Amazed that the ecoegg is back on air

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

There are so many good things they COULD sell, so why do they keep selling rubbish?

It was the same with the 10 inch Prestigio tablet, bad reviews and lots of returns, so a few months later they sold the 8 inch with exactly the same problems!

I was always under the impression it was agitation within the machine that actually cleaned your clobber ... not the powder whatever you shove in the draw

I was always under the impression it was agitation within the machine that actually cleaned your clobber ... not the powder whatever you shove in the draw

So try washing your knickers on 30 degrees with no powder and report back! :giggle:

When clothes are stained and dirty its the science part of the powder or washing liquid which washes the dirt out and holds it within the water without washing the dirt back into the clothes, even in non biological powder. You use such things as the eggs and the dirt just washes back into things making them grey and smelly. You may as well just wash your clothes in the local canal.

BTW for those people who dislike perfumed washing powders or biological powder or any washing product they feel damages the environment I can highly reccomend Faith In Nature laundry liquid. Its good stuff and is kind to skin and the environment. I used it when my late husband was having cancer treatment and ordinary washing powders irritated his skin and after trying several organic washing products it turned out to be the best of the lot.

I once had a boyfriend who was a scientist at Procter and Gamble, he was very very clever, used to do the Telegraph crossword in about 5 minutes. he used to work on enzymes and stuff and told me loads about washing powder, most of which I didnt understand but you do definitley need 'chemicals' I think. Besides he used to get me massive boxes of Daz and also massive bottles of Daz Liquid, one of which I am still to this day using on and off, they changed from the original smell, so Im savouring every last drop of this!! He worked a lot on Lenor too.

The latest reviwer on the qvc website is instructing everyone to use a net bag for the egg??? why should this be even necessary? isnt that admitting that the egg is not 'fit for purpose' I have never heard in any presentation anyone say you have to put the egg in a net or tie it with 'cable ties' as another reviwer suggests! why they say it, because the egg comes apart in the wash. Im angry at this, but seems qvc are ok with it.

When I'm at home I wash all my clothes at 60c using "Easy" aloe vera washing powder from the Pound Shop. They come out fine! Sometimes I put a squeeze of coconut hair conditioner in towards the end of the cycle. I think you need a certain amount of soap etc. Imaging forgoing hand soap and just rubbing your hands more under the tap...They wouldn't feel or smell any cleaner, would they?! I don't think one little cup of washing powder is going to harm the environment that much. The use of drying machines afterwards might. Don't use dryers.

You know when you have bought something and it just doesnt work, it makes you so angry doesnt it? Mine is in my cupboard, cant bare to throw it away because it costed me good money, I save it to remind myself how I was sucked in. I think its disgusting that qvc are airing it again when so many egs have failed. Its like they endore a faulty product, how can they do that to someone. I rang qvc to tell them about it, obviously they dont take a blind bit of notice of customer feedback.

So angry? No, it doesn't. It might make me feel a bit naffed off or a tad disappointed, but if it were making me 'so angry' I'd be questioning my priorities.

And if I'd bought something from La Q that didnt work I'd send it back, get my money back and draw a line under the matter.

I'm still happy to use washballs 90% of the time, my whites aren't grey or smelly. No one in our family does a physical job that results in stains, smells and real grime. I'd rather spot treat anything with a spill on it, before it goes in the main wash. I use a net bag, but every type of washball can open in the machine ime so it doesn't bother me. If it does bother a buyer they can return them to Q as faulty even outside the 30 day MBG.

Jude xx

I`ve been buying soap powder from a guy who buys up all the broken washing tablets from one of the big manufacturers. He then grinds the tablets into powder and puts it into sacks. Because the powder is ground up tablets its super concentrated so you only use an eggcup full. You get 20 kilograms, either bio or no bio as per your request and its £20 including courier delivery. The 20 kilos will last around a year and its good stuff, smells nice and certainly does the job. Very economical.

I`ve been buying soap powder from a guy who buys up all the broken washing tablets from one of the big manufacturers. He then grinds the tablets into powder and puts it into sacks. Because the powder is ground up tablets its super concentrated so you only use an eggcup full. You get 20 kilograms, either bio or no bio as per your request and its £20 including courier delivery. The 20 kilos will last around a year and its good stuff, smells nice and certainly does the job. Very economical.

Not bad Vienna. I like to buy "Easy" aloe vera non-bio from the pound shop. It has a pleasant, subtle fragrance and is only £1 for a big box that lasts about 4-5 weeks (depending on whether it has any extra free in it).

Wow thats good value Vienna, my washing machines never off, what with a hubby & two big sons who all love being outdoors climbing hills, football, biking whatever involves coming home stinking lol

Just looked on the QVC Website. It says that the Ecoegg lasts for up to 72 washed and will last a family that does 4-5 washes per week up to 3 years! NO IT WON'T!!! If they do 4-5 washes per week and it lasts 72 washes then the egg will last for about 5-6 months max!

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back