Another QVC P&P Gripe.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

AnnaBanana

Registered Shopper
I don't know if this has been touched upon before now, but I haven't been keeping up with this place properly for a while.

It struck me this morning when I received the mookite necklace which I ordered for my mother's birthday present - Instead of wasting money branding all their envelopes/other such packagaing paraphernalia with logos and nonsense slogans as I notice they're doing now, why not just leave it all plain and pass the saving on to the customer by lowering the cost of P&P?

P & P is an issue! just look @ the £4:45 on the Kim & Co. Friday TSV ( not that I am ordering, but this is am example). These garments are sold on the facts that they don't crease/pack into a small space etc.so why not pack in an envelope & charge much less for P&P? How do they arrive? in a suit cover or packed with loads of tissue?

No they arrive I would imagine in a large plastic bag.

I ordered a leather jacket once long ago and that is what it arrived in. Wrinkled as hell it was and went back.

You think QVC postage is bad look at Ideal World.

I remember the days when beauty postage was £2.45!!!!!!

Was ordering three items yesterday that came to £36.37p untill I seen that the postage in the shopping cart was £16.85 making the total £53.22p.

Decided not to order.:angry:

I don't understand why QVC don't have better policies with P&P considering practically every other distance retailer you could name will offer free P&P or discounts for larger orders. QVC could even offer cheaper P&P on items bought together which are intended to make a set, such as tops and trousers together and so on. After all, it's not as though they can claim it'll hold your deliveries up or anything. Amazon's free postage is much faster than QVC.

I am a recent convert to buying from QVC and have to say the P&P quite surprised me. Especially when reading into it how you get little or no discount when you buy several products in one order.

I can only think their justification for this is that they are gonna have to find some way of paying for their studio and presenters. Sites like amazon arent a TV company and so dont have these overheads.

But it is a rip off

I don't understand why QVC don't have better policies with P&P considering practically every other distance retailer you could name will offer free P&P or discounts for larger orders. QVC could even offer cheaper P&P on items bought together which are intended to make a set, such as tops and trousers together and so on. After all, it's not as though they can claim it'll hold your deliveries up or anything. Amazon's free postage is much faster than QVC.

Exactly, other places - Amazon especially - offer a free postage service, and more often than not when I order from there my purchases arrive the very next day, whereas with QVC and the £3.45 or whatever they feel the need to charge unjustifiably I can be waiting over a week for things to show up. They are so far behind the competition and the P&P issue has stopped me from placing rather a large amount of orders - it's really quite prohibitive when you have to pay for every different item - it soon stacks up.

But with Amazon you don't can't try the product out and then return it after 30 days. I also think QVC have to make their money somehow to maintain the Uk call centres that we all appreciate, as well as maintaining the 30 day mbg.

I factor the p&p into the product price and then compare it with other suppliers. If the other supplier beats it, then I order from them, otherwise I get it from QVC. With totalcashback I get 5% from QVC purchases too - which is nice.

Chuntley was making a big fuss this morning about the garden furniture set and how we didn't need to worry if we got it home and after 30 days didn't like it. We wouldn't have to pack it up and take it back to the post office, they would very kindly come and pick it up from us. I did wonder why she was so keen to labour this point a couple of times until I looked at the p&p - £52.95. So yes, you can try it out for 30 days but it'll cost ya !

Chuntley was making a big fuss this morning about the garden furniture set and how we didn't need to worry if we got it home and after 30 days didn't like it. We wouldn't have to pack it up and take it back to the post office, they would very kindly come and pick it up from us. I did wonder why she was so keen to labour this point a couple of times until I looked at the p&p - £52.95. So yes, you can try it out for 30 days but it'll cost ya !

Wow! I could buy a garden furniture set for less than that P&P and my local garden centre would deliver it for free!!!

Latest posts

Back