Ann Dawson on Yankee Candles and Beauty Shows

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
I really wanted to write this post because Ann often gets lots of stick about her appearance! Tonight however, she looks really nice. Her hair looks lovely and is styled beautifully. She looks quite glamorous actually. Good for you Ann!!!!!

Totally agree, She looked lovely and she didnt spend the whole hour glued to her ipad nor did she mention her Fb groups and crappy books , Thumbs up from me :D

I agree ................ she looks very nice. And the fact that she isn't glued to a blessed iPad and begging us to tweet her makes her one of the presenters that I can watch quite happily.

Yes, it's so refreshing that's she's not been going on about twitter etc all the time! The producers should take note, a lot of us are really sick to death of hearing the presenters practically begging us to get in touch with them by this method!

Thumbs up from me as well: I don't think I've heard a 'tweet me if you've ever burnt a candle' all hour. And with the Decléor, she's a good foil to FiKi's crapping on about 'hooding of the eyelids' and 'turbocharging your moisturiser'.

I'm sorry I missed it because I'd like to have seen her looking good - she has nice features so I'm not surprised that once the effort was made it will have made a big difference. And maybe the message about this ridiculous tweeting etc irritation has got through to QVC so we'll see less of it in future, though I imagine that would be very hard for DBF to bear.

I am afraid Anne is rather too strident for me but I agree she looked very nice on the YC show, and a refreshing lack of tweets.

I thought that too.Her hair is looking much better and a little more styled.Being a channel hopper,I came across her on Revelation channel talking about diet.She looked Ok there too.

Curiosity got the better of me and went and had a look at one of the Yankee videos. I thought she looked so much better with a bit more volume and style in her hair, nice make up and generally looked well groomed and quite sophisticated, whereas normally she looks like me first thing in the morning !

Was there a reason she made an effort though? Will she be presenting Taya tsv of other hair care?

Alison Young is presenting the Taya TSV so I don't think that would be the reason Marina. She may have been to the hairdressers for a cut and colour, but whatever the reason she looked so much better than of late.

I've just watched Ann D on the video repeat, too - what a transformation. Softness round the face, nice makeup, and the plain but classy outfit suited her. Whether she's cut her hair or not, the styling really suits her and I hope she keeps making the effort.
(In my attempts to find a video of her, I unfortunately had to endure video snippets of Sara G and Micael, but the change in Ann made it worth it in the end.)

I am roughly the same age as Anne and my hair seems to have been on a similar journey! It started thinning at the onset of the big M, and went through fine, frizzy, dull and awkward phases. Just lately it seems to have settled down a bit, and seems thicker (or at least I haven't noticed any falling out for ages). I thought she looked great, and she's one of those who really suits specs.

Didn't see the shows but nice to hear people complimenting Ann instead of putting her down. She's one of my favourites although I do sometimes have to turn the volume down :talking:

CC

I thought she looked good too - well groomed. I've never found her particularly irritating to watch but her appearance has improved hugely.

If we are really truthful AD without work done is probably more like your average viewer than LuLu etc. I think people who normally comment on her appearance feel that she hadn't made any effort whereas this proves that (like us all) a nice big of slap, good hair day and a well fitting outfit and she can scrub up quite well.

Unfortunately the presenting style and voice grates on me. Glad to hear there was no twatting but I'm surprised there was no mention of her holidays/house in Italy :mysmilie_11:

If we are really truthful AD without work done is probably more like your average viewer than LuLu etc. I think people who normally comment on her appearance feel that she hadn't made any effort whereas this proves that (like us all) a nice big of slap, good hair day and a well fitting outfit and she can scrub up quite well.

Spot on, LATI. All the stars aligned for old Dawbags, bless her. And her 'normality' is what I like about her. Normal without being KT :sleepy:

Latest posts

Back