Andrew "literally" Gatineau

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Polly Esther

Registered Shopper
Good grief...HOW many times does he say "literally"?! Was just watching him on air with AY and it was almost every sentence!

"This will LITERALLY improve the look of the skin"
"You just LITERALLY" apply it morning and evening"
"It's suitable for LITERALLY all skin types"

Next time he's on, I'm going to find myself LITERALLY counting the occasions he says it!

Oh no! Literally, this confirms this is actually something he has literally caught like some sort of Dr literally Who type actual futuristic birdfluey actual literal virus from Alison literal actual Young...

Literally, who actually will be next???

Oh no! Literally, this confirms this is actually something he has literally caught like some sort of Dr literally Who type actual futuristic birdfluey actual literal virus from Alison literal actual Young...

Literally, who actually will be next???

The lady from Gayle Hayman who was on with Alison at midnight said it 3 times in one minute, I had to switch off!

Ali Young has literally given this actual verbal tic to many QVC presenters and guests, literally. Someone said a while ago, literally, that it would be a good idea, literally, if Ali wrote an actual book with her actual expertise literally gleaned from her 250 years in the actual beauty industry, literally. I believe it would be called: Literally: My Actual Life In Beauty. In this book we could discover actual beauty secrets such as the astonishing (literally) fact that mascara is applied to the actual eyelashes, literally. I, for one, always thought, literally, that it was to be applied to actual bunions, literally. Nevertheless, she has been very good to me, literally, because on many occasions she has told me that her actual make-up has been worn 'for me', literally. I am always deeply moved by the knowledge that I actually matter so much to this actual beauty expert, literally.

Disgracefully sloppy English. There is no excuse for it and I blame Ms Young for its endemic spread.

The one i hate is "this is very wearable" or "user friendly" and, "very organic" when talking about a pair of earings, as if your going to flippin eat them !

I started a thread a while ago (before the crash) about this particular affliction! I have noticed that it has become infectious, becoming almost epidemic-like at times. It drives me ******* mad!!! Literally and actually are the most over used words on QVC. Ali Young sometimes becomes unwatchable when she is going at it 100 miles an hour using these words inappropriately,

The other day AY said she changed her nail colour 'literally a few times a day for us' the viewer so we could literally see the vast array of actual nail colours we can buy 'for us'.

The other day AY said she changed her nail colour 'literally a few times a day for us' the viewer so we could literally see the vast array of actual nail colours we can buy 'for us'.
"Literally" drives me bonkers (and makes me turn off) but that "for you" makes me want to put a boot through the television.

Also, what would happen to the website if they weren't allowed to use the word "boasted"? I think it would crash for ever.

Ali Young has literally given this actual verbal tic to many QVC presenters and guests, literally. Someone said a while ago, literally, that it would be a good idea, literally, if Ali wrote an actual book with her actual expertise literally gleaned from her 250 years in the actual beauty industry, literally. I believe it would be called: Literally: My Actual Life In Beauty. In this book we could discover actual beauty secrets such as the astonishing (literally) fact that mascara is applied to the actual eyelashes, literally. I, for one, always thought, literally, that it was to be applied to actual bunions, literally. Nevertheless, she has been very good to me, literally, because on many occasions she has told me that her actual make-up has been worn 'for me', literally. I am always deeply moved by the knowledge that I actually matter so much to this actual beauty expert, literally.

Literally a fantastic observation, actually.

The one that makes me laugh is that we all have "areas" eye area, cheek area and even lip area :LOL last time I looked I had eyes,cheeks and lips.........literally!

that reminds me - I wonder if I misheard but I could have sworn they were talking about the 5 facial orifices or some such utter rubbish.

2 nostrils, 2 ears and the mouth? That's literally the only thing I could think it meant. :9:

And as well as multiple repeats of the word 'literally' on a lot of the shows, has any one else noticed how many times, during a jewellery show, that Jill Franks describes one of the pieces as "rather lovely?" After the first few I go into 'zonk' mode. :52:

Latest posts

Back