Amica the Beautiful Model

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

What sad news. Condolences to her family and friends. Such a lovely lady. RIP Amica.

Very sad news indeed, our thoughts to her family.

"Gone from our sight but never our memories, gone from our touch but never our hearts."

RIP beautiful Amica. Condolences to all her family and friends. Such sad news. xx

What terribly sad news. It seems no time ago that lovely Amica was on our screens and I thought how brave she was and perhaps she stood a chance of beating this awful disease . RIP Amica and sincere condolences to your family .

Here it is:

'Good afternoon everyone, it's Will here. I'm due to hold a Liz Earle Q&A session on our Facebook page later today, but before this happens I must say that all of us here at QVC are so sad to learn that the beautiful Amica has passed away, our thoughts are with her family and friends, she will be truly missed. xx'

Lots of comments already over 75 and lots of other separate posts too xx

My mate has 3 teenagers on the Autistic Spectrum and it's amazing how many people could be somewhere on the spectrum...we give each other knowing nods when we're out and about or watching telly. OK so not as life limited as her three and I would never belittle the dreadful condition but it's amazing how little strategies can equip some otherwise limited people to live and do well in the world.*

*I'm not in any way qualified to diagnose ASD nor am I saying KT is on the spectrum.

I have to say that is the most patronizing post I have ever read about Aspergers Syndrome. My teenage daughter has AS and it's not "a dreadful condition" thank you very much.

Neither does she go around giving knowing little nods to others with AS - whoever they may be as from my experience they don't seem to have AS branded on their foreheads.

And she's not "limited" either thank you. She is only limited by those who hold such narrow minded views.

I know that certain subjects can be very close to our hearts and feelings can run high but, given we now know that Amica has passed away, I feel we should show some respect and keep this thread relevant to that and not try to bottom out other issues.

Back on track, it is good to hear that Will has mentioned something on Facebook. I do think they should do something slightly more 'formal' than that though... on air and on the website.

Please take the time to watch the beautiful, brave and inspirational Amica make a speech about her cancer diagnosis.

I've just watched her speech. What an inspirational woman .......... which makes today's news all the sadder.

My thoughts are very much with her family and her friends today.

R.I.P. Amica.

My mate has 3 teenagers on the Autistic Spectrum and it's amazing how many people could be somewhere on the spectrum...we give each other knowing nods when we're out and about or watching telly. OK so not as life limited as her three and I would never belittle the dreadful condition but it's amazing how little strategies can equip some otherwise limited people to live and do well in the world.*

*I'm not in any way qualified to diagnose ASD nor am I saying KT is on the spectrum.

I was very sad today to hear of Amica's passing today and whilst I wish there was another way round this I'm afraid I can not ignore the above post any longer. When I first read it I thought my head might explode with rage . I'm mum to a small boy with autism and whilst we definitely have our difficult times they are far outweighed by his utter charm ,intellect, sense of humor, alternative ways of looking at things and... Oh yes the love and affection he shows us all . I would encourage anyone interested to google asd just to learn a little more about how " unlimited " life on the spectrum can be. Apologies for moving away from what this post is really about but the original post above should never have appeared here IMO.

I suggest people try to keep the thread on topic then rather than quoting a post that may have offended them. This can only have the effect of keeping a worthwhile thread off topic by drawing attention to it.

I think that's a bit harsh! KT was very supportive of Ali Keenan when she was going through her treatment, I remember reading something on AK's blog about it. We don't know much about the presenters friendships and it's not up to us to make assumptions like this.

I concur. I am sure would not, for any reason, intentionally want to offend anyone with such an illness and would, undoubtedly, be aghast if she felt she had given this impression.

"Only the good die young." I have lost count of the number of times I have said this, over the past couple of months. But it really is so pertinent. First Beulah, and now Amica, who I have known from QVC screens since she started at the Q. When people who have done no-one any harm, are taken prematurely like this one is, I have found, impelled to question both one's faith and, if you believe in God, what his agenda is. An extremely professional and classy lady, she and her loved ones can be proud of the way in which she was so loyal to the Q, always giving 100% of herself. So sad. Hopefully, in time - and it is never easy - those close to her will come to remember her for who she was to them and all she achieved.

Latest posts

Back