Anne Dawsons Desert Island Beauty show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

MrMarple

Registered Shopper
Okay, I'll admit that I have been critical of AD in the past, but credit where it's due. I haven't enjoyed a show as much on QVC for a long time. Even AY didn't annoy me much. It was informative, very funny & the hour just flew by. I was even starting to wish that it had been a two hour show. So well done Anne for a brilliant show.

I enjoyed it too & actually stayed with it for the whole hour.
The two women got on well together. I didn't feel it was all an act.
One comment did make me prick up my ears. Miss Ali was complimenting Anne on being relaxed about her appearance, not feeling that she had to be a "Telly Tart" all of the time (Alison's words, not mine) & then said something to the effect that not all the presenters were that way inclined.
Who could she have meant I wonder?

I enjoyed it too & actually stayed with it for the whole hour.
The two women got on well together. I didn't feel it was all an act.
One comment did make me prick up my ears. Miss Ali was complimenting Anne on being relaxed about her appearance, not feeling that she had to be a "Telly Tart" all of the time (Alison's words, not mine) & then said something to the effect that not all the presenters were that way inclined.
Who could she have meant I wonder?

My money's on CHuntley TBH.

I really enjoyed it too. Went to bed to watch it whilst the men were watching footie - guess QVC will be getting lots more viewers in the next couple of weeks :doh: The programme planners would do well to consider when the big games are on put a good beauty show on.

The only complaint was on a desert island product show how could Anne choose 2 Cleansers??? She said she always used C&P and then the Decleor Cleanser.

AY harps on about double cleansing, doesn't she? Plus it sells more products. Personally I only ever have one type of cleanser in my cupboard, until my clarisonic thingy arrived, so I shoved those in the shower.

I missed that show. Shame.

Didn't see the show but I use C&P 90% of the time but every now and then (usually in the morning) it's nice to use a foaming cleanser. I use Neals Yard at the minute. I wouldn't use it to remove my make up though.

D'you know, I was going to post about the very same thing today. I thoroughly enjoyed that show. In the past, if Anne Dawson's been presenting a show I've flicked over as her accent drives me nuts. I've nothing against Scottish accents, my Step-Mum was Scottish, but Anne's voice grates on me and she does go on a bit and it's always put me off her as a person. But last night, I realised what a lovely person she is, I really warmed to her and she seems like someone who'd make a good friend or someone you could have a laugh with. What a difference a show makes! Ali Young also seemed very fond of her and it was nice to hear her complimenting Anne. Well done QVC, I would also have liked the show to be longer and hope they both team up again soon for a similar show.

I didn't see the show because I'm on night duty, but if it was the 2100 show on QVC where was the Perricone that she is always banging on about upgrading to ?

"TellyTart" - I think that's rather rich, considering how her cleavage was spilling out and she didn't keep her knees together!

Okay, I'll admit that I have been critical of AD in the past, but credit where it's due. I haven't enjoyed a show as much on QVC for a long time. Even AY didn't annoy me much. It was informative, very funny & the hour just flew by. I was even starting to wish that it had been a two hour show. So well done Anne for a brilliant show.

Yeah, I agree. I've been guilty of slating her in the past, but I did watch this show & really enjoyed it. Funnily enough, I have watched her present a few shows after the beauty one & I really rate her now. Seeing her in a whole new light.
Funny how one show has totally changed my opinion of her.

Latest posts

Back