Amazon Fire HD 10 10.1“ Tablet & Case TSV 24/10/15

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

The 'special offers' bit is no hassle really - it's just an advert that shows the latest book or the latest offer... One swipe gets you out of it.

It's never bothered me enough to pay the £10... and some of the offers can be interesting.

Thanks for that, I thought this may have been the case, just curious how Q 'forgot' to mention it, as for 'interesting offers', my mother has a kindle app on her tablet and is frustrated with offer emails as it makes her spend money 😃

I have checked price comparison for the same spec and with the easy pays and extended MBG for gifts this is a very impressive deal, especially for a first-time tablet user like me x

Amazon have obviously let QVC have this good deal and kudos to them, every time QVC mentioned Amazon, and I bet that was a lot, that's free advertising for them, they probably got people checking out their website too and found out how much cheaper they are, so all in all well done Amazon, 24 hours of free publicity and possibly increased sales, result!

I have tried various tablets for reading from the original Kindle then the Kindle Fire HD then I tried a 7inch Nexus but I've now got the Kindle Paper white and for me it is the best of the lot for reading. It is small and lightweight and goes everywhere with me as I do a lot of reading. I also have the iPad Air and would not be without it for all my other web browsing etc.

I have tried various tablets for reading from the original Kindle then the Kindle Fire HD then I tried a 7inch Nexus but I've now got the Kindle Paper white and for me it is the best of the lot for reading. It is small and lightweight and goes everywhere with me as I do a lot of reading. I also have the iPad Air and would not be without it for all my other web browsing etc.

Yep - I'd give up a lot of things before I'd let go of my Paperwhite - it's fantastic for reading in low and bright light.

Yes, you can read a book on a standard tablet but it's not the same - the Paperwhite cuts out any screen glare or reflections and is much more restful on the eyes.

Plus, the battery life is measured in weeks - even if used every day.

Fab-u-lous.

I already have a paper white and I love it. The kindle fire is for hubby for Christmas as we don't have a tablet yet. It seems geared for entertainment and love the kids feature. We would balk at the price of an iPad so this seems ideal. Plus as it's a gift.. if it doesn't suit then it goes back. Hubby intends to give it a thorough testing during the mbg period.

I already have a paper white and I love it. The kindle fire is for hubby for Christmas as we don't have a tablet yet. It seems geared for entertainment and love the kids feature. We would balk at the price of an iPad so this seems ideal. Plus as it's a gift.. if it doesn't suit then it goes back. Hubby intends to give it a thorough testing during the mbg period.

It really comes into its own if you have an Amazon Prime membership - if you don't, you can sign up for their 30 day free trial.

Also, if you're buying apps or games from Amazon then you can buy Amazon Coins and pay with them to get a discount... they don't work with Kindle books though which is a bit disappointing.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature....d_r=18QPJPSZXFHPKNPFJT61&pf_rd_i=amazon+coins

Thanks Tiddly. I am hoping a 30 day free trial is going to coincide with the 30 day MBG! I think my hubby will love it. I will post to let people know on here!

I have the Kindle Fire and I love it, it's ideal for me, I'm not a techie person. I use it for reading, listening to audio books, (audible.co.uk have a deal of the day each day and audio books are around £1.99 to £2.99, I also watch Neflix on it and Amazon Prime videos, the best thing about it is being able to download movies and series and watch them when you don't have an internet connection, eg on flights. I haven't watched QVC for a while, or been on the forum, so I missed this one. Do you think it was a good deal?

I have the Kindle Fire and I love it, it's ideal for me, I'm not a techie person. I use it for reading, listening to audio books, (audible.co.uk have a deal of the day each day and audio books are around £1.99 to £2.99, I also watch Neflix on it and Amazon Prime videos, the best thing about it is being able to download movies and series and watch them when you don't have an internet connection, eg on flights. I haven't watched QVC for a while, or been on the forum, so I missed this one. Do you think it was a good deal?

I did as much research as I could and yes it was a good deal especially with Easy pays and extended MBG. I expect Amazon will beat it sooner or later though. Now all I need is a good offer on Prime.

Latest posts

Back