Amazed that the ecoegg is back on air

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

T

tristar

Guest Shopper
As I write, its back on. What a joke this product is, I had two, the first opened after approx 20 washes in the wash and spilt pellets all over the drum. then I rang ecoegg, they said 'oh they has been a problem and our eggs are now made in UK and wont open, so they sent another, different colour egg. This one did slightly more about 30 washes before once again it started to open during the cycle, pellets all over the floor again. Still finding them now in the kitchen.

Now the results, err, dingy whites after awhile, greyish towels, also the clothes appeared clean but yuck, there was still the smells of dirty washing on the finished laundry, you can imagine, socks, kecks, teatowels, all a bit smelly. I abandoned it though when it started to open in the cycle. I thought qvc had maybe discovered the problems some perople were having with them opening, and wouldnt air it again. Its making me really angry. Also Craig keeps talking of the average family has 4-5 washes a week, well even I have that many Im on my todd. My sister, with her family does more like 3 washes a day or something. What rubbish they are spouting. Havent tried the dryer balls because of the experiences with the egg so cant speak for them so they may be a better product but the laundry egg!!

i agree tristar they are a travesty. hate them my daughter threatened to leave home the washing was so horrible....with hindsite i should have kept the wasballs!

Did you's not send them back under the 30 MBG. I was tempted, glad now i didn't

I rang ecoegg direct, explained about the ball opening in cycle, they said 'oh yes there was a problem with a batch, we will send you a new egg' nice enough of them, I thought, until the replacement started opening, pellets all over the washing, the drum, the floor. Not fit for purpose, sums it up.

I put the pellets inside one of those net drawstring bags you get with washing tablets, tied it in a knot and put it back inside the egg. Simple. They seem to work fine for most of our family's wash (but then I dislike soap powder perfumes). Mind you i just washed my 18 year old son's Converse and added 2 scoops of Ariel Hygiene for v obvious reasons.

Jude xx

But you shouldnt have to do that! They dont say on air, oh the eggs open after some washes and you need nets or cable ties!! Its not fit for purpose.

Did you's not send them back under the 30 MBG. I was tempted, glad now i didn't

i returned them after the mbg but qvc did the honourable thing and gave me my money back. would not buy them again specially if you like really good washing powder and lovely fabric conditioner results. i thought i would like them but i dont!

Only way i like my clothes washed is in hot soapy water and fabric conditioner.

Felt a bit unhygienic. Maybe because I was used to smell of poder but when I smelt the tea towels and they stll had odours, then they started to open all the time. Iv read quite a few reviews who say for whites they add a scoop of whites booster, well yes you have to because the whites get minging and towels get a greyish tinge. They dont say oh you dont have to buy powder but you need to use laundry booster, the ink one is over £5 for a decent size tub, add that in to the cost, and those rubber eggs, that open, are not good value. I laugh when people say, oh I put them in a net bag and tie it with cables!! WT? why should you have to resort to that. The egge is suppose to be good for 720 washes, 720 washes, my first opened after approx 20 washes the second 'made in the UK replecement in another colour, opened after maybe 30-40 washes and when they open you really know about it eggs all over. Im surprised people have not had problems with them getting stuck in pumps and filters.

tbh you may as well wash with nothing now that will save you a lot of money not even an eco egg to buy..

You know when you have bought something and it just doesnt work, it makes you so angry doesnt it? Mine is in my cupboard, cant bare to throw it away because it costed me good money, I save it to remind myself how I was sucked in. I think its disgusting that qvc are airing it again when so many egs have failed. Its like they endore a faulty product, how can they do that to someone. I rang qvc to tell them about it, obviously they dont take a blind bit of notice of customer feedback.

I don't like the way they say that you don't use fabric conditioner with their system because you can use the dryer eggs to soften instead, because not everyone has a tumble dryer and even if you do you wouldn't put everything in there because it would be too expensive and some stuff can't go in.

You're lucky you didn't get the aah bra Tristar.! They were crap,the reviews were awful and yet they still sell it.

No, I will leave the ahhhhhh bra to Charlie Brooks, he raves about them on air!!

You know when you have bought something and it just doesnt work, it makes you so angry doesnt it? Mine is in my cupboard, cant bare to throw it away because it costed me good money, I save it to remind myself how I was sucked in. I think its disgusting that qvc are airing it again when so many egs have failed. Its like they endore a faulty product, how can they do that to someone. I rang qvc to tell them about it, obviously they dont take a blind bit of notice of customer feedback.

It'll probably be a hot pick next, the ultimate way to shift dodgy products! I totally agree it is very annoying. I once got some shoes from QVC that had an obvious fault (hot pick!) and when I looked up the reviews there were loads of 1 or 2 stars all complaining about the same thing, but they'd still highlighted it as a hot pick.

I had the egg to and the stain remover when it was on a TSV I must have been one of the few lucky ones as mine never split in the wash. I tried it just before the 30 days were up and noticed a huge difference in my washing. All the OH shirts went grey, no stains were coming out and the smell of the washing (cos no conditioner) was bliddy awful! I went back to using my usual stuff and the difference was amazing. Sent it back and placed a bad review on it too. :mysmilie_10:

I had the egg to and the stain remover when it was on a TSV I must have been one of the few lucky ones as mine never split in the wash. I tried it just before the 30 days were up and noticed a huge difference in my washing. All the OH shirts went grey, no stains were coming out and the smell of the washing (cos no conditioner) was bliddy awful! I went back to using my usual stuff and the difference was amazing. Sent it back and placed a bad review on it too. :mysmilie_10:

I bought one, forgot to return it DOH! I've never used it as I couldn't get mine open to put the balls in. Having read these comments about it I'm pleased I didn't use it!

You're lucky you didn't get the aah bra Tristar.! They were crap,the reviews were awful and yet they still sell it.

I was asked to take part in a survey after I sent the Aah Bra back. They we're trying to understand why it hadn't met my expectations based on what I normally wear and wanted. I suspect I was one of many that were unhappy. They have since changed the design a bit but not enough for me ever try it again. I've also noticed that during the Ronnie N hours they also state now that the lining in the dresses starts under the bust so that the bust isn't flattened!!

I completely agree with you Tristar if they are faulty they shouldnt keep selling them - they otherwise sail a bit close to the wind on trading standards don't they?

Latest posts

Back