Archos 10.1" Tablet with Keyboard TSV 02/02/13

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Archos 101xs tablet TSV

What do people think of this tablet? I am looking to buy my 1st tablet and this is the right price.

The way the tablet is held upright when docked into the keyboard looks poorly designed.
Sorry but Archos has had it day and they weren't that good ever despite what JB says.

Save you money and buy an ipad :)

What do people think of this tablet? I am looking to buy my 1st tablet and this is the right price.
You can have a 7inch Nexus 7 16gb from the Google site for £159 plus postage or a 32gb for £199 plus postage. The Nexus range is superb. There is also a 10inch one for £319 but that one is too big for me. Loads of good reviews around.

Last edited:
Bought an archos MP4 player from QVC about 6 years ago, and wouldn't buy anything else from this brand.

I've seen this tablet in Tesco. It looks superb but doesn't have a rear camera, which is an essential for me.

I don't really see the point of a keyboard on a tablet, I've never had any problems using the on-screen keyboard, such as on my Archos 705 7-inch tablet of almost 10 years ago.

Archos always seemed very advanced, leading the market, eg a touchscreen tablet long before the ipad and 130GB to boot. But they were always troublesome with crashes (I also have a 4-inch tablet, 30GB). Both were from QVC. I think I also bought a touch-screen MP3 player (like ipod touch) but returned it.

I see that they are giving away the £50 Zinio magazine subscription again as "added value". At least they have been a bit more honest about it this time, saying things like "Lots of the magazines are American, but there are a few British ones as well".

To my mind, this is NOT added value worth having, it adds nothing to the tablet like the case and memory card does. I would prefer no magazines but a much bigger memory card, you can get an 8GB (like they are giving you) for much less then a tenner.

I bought a previous Archos TSV with the 7" screen... it is a great little thing but it is prone to crashing every now and again.

We've now bought an ipad mini and that seems to be more stable and is a pleasure to use.

If you only want a 16gb version then the price is comparable... and in John Lewis you get a 2 year warranty (and free postage) as well.

http://www.johnlewis.com/231800440/Product.aspx

Latest posts

Back