Are QVC breaking the refund rules under Distance Selling Regs?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I suspect that qvc have had a largish increase recently, in people asking for their p+p to be refunded, because of the DSR Regulations.. But do you think that they will hike item prices and postage up to make up for their losses? :thinking:

I sent two items back last week and emailed QVC informing them that I was returning these items under the DSR. I received two emails from them acknowledging mine, then an email letting me know that my card had been credited for the amount less p & p! I had to email Customer Services again telling them that these items had been returned under the DSR and have now received another email telling me that my card will be credited with the p & p. What a hassle, but worth it as the p & p came to almost £8.

I dread to think how much postage I have paid over the years and have never been refunded.

I sent two items back last week and emailed QVC informing them that I was returning these items under the DSR. I received two emails from them acknowledging mine, then an email letting me know that my card had been credited for the amount less p & p! I had to email Customer Services again telling them that these items had been returned under the DSR and have now received another email telling me that my card will be credited with the p & p. What a hassle, but worth it as the p & p came to almost £8.

I dread to think how much postage I have paid over the years and have never been refunded.
It makes you wonder how much profit qvc has been making out of all of us, for all these years! :thinking:

Interesting. I have just rung to return an item I recieved Monday. The colour is vastly different to what I saw on the screen when I ordered. No offer was made to refund P&P until I mentioned Distance Selling Regs. I heard the sharp intake of breath & then

''Oh as as goodwill gesture I will send you out a prepaid label ''.

Oh no you don't I thought. So I said to her that under DSR they are obliged to pay the P&P. I then got told in very clipped tones that she was sending the label out for that reason :headbang:

:doh:You should accept the prepaid label and demand your original p&p. It is the original p&p they are obliged to refund anyway under the DSR rules, if I have understood correctly, not the return postage, which is usually a lot less than you paid in the first place. Double whammy if you can manage to get both!

wasn't aware of this law but anything I have ever returned I always phoned up customer services and got a prepaid label to return stuff, so I have never had to pay return postage costs,

They generally only give a prepaid label for faulty goods though, and courier service for heavier items. You are not entitled to return and get a refund under the distant regs if you have actually used the products. If you use them then you can only used the 30 day mbg, and if items are returned within the 7 days regs, then they are entitled to resell them in the same way shops will often put stuff back on the shop floor, so I think we will all have to lump the possibility that more goods we recieved may have been sent back by anoher customer.
I have just emailed them to say I am returning a couple of dresses-which are VILE and want my p&p refunded under these regs as they are quite heavy, at least that will cover the return postage for me.

distance selling regulations

After reading all about this,and I had no idea I would claim back initial delivery cost(I could have saved myself a fortune over the years!) Ihad to send an item back.I ordered the Martha Stuart TSV and sent it back the day it arrived (too difficult for my hands to cope with).Ie-mailed QVC telling them what I was doing and put i a covering letter.Today I find an refund e-mail and suprise suprise they have only refunded the £22.95 for the item and not included the £4.45 for the original delivery.I have e-mailed the m back,so watch this space.:confused:

P&P left off

I also sent two dresses back, sent them an email informing them this was under the DSR, I had an email back telling me they could not cancel the order as the timing had elapsed.
The email stated rather reluctantly, however they took note that I wanted to cancel the order therefore I would be entitled to a full refund. Low and behold I received a refund email minus the P&P. Had to phone them up to get it credited to my card, £9 is alot of money.As we are all saying they must be laughing at our lack of knowledge, not any more though, it's a pity some people will still be stung up because they are not aware.

I have jsut had the same problem as a numebr of you by email stating returning an item under DSR, refund email comes without original P&P included and I now need to tell thme I expected the P&P refunded and I am entitled to it.

In my emial I am going to state that in not refunding it tehy are in breack of DSR, as I did notify them of my return in advance. I shall also tell them that should this happen again I will notify the relevant authorities, and I will! Each and every time.

I also have a concern that when you email them through the website there is not an option to receive a copy of your own email so the could claim not to have received it! Until you have a reply you have no evidence of notifying them! Naughty naughty!!

I shall keep you posted!!

I never got my orginal p&p either.I'd like to be bothered to chase it - but I can't.I don't buy hardly anything from qvc these days and this is just another reason to add to my list of why I don't anymore.

I have jsut had the same problem as a numebr of you by email stating returning an item under DSR, refund email comes without original P&P included and I now need to tell thme I expected the P&P refunded and I am entitled to it.

In my emial I am going to state that in not refunding it tehy are in breack of DSR, as I did notify them of my return in advance. I shall also tell them that should this happen again I will notify the relevant authorities, and I will! Each and every time.

I also have a concern that when you email them through the website there is not an option to receive a copy of your own email so the could claim not to have received it! Until you have a reply you have no evidence of notifying them! Naughty naughty!!

I shall keep you posted!!

Quite agree. And I shall be doing the same. DSR have been in for years & they must owe people thousands. Show them we mean business & sit on their backs.

After reading of these posts regarding the DSR rules, I emailed QVC with the following:- I have today returned the above order which I received yesterday. I am returning this under the DSR, and would expect to be credited with the first instalment and also the p&p. I received one back from QVC informing me that they noticed I wanted to cancel the order and I would be fully refunded. Wish I had known of this before as I have sent lots of other items back on the day I received them.Just had another email today informing me they have refunded. So many thanks for these posts.

distance selling regulations

Well,I havejust phoned CS regarding not having been given the P and P back for my MS punches.She was very helpful and said she could'nt understand why the ware house had not refunded it in total,and that the P and P would appear seperately as a refund on my credit card.Lets hope it does,and I think it pays to either ring CS and/or put in a covering note.

Having not received my p&p refund despite emailing them saying I was returning under DSR I sent this:

I am extremely angry and disappointed that having notified your that I was returning the above order under the Distance Selling Regulations I have not been refunded the original P&P costs which I paid. Please refund these to me and advise me if this is a one off or how I can ensure that P&P will be automatically repaid should I return and item under the DSR in the future. I believe that I notified you appropriately as per QVC terms and conditions.

I did not expect to have to email twice regarding this and would have anticipated that having notified you of the reason for this return, the P&P refund would have been automatic on receipt of the order in question.

I look forward to hearing from you.

And they sent in response:

Please accept my apologies. The full cancellation details were listed on your order and it should have been refunded correctly. The item price on the first EZ pay £4.86 was refunded 28/7/10 and I have refunded the postage of £3.95 today. Both refunds are to the card used to purchase your order.

I will pass the details of the refund to our return department manager. They may feel that some staff retraining is needed and will take the necessary action.

If we can help with anything else, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Let's see if this makes any difference! Somehow though, I doubt it :sad:

Cancelled my order via Dept R (Cancellations) on 29 July. Just received an e-mail from QVC, and the amount includes the first instalment plus P&P.

Pity, when I told one of the QVC operators that I would be returning an item unused or unopened, none sought to advise me to claim P&P. I wonder if the call centre operators are kept in the dark about DSR?

Everything I send back I have studied in great depths to find a fault with it, if it wasn't glaringly obvious already, and then get the label to send it back and the P&p returned....win, win situation

Glad to know I don't have to keep doing it now, sometimes quite wearing

And for all those anti Kim & Co, as someone who has suffered with overheating for the last 15 years...medical not hormonal, I have discovered Kim's clothes have been cooler than cotton in this recent hot weather spell......

Latest posts

Back