"Award winning" CS not taking calls

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I tried that a couple of months ago. It was like trying to ring the Inland Revenue and I gave up. Such a shame because back in the day they used to answer on the first ring.

CC

A friend of mine has just had an email from QVC saying that they cannot honour something that she’d ordered on advanced order. They mention delivery issues and Covid. Well, as Covid has been around for nearly two years and deliveries have arrived since then, I think their cancelling the advanced order is more to do with their having it on AO in the first place. I don’t know of any other company that has so many items on advanced order, if any.

I’m just relieved that the one item I had that was on advanced order is now safely wrapped up in Christmas paper, ready for the off.

I tried that a couple of months ago. It was like trying to ring the Inland Revenue and I gave up. Such a shame because back in the day they used to answer on the first ring.

CC
If you can ring about 7.55 am you stand a bit of a chance otherwise I wouldn’t bother and certainly don’t even think of writing as the time frame is now 6 months plus to even open the letter and then 6 months intervals between each communication on the same matter.

If you can ring about 7.55 am you stand a bit of a chance otherwise I wouldn’t bother and certainly don’t even think of writing as the time frame is now 6 months plus to even open the letter and then 6 months intervals between each communication on the same matter.
7-55 am!!! Does that exist?

It now says it is in stock???

That’s probably so people see it, order it and QVC get even more money for items that never turn up. Sometimes things do say “in stock” and when you go through the order process they then tell you that it’s on advanced order. You could always try placing an order and then let it sit in your basket until it drops out, if it says AO.

I rang the other day and was on hold for around 23 minutes, thankfully wasn't paying for the call. Had to listen to that god awful music which kept changing all the time mid song. Was driving me mad. I did get through eventually, but oh for the days when they answered super quick. It's all gone downhill fast.

I ordered the ninja foodi back in October, it was due to be sent out on 6/12. Kept on checking my order status and it was on 'awaiting stock' . Today I noticed that it is available to buy on the website for £50 more. Did eventually get through but had to wait for nearly 40 minutes for someone to answer. They changed my order and I should get it by the 20/12. I wonder how many others are in the same situation

I rang the other day and was on hold for around 23 minutes, thankfully wasn't paying for the call. Had to listen to that god awful music which kept changing all the time mid song. Was driving me mad. I did get through eventually, but oh for the days when they answered super quick. It's all gone downhill fast.
Someone - I think Flinty - said that they have fewer people answering the phones. No reason given.

I agree! Was holding on for around 20 mins last Friday. And yes, that music😫. Dreadful!

I ordered the ninja foodi back in October, it was due to be sent out on 6/12. Kept on checking my order status and it was on 'awaiting stock' . Today I noticed that it is available to buy on the website for £50 more. Did eventually get through but had to wait for nearly 40 minutes for someone to answer. They changed my order and I should get it by the 20/12. I wonder how many others are in the same situation
Do you mean you will have to pay £50 more?

And if it is "in stock" why didn't they send yours automatically?

Do you think you would have ever got it if you hadn't rung, as I am in the same position with my item?

PS the torch I bought at 77% discount yesterday is already in the Royal Mail tracked system with a 24 hour delivery.

And talking of torches, I am on a FB page for these torches, and people collect them in the various different colours. Warning - - - you will be shocked at the price so sit down before looking at the photo - - - - -

Olight advert 267791097_13038 (2).jpg

Last edited:
Just noticed that another AO that I ordered (for w/c 27/12) and was completely sold out, is now shown as in stock (but still on AO for same date.).

Presumably people are cancelling their AOs; I am tempted to cancel.

Do you think you would have ever got it if you hadn't rung, as I am in the same position with my item?

PS the torch I bought at 77% discount yesterday is already in the Royal Mail tracked system with a 24 hour delivery.

And talking of torches, I am on a FB page for these torches, and people collect them in the various different colours. Warning - - - you will be shocked at the price so sit down before looking at the photo - - - - -

View attachment 22814
That torch is currently £550 !!

BTW the one I am getting is under a fiver.

Mine came today but had been due for delivery 22 November. I'm not sure if it's going to be worth £300 though.

CC

It always amuses me that they send me a despatch confirmation several hours after Hermes have emailed to let me know they've got my parcel!

No, I didn't have to pay more. I paid the same price which I had ordered it at.
But QVC were obviously happy to sell the stock they had just received to fulfil new orders (at the higher price) before allocating any to customers who had already placed their orders 6 weeks earlier.

I assumed that a large organisation like QVC would have an automated system which would flag up that new stock has arrived and allocate this to waiting orders, before changing the status online. Maybe it still needs manual intervention or someone forgot to set the relevant alert.
So, I am not sure whether I would have got my order or not.

Latest posts

Back