Amica ... the very lovely Amica

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Poor Amica...
What an inspirational post by Eric's Mum though - just shows the big C can be beaten and we're nearly 20 years down the line from when that lady experienced treatment so things will have moved on considerably.

Good Luck Amica and have the strength to fight, you can do it xx

I thought this post was going to be about her returning - really sad. I wish her all the best for 2012 and hope she can return to full health.

Poor Amica...
What an inspirational post by Eric's Mum though - just shows the big C can be beaten and we're nearly 20 years down the line from when that lady experienced treatment so things will have moved on considerably.

Good Luck Amica and have the strength to fight, you can do it xx

Absolutely right about the advances in treatment. When Sue had radiotherapy in the 1990's it couldn't be pin-pointed on the precise area of her chest (as is poss nowadays) - more of a broad brush approach which left the bones in her arm and hand very fragile. Years later when she fell over quite heavily the bones shattered and took 18 months before she could use it again. In the meantime she had to learn how to write with her left hand. She is such a strong-willed person and I firmly believe this is what has got her through all these years. Plus of course emotional and practical support from family and workmates.

I do wish the same strength and support for Amica in the difficult days ahead.

Linda xx

That is terribble to hear. such a classy lady. with two young children as well. awful for the whole family. no one deserves this terrible disease. wish you well.

That's such sad news. Let's hope and pray the new treatment will at least stabilise things, if not cure them, for Amica. I have lived with breast cancer spread to my spine for the last 4.5 yrs and whilst it's not always been a laugh a minute, I feel really well and have learnt to live with the cancer. I just enjoy myself while I can. If you read this Amica, come on to Breast Cancer Care forum and read and/or post amongst ladies who are in a similar situation - I have some wonderful friends from going on there and am meeting some of them early in 2012. Sending you lots of strength and good vibes.

Shed a tear for Amica and her family, and anyone else going through such a cruel disease. Please keep fighting.

Latest posts

Back