Aveda TSV 28/10/24

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

My late grannie had “Very Difficult Hair” as she often told me!

To be fair, it was extremely fine and straight/flat so she was always faffing about with one of those heated round brushes, bless her.

(She retrained as a reflexologist in mid life - this was in the 80’s before it was trendy).

Anyways, I always remember she had Aveda hair care products in the bathroom, even though a lot of her other items were more natural and unbranded…
She swore by it.

I’ve never tried it - put off by the price!

I’ve managed to tune into QVC this morning - via freeview I assume.

I’ve actually tried and succeeded to get it a few times recently - all around midnight - but mostly it’s been Jill Franks so I’ve turned it off again!

Tonight it’s the Aveda TSV, and I had to stifle a giggle as the hairdresser - Michael? - keeps referring to the fact you can use the product as a “pre-poo” (pre-shampoo I presume!)
But saying it with a completely straight face!

Also Alison Young explained how she had used one of the products just on the ends of her hair, not washed it out and blown dried it…
Before she announced this fact, I had been fixated on how bad her rat-tails her was looking…

I remember when the Aveda TSV included the litre size shampoo and conditioner. AY was always going on about how she had one of each in her shower and alternated between them. :rolleyes:

I used to like their Brilliant finishing gloss and they discontinued it. You get a volumizing tonic free when you spend £85.00 on their website.

I have said my times, I used and loved Elxir which was more like a serum but a leave in conditioner. One of the first products EL discontinued. They used to do a small version of the paddle brush, which was brilliant for short hair, it disappeared.

I brought a brilliant brush in TK Maxx about two weeks ago. TEK an Italian brand with wooden bristles they cost £24, but I got it for £6.99. I did look it up on the brand's own website.

Decided not to. I bought a lot of MB shampoo fairly recently and am using these. My hair's a mess anyway - should be spending that money on a decent haircut 🐻

CC

Just taking us all a bit downmarket to the DHS. Sorry!

My hair has gone terribly dry for some reason and I spotted a small article in the paper recommending Dove Intensive 1 Minute Treatment, which comes in I think. a 200ml tube for £2-3. Well I couldn’t find it on my useless DHS but I did find their Intensive Repair conditioner in Sainsburys and used it today. Not bad at all! Mind you the test with my hair is surviving the night and not being like straw the next morning. I didn’t even know Dove did hair products!

Latest posts

Back