Amazed that the ecoegg is back on air

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I'm still happy to use washballs 90% of the time, my whites aren't grey or smelly. No one in our family does a physical job that results in stains, smells and real grime. I'd rather spot treat anything with a spill on it, before it goes in the main wash. I use a net bag, but every type of washball can open in the machine ime so it doesn't bother me. If it does bother a buyer they can return them to Q as faulty even outside the 30 day MBG.

This is my experience, as well. I have saved a fortune on detergent and conditioner sonce I have used wash balls and ecoegg.

I agree about the bliddy thing coming apart, though! I still have the little black beads appearing on the filter every now and then-dread to think whether my washer may eventually die due to those things, in which case I won't have saved anything!

i have received replacement tourmaline beads and 2 replacement eggs directly from ecoegg (excellent fast customer service) and now put cable ties on after I refill as I have accepted that they just will open, even if you check them after every wash (and my memory isn't up to doing that, anyway!)

I do love the detox tablets as well, they really clean your wsher out and get rid of any scum or smell etc left over from using normal detergent. I would have paid the TSV price just for those.

oh, forgot to say-the dryer balls are useless, and the smell of the ones I received was really revolting. you may just as well stick clean tennis balls in with your washing in my opinion. I found no difference in drying times or softness.

I have an eco egg and use it occassionally, its only good for small washes and we are a large family/washing machine. We put ours in a cloth bag, what's wrong with that, it's better to be safe and it hasn't come apart yet (after several months) It's actually easier than other detergents that have to go in a bag or cup etc every wash, done once all done apart from fill ups. It save us money, even if we don't use it all the time and that is what I got it for and yes, I have made my money back already and more.

Forgot about the detox tablets until you reminded me SuziQ, just put one in now! I wonder whether it'd work to clean my dishwasher, because dish washer cleaners are stupidly expensive for what the are, I've used soda crystals which work pretty well. I'll put one in the dishwasher and report back!

Jude xx

PS I bought knobbly dryer balls from the pound shop (no scent to them) and they help prevent the clothes twisting and tangling together in the dry, they help reduce the need for ironing too which is a bonus.

I would like to do an experiment. One load of washing using the egg, one without. Same temp / soiling, and compare.

Latest posts

Back