Annasleaze

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Status
Not open for further replies.
........... running the place. The feedback might sound cruel, but it's not unfounded. I'd soon be shown the door at work (or at least "spoken to") if I started talking to my customers like I was down the pub with my mates. The viewers, and the BAs need to be treated and spoken to in a respectful manner and it's up to management to ensure that this level of professionalism is upheld at all times, and they're not!

I've highlighted what is fundamental to anyone in any workplace. This also applies to other presenters like Chloe who is equally guilty of diverting attention from the product to herself.

Whether she was chosen from her stint as a 'guest' (er, really?) or applied via a showreel, Annaliese should have done her homework and adapted herself to an audience who don't watch MTV or CBBC ! but in general are the middle aged and retired, and if those doing the hiring don't know that too, then QVC really are in serious trouble.

When has QVC shown any backbone in dealing with tat sellers who step out of line.
None so far to my knowledge,unfortunately she may have stepped into a nice little earner,but after being with the freebie merchants for a short time,arrogance and preening seems to be the order of the day.
I doubt those who are over her have any idea or inclination in how to deal with her.
Their seems to be a reluctance to discipline any tat seller,new or old because certain individuals behaviour has never improved on our TV screens.

I've highlighted what is fundamental to anyone in any workplace. This also applies to other presenters like Chloe who is equally guilty of diverting attention from the product to herself.

Whether she was chosen from her stint as a 'guest' (er, really?) or applied via a showreel, Annaliese should have done her homework and adapted herself to an audience who don't watch MTV or CBBC ! but in general are the middle aged and retired, and if those doing the hiring don't know that too, then QVC really are in serious trouble.
But Annaliese in my opinion doesn’t seem like she thinks she needs adapt herself in any other shape or form. Her attitude to guests, brand owners or anyone working with her is have they heard about me, this is the way I am and this is the way the hour will go.
The fashion guest Charlotte Day I think her name is, was recently on with Annaliese and all credit to Charlotte, she is the only fashion guest who I have witnessed didn’t get dragged into the drama.
Fair play to her to me she kept very much on point and gave over the information she was there to provide.

But Annaliese in my opinion doesn’t seem like she thinks she needs adapt herself in any other shape or form. Her attitude to guests, brand owners or anyone working with her is have they heard about me, this is the way I am and this is the way the hour will go.
The fashion guest Charlotte Day I think her name is, was recently on with Annaliese and all credit to Charlotte, she is the only fashion guest who I have witnessed didn’t get dragged into the drama.
Fair play to her to me she kept very much on point and gave over the information she was there to provide.
It might get to the stage that some of the BAs request that she doesnt do their shows. Can you imagine her with Simon Wilson or the likes of Helene Berman/June Poston

I really don't mind Annaliese at all, she is less irritating than some of the others. Some of them I just can't watch because they sound so shrill or their accents grate with me. Not their fault, we all respond differently to presenters. I am not young but I've no interest in watching someone who looks like my "demographic", I want to be inspired and pretend I can still look 25 if I wear that dress or use that cream (only kidding). The brand ambassador is there for all the facts and figures, I don't need the presenter to be an expert, just persuasive and hopefully a bit entertaining. I realise my view on here is not the general one.

Years (and years) ago there were very few brand ambassadors, so the presenters had to be on their game with the facts and figures. Oh for the days when we had the likes of Claudia who spoke eloquently and dressed so elegantly.

I have to say though, I really doubt I'll look 25 in what I'm offered on QVC ! my style when I WAS that age didn't look like Annaliese or Chloe either, it was more hippy boho with cheesecloth maxi's at weekends - and suits for workwear. The only fashion on QVC that fitted my hippy vibe was the Dreamkeeper ponchos with beaded fringing, of which I still have many.

I can’t stay quiet anymore. I have been reading and enjoying your comments for many years, I have laughed so hard and got lots of good advice but recently since the two women of colour joined the presenting team I have noticed the undercurrent racism dressed up as QVC being too “woke” and embracing diversity.
I was neutral about Annalise and Ophelia, I certainly didn’t dislike them until I noticed a few of you trying blatantly and transparently to tarnish their reputation and now sending emails to get Annalise sacked! Chilling… Thank goodness it’s only a few of you but a few too many…Gosh what has she done to you, I hope you are unsuccessful in getting her sacked.
Some of you have raised the standard for Annalise and Ophelia very high, perhaps in your mind they are challenging the status quo and structure of “the pyramid” and that frightens you

I presume new presenters are on probation like most of us when we start new jobs. I’ve no clue what criteria, but am assuming there are some, that management use to decide if presenters are kept on or not. I remember Carmel Thomas, now with the Jewellery Channel, didn’t get kept on although I thought she was ok….

Goodness gracious me some people have very low service standards! My opinion is if I wouldn’t accept it when shopping in Marks/Sainsbury/wherever I’m certainly not going to accept it from someone on my TV hence why I rarely watch now.

I also take exception to being called a racist just because I have some standards.

Perhaps if you are in the company of these type of snowflakes everyday, perhaps your own family, it seems ok to you but sorry its not for me.

I can’t stay quiet anymore. I have been reading and enjoying your comments for many years, I have laughed so hard and got lots of good advice but recently since the two women of colour joined the presenting team I have noticed the undercurrent racism dressed up as QVC being too “woke” and embracing diversity.
I was neutral about Annalise and Ophelia, I certainly didn’t dislike them until I noticed a few of you trying blatantly and transparently to tarnish their reputation and now sending emails to get Annalise sacked! Chilling… Thank goodness it’s only a few of you but a few too many…Gosh what has she done to you, I hope you are unsuccessful in getting her sacked.
Some of you have raised the standard for Annalise and Ophelia very high, perhaps in your mind they are challenging the status quo and structure of “the pyramid” and that frightens you

What a ridiculous comment! If Annalise didn't act the way she does, nobody would comment negatively. I couldn't care less if a presenter's black, white, yellow or purple as long as they don't act in the ridiculous way she does - all the time. Julian (ex presenter) is black and although he was never my cup of tea, for presenting reasons you understand, he was very popular on here. So your comment makes no sense.

Right so those who don’t like Micael are anti Irish or even anti gay Irish?

Same Chloe - anti lesbian?

Julia, Ali K - ageist?
Ann Dawson and the other one - anti Scottish?

Jackie K, Katy P,, Pippa, Dale, Charlie etc - anti middle class?

Del Boy isn’t liked for her hard sell tactics but that’s ok because she doesn’t fall into any of thees categories .

Poor June has been on with Annaliese many times in fact the licking of the coat was during a show with June. 😟
I think June is too nice to complain about her behaviour so will get lumbered with every FU show.
Here we go that old chestnut so it’s because she is black that people find her annoying what a load of crap this makes me so angry I don’t care if she’s sky blue with pink spots she is ****** awful and it is you that has trying to turn this racist everyone is scared to comment if they are people of colour because of being accused of being racist and how do you know that some of us aren’t black

It’s telling looking at the replies so far, it’s the same people who have cared enough to mention diversity in a derogatory manner and made reference to wokery, adverts and tv channels being inclusive.
What feels me with joy and hope is that you are in the minority, most of the commentators are decent
You don’t have to like a presenter and that’s my point but to be so bothered about her race is telling… The only snowflake I can see is you - lati, chill out

Um, the last time I looked Chloe was not 'of colour', but it didn't stop me from sending emails of complaint about her on-air behaviour either !! Sorry new member Koj, but your arguments don't hold water, particularly as another poster mentioned that a previous presenter, Julian Ballantyne (of colour) was extremely popular.

So if annalaise was white you wouldn’t be piping up trying to stir up a racist frenzy think we all had enough of that a little while ago get a grip people are commenting about her behaviour

It’s telling looking at the replies so far, it’s the same people who have cared enough to mention diversity in a derogatory manner and made reference to wokery, adverts and tv channels being inclusive.
What feels me with joy and hope is that you are in the minority, most of the commentators are decent
You don’t have to like a presenter and that’s my point but to be so bothered about her race is telling… The only snowflake I can see is you - lati, chill out
Plonker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back