Baking Boutique TSV 17/01/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks dips
I was wavering
Am going for the green
Could you use the macaroon mats for meringues do you think

Definitely, JBD, macaroons are just meringues with ground almonds. I'll also use mine for profiteroles and choux buns.

BTW, steer well clear of that disgusting Calico Cottage fudge - just ghastly.

Definitely, JBD, macaroons are just meringues with ground almonds. I'll also use mine for profiteroles and choux buns.

BTW, steer well clear of that disgusting Calico Cottage fudge - just ghastly.

Thanks Dips.... And I will stay away... I promise

I made Nigella's cappuccino pavlova meringue at Christmas, the one from her Italian Cookbook (Nigellissima) and I have to say it was AMAZING. I did think though that it would be nice to do individual ones rather than as a pavlova.

Yomping is marching in full kit (army I think, definitely military)

Macaroons question: Is the fashion for technicolour macaroons a recent thing? My Nana used to make them but they were "natural" colour.

Jude xx

Macaroons question: Is the fashion for technicolour macaroons a recent thing? My Nana used to make them but they were "natural" colour.

Jude xx

I don't like macaroons..I do like pink however, but that bilious pink they use for the macaroons is just disgusting! With apols to those who like it, I know there are bound to be some!

Jude xx

The coloured ones have been made famous by, I think, Peggy Porshen - she's currently one of the "in-vogue" cake decorators.

I love baking, I'm so glad it's become popular again and lots of ideas being shared. One of my early memories is going to do my Brownie badge in cooking, I must have been 6 years old and I made fairy cakes with the tops sliced off and shaped into a butterfly. Of course, now days, they are called cup cakes!

I love it too Dips. I think It's partly recession based, although I know you can get cheap cake and good quality ingredients cost a bomb.
I loved the GBBO, and Paul Hollywood
Have to say though, your cakes look amazing. I am just an avid home cook ( and eater )

Shop cake never tastes like home made, even the "premium" ones! I've just made a lovely crumble with apple, pear and nectarine, and it's working out at under 150cals a serving (although I had to sweeten the fruit with artificial sweetener to hit the sub-150 cals, but did use gorgeous, yummy real brown sugar in the crumble)!

Calico fudge. Yuck sounds sickly sweet and horrible! I think I saw that lady with the pointy face demonstrating it once! One mouthful of that would turn anyone hypoglycaemic!

Latest posts

Back