At last! Android App

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

To see what version of Android on an android phone:
On phone search and select 'Settings', look down the list and select 'About phone', look down the list and selet 'Software information' and there you will see Android Version for example mine is '2.2.1'.
To check if there is a later version available for your phone or Android device cancel out of 'Software information' and select 'System software updates' and tick the 'Scheduled check' tickbox if it is not selected. Then select 'Check Now'. Usually the phone prompts you for an update so the message will probably be 'Your phone is up to date'

Thank you for the instructions, much appreciated!

Unfortunately I dont seem to get to the options you mention.....

But then I DID drop my mobile nto a cup of tea today, so maybe it isnt working at it's best! :sad:

As an ignoramus about smartphones, can you get free software updates, like you can with Windows updates?

If not, does that mean your phone rapidly becomes totally outdated, howver much it cost?

Yes, my phone and tablet are constantly upgrading apps and software. The main phone software is released by Android and various manufacturers decide when to make it available. Example, my Samsung Galaxy S2 had Ice Cream Sandwich (the latest version of Android) as soon as it was released, but my Sony tablet was about 3 weeks later.

You can choose to only let your phone/tablet update when on wifi too, to save your money using 3g.

Sent from my Sony Tablet S using Tapatalk 2

If you are in the Play store then go to Apps and then type QVC into the search box. Wait to see if QVC UK pops up and when it does, select that.

Thanks for your reply. I did do that but nothing popped up ......... so maybe I'm destined to continue to use Q-Cut when I feel compelled to order something. I told you I was technically challenged. :wink:

You can still use the ordinary internet web pages on your smart phone if you can't download the QVC android app. I used it for ages before I got a tablet and couldn't be bothered to switch on my laptop.

Mine has downloaded OK although I have not actually used it in anger yet! Strikes me as odd though that I haven't been asked to log into my account as soon as I fired it up. That's been the case with the ebay, Facebook and Amazon aps that I have downloaded. I'm still pleased it's finally arrived though so I'm not going to grumble!!:cheeky:

Mine has downloaded OK although I have not actually used it in anger yet! Strikes me as odd though that I haven't been asked to log into my account as soon as I fired it up.

Android phones keep you logged in to your Google account permanently, so Market/Play already knows who you are. Google, who own Android, are all about tracking what you are up to - searches, site visits, location, etc. Its how they build a file on your habits to exploit later for their commercial gain. If we want to use Android we have to put up with that; there is no escape. Makes it pretty important to format any phone before selling it on :)

I recently got an android tablet and I am downloaded the qvc app! I What a load of rubbish! I All it shows is the tsv and previous items that have been on air earlier that day. No option to watch on air live, or even order directly in the app! There is a link to call customer services but that is making a phone call not ordering quickly with the tap of a button! I thought it was meant to be faster! I have to use the app tv catchup to watch qvc live on my tablet. I don't think the app should be called tv catchup as you are watching live tv and it is misleading but anyway never mind! What a useless qvc app I might uninstall it :( really disappointed.

I have the app on an android phone and can order direct and there is an option to watch live.

I wish the app showed which presenter was presenting each show like the ideal world one does, very handy to be abe to avoid certain presenters lol

Latest posts

Back