Amazon Kindle Paperwhite with Case TSV 26/06/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Why on earth would anyone buy a Kindle from QVC when Amazon have free and fast delivery and the best customer service anywhere?

Amazon announced a new kindle today with a special type of backlight that does not stop you getting sleepy. Cynically I suppose QVC ar getting the old one to flog.

I've got a Kindle which I rarely use. I think they are great for taking on holiday or for reading on the train etc. but I only read in bed so portability isn't an issue. You can reserve books for 60p at our library and it's easily accessible so I stick with that.

I bought the original kindle when it first came out, still going strong.

Me too and then Mr L upgraded me to a paper white and I just can't keep track of my books like the old one, one minute they are there and the next they have disappeared no matter how much he futters with it. The change over was a nightmare. I would go back to the original like a shot except the PW is much lighter. I use it every day.

Best thing ever, I would give up mobile/iPad/tv before it.

I was given a Kindle 3 (keyboard, wifi and 3g) and I've virtually stopped reading "real" books since. I never imagined, when I got it, that I would abandon paperbacks or hardbacks. The one thing I've stopped doing is reading in the bath as I sometimes doze off in the bath and water + Kindle wouldn't be a good mix. I love it - for commuting, for passing endless time waiting for doctor appointments etc... on holiday and anytime at home.

My OH got me a Kindle about 5 years ago for my birthday. I use it daily (on the bus to work, in my dinner hour, on holiday, in bed) and it's still going strong.

That said, I do like the look of the paperwhite. Have done since it came out & the white version has really got me excited. But I don't want to spend money on a new one when mine works prefectly fine.

Screenshot_2016-06-23-23-02-14.jpg

I've looked on Amazon & they release the white version on 30/06 for £109.99, so QVC only have a 5 day exclusive! Technically I think the TSV could arrive at homes the same time as pre-orders from Amazon's site. Interested to see QVC's price...

I appreciate the convenience of a Kindle but there's nothing like turning the pages of a real book and using a favourite bookmark!

I appreciate the convenience of a Kindle but there's nothing like turning the pages of a real book and using a favourite bookmark!

Couldn't agree more! I love my technology and I like the convenience of smartphones and tablets etc but I always said I wouldn't swap my beloved books for an e-reader and nothing has changed my mind on that. Maybe it's a romantic attachment to the object but I just love books and cannot imagine ever enjoying reading a screen in the same way that I love holding, touching and experiencing (even smelling!) a book!

I was exactly the same as you BusyLizzie. I didn't want a Kindle and I didn't have any intention of ever getting one. Then I got one as a gift for my birthday about 5 years ago. I haven't touched a 'real' book since. I just love it.

Another who never wanted one, but got a great deal on QVC with the last one. Now I did check against Amazon but with the charger, leather cover with the LED light it was actually cheaper by over £10, that included shipping from QVC.

The only one I will buy real books by is Terry Pratchett as he has so many little comments and booknotes its a nuance going back and forth to read them. Oh they are very important by the way.

I never thought I would give up "real books" but due to my arthritis I can no longer hold them open to read so I now have a Kindle fFre and love it.
I can have 100's of books at my fingertips and I LOVE the free books and have read far more variety since getting the Kindle Fire.

Amazon announced a new kindle today with a special type of backlight that does not stop you getting sleepy. Cynically I suppose QVC ar getting the old one to flog.

Because 'oh simple one' you don't get the extra added value and the oh so wonderful 30 day money back guarantee!

Sarcasm may have enshrined slightly there, but still come on how often do you watch Q!

I never thought I would give up "real books" but due to my arthritis I can no longer hold them open to read so I now have a Kindle fFre and love it.
I can have 100's of books at my fingertips and I LOVE the free books and have read far more variety since getting the Kindle Fire.

To me books fall into 2 categories - novels which I never read again (like who dun its and always remember the plot even decades later) and reference type books (travel, historical, cookery, coffee table books). The Kindle suits the former which for someone who is always reading is fab but I would never ever think of ebooks of any type for the latter as they are ones you need to go back to time and time again.

Mr L thinks nothing of having 3 or 4 version of the same book. special edition/first edition type, paper one to leave lying about to dip into and an e version. If he sees a book with antique colour plates he buys it even if he has umpteen copies of it at home.

I think the difference is I start a novel at the start and read to the end -done and never read again whereas he will read a book dozens of times and can just read from the middle for a bit and leave it and come back to a different book.

The only books I have re read and re read is my childhood favourite the Anne of Green Gables series.

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite 6" Wi-Fi eReader with Leather Case & Charger
Item Number: 508245
QVC Price £135.00
Todays Special Value Price £99.96
P&P £6.95

Lighter than a paperback and able to hold thousands of books, the Kindle Paperwhite e-reader is wireless so you don't need a computer to download content and boasts a crisp, high resolution display that reads like real paper. Packed with fantastic features, and also available in a new white colour, the Amazon Kindle Paperwhite lets you enjoy old favourites and the latest bestsellers on your commute and on your travels.
Crisp clarity - with twice as many pixels as the previous generation, Kindle Paperwhite has an improved high resolution 300 ppi display for crisp, print-quality text that reads like real paper. The built-in adjustable light means you can read day and night, plus there's no glare in bright sunlight.

Share and share alike - with the Family Library, your Amazon account can be linked to that of your spouse or partner, so for the first time, you and your family can access and easily share not only your own Kindle books, but also books from the Amazon account of your partner.

The latest typesetting engine - this means that the words are laid out just as the author intended for beautiful rendering of pages. With improved character spacing and the addition of hyphenation, justification, kerning, ligatures, and drop cap support, this innovative typography helps you read faster with less eyestrain and is available on over half a million books, including many bestsellers, with thousands more added every week.

No more tired eyes - the Paperwhite guides light towards the surface of the display with its built-in front light, so you can read comfortably without straining your eyes. Adjust your screen's brightness for great reading in any light, plus page layout and margins automatically adapt with the larger font sizes without compromising your reading experience.

Charge monthly, not daily - the Paperwhite won't leave you tethered to a socket, as a single charge can last up to six weeks (based on half an hour of reading per day with wireless off and the light setting at ten).

Read comfortably and in peace - thinner than a pencil and lighter than a paperback, you can easily hold the Paperwhite in one hand for long reading sessions, and with no distractions like email alerts you can enjoy your books in peace.

What's in the box?

Kindle Paperwhite
1 x USB 2.0 charging cable
Quick start guide

Colours available:

Black
White - a brand new colour

Added value:

Amazon Kindle Paperwhite leather case - available in three colours: Black, Magenta, Purple
Amazon PowerFast USB charger for accelerated charging

http://www.qvcuk.com/ukqic/qvcapp.aspx/app.detail/params.item.508245

Latest posts

Back