ann Pickard of C&C about 18 months ago that got me into cake decorating, as like you, until that point I'd only really done baking. I love my new hobby, but as I'm currently dieting, I have to give all my makes away! I have a few Baking Boutique items (although none of the electrical items) and the prices are comparable or better than Lakeland for the silicon items.

The more I look at those noozles, though, the worse they look. However, I have got my own full set of metal piping noozles so wouldn't need them.

I bought a silicone rolling pin and mat from QVC around 18 months ago, think I paid around £11 plus usual extortionate P&P for it, have a feeling it was an Xmas surprise or something, the same day I got my KitchenAid TSV. Anyway, it's been brill - really useful. Wouldn't want all the extras that come with this TSV for my kind of cooking/baking I must say, I tend to do simple pies and tarts, but if the mat and pin are anything like mine then for a baker they'll be really useful :nod:

Anyone else thinking, "I could wrap myself in the large silicone sheet, yomp up to the Soth Downs next time it snows and recreate the Luge!"

No?

Just me then!

Jude the obscure with a need for speed! xx

i have been collecting the my cake decorating mag and its very good for beginers and you collect a whole host of tools every week. the mag costs £2.99 weekly so its a relatively chepa way to learn how to decorate cakes in a proffesional way. thanks for the ideas

Well I think it seems a nice kit and is reasonably priced so it should sell well. Like all these things does anyone ever need them? Have you got half of it anyway? Will you get value for money?

About 15 years a go I bought a Jack La Lane Power Juicer for £110. It was amazing. You could through anything into it, whole pineapple too and out would come pure juice. Fantastic value for money I thought. Then after half a dozen cleans which took ages it stagnated in my cupboard, then a bit of mould appeared where a rogue bit of fruit had stayed hidden . . . Then in time £110 worth of Power Juicer went in the rubbish :-(

I've had similar experiences with treadmills, rowing machines, cross trainers, too many candles all over the house, all those wonderful kitchen gadgets which seem amazing in TV but in the real world they are not. I even bought a back massager and a head massager on holiday once because it felt amazing. A couple of year stint in one of my drawers then hey ho in the bin!

Anyone else thinking, "I could wrap myself in the large silicone sheet, yomp up to the Soth Downs next time it snows and recreate the Luge!"

No?

Just me then!

Jude the obscure with a need for speed! xx

Have you been on the cooking sherry again Jude dear?
And what's a 'yomp'???

I think a yomp is a posh romp. Not sure, though. I went for it but have to admit it was pure shopping therapy, I didn't need it at all. Already have an excellent tupperware baking mat and while I wanted a silicone macaron mat I am worried the wee rings that stick up will ruin the 'foot' at the bottom. It's pretty and reasonably priced and the rolling pin seems good - like the option of sticking it in the fridge.

its a nice tsv tbh. but i use a wooden full rolling pin quite acceptably, i have my own wilton icing bags and nozzles and i dont like scilicon mats as they stain very easily. the rolling out mat with the size callibration interests me though as i dont have one of those but i have managed without it by measuring my cake with a piece of string and rolling it out to that size. i had to laugh at vivalas's post there comes a time when you learn not to buy because you have bought and learnt.
when i sell stuff off for a fraction of what i paid for it its a learning curve.
no i will not by the tsv as i dont NEED it!

Well, I succumbed. I can hand on heart say that I'd been looking a macaroon mats before Christmas when placing an order with Lakeland, but removed it from my basket when I read the online reviews. The size mat will be very useful to me not only for covering cakes but also rolling out flowerpaste for my cricut cake machine. I will also make alot of use of that great big sheet, which once I've cut to size, will save me loads of time in my cake making in the future. I've priced these items alone on Ebay, and the TSV is already good value. I already have 3 different sized silicone rolling pins for sugar craft from a mini to a 3ft+ monster for covering larger cakes. However, this rolling pin will replace my old wooden one that I use for pastry etc.

I was considering buying 2 more Baking Boutique items but was not prepared to pay £15 p&p.

Latest posts

Back