Am I alone?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I think a QVC themed "virtual Christmas" is a brilliant idea, outfits, make up,home decor, food, festive lighting and daft gifts, we could do the lot.

Think I will be top to toe Indigo Moon, feet shod in Emu boots and finished off with the snow and ice grippers. I will also be draped in Dimonique and some B and W crystal animals. I am hoping for a brooch of all the reindeer plus a massive glittering sleigh.

What shall we have as the party music? it must chosen from those who have been flogging their latest release.

now that could be a step too far :tongue: :rock:

Well, Glen Campbell has just replied to my email for advice and I want to get in before Mrs J - so I shall be head to toe in Kims Delicate Ditsy ensemble and Dreamkeeper Frosted Fairy wrap, Ken has offered to do my hair and a friend has donated some Birkenstocks (I wobble in heels after a few tipples!). Don't want to overdo the jewellery so keeping it simple with a pair of Boing-Boing earrings.

I'll bring a crate of Special Brew and Brucies' album should get us in the mood?

Perhaps we could invite The Soldiers or Fishermans Friends as back up as I may need carrying home!:mysmilie_59:

Well, Glen Campbell has just replied to my email for advice and I want to get in before Mrs J - so I shall be head to toe in Kims Delicate Ditsy ensemble and Dreamkeeper Frosted Fairy wrap, Ken has offered to do my hair and a friend has donated some Birkenstocks (I wobble in heels after a few tipples!). Don't want to overdo the jewellery so keeping it simple with a pair of Boing-Boing earrings.

I'll bring a crate of Special Brew and Brucies' album should get us in the mood?

Perhaps we could invite The Soldiers or Fishermans Friends as back up as I may need carrying home!:mysmilie_59:

Oh dear, I am about to go to bed, as have to be at work at 3 in the morning. But, the above has made me laugh so much that it's taken the edge of my tiredness and I'm gonna have trouble going to sleep.
But, thanks for the laugh anyway, Frazzled

I'm rushed off my feet most nights loading the dishwasher after an evening's soiree either in my rather large thatched property or one of my many friends in Nether Fartham, not far from Icky Bottom. Life is one never-ending collection of cookery books and delicacies with which I cannot wait to entertain my effusive acquaintances. What with cramming in all those coffee mornings, shopping expos as well as menu planning while directing my cleaner as she seems oblivious to cellar spider creations in my lower kitchen I barely have time to pop for a manicure let alone think about whether I have enough matching cutlery for Christmas day.

I positively thrive on the adoration of my friends and family as I ply them with my tasty creations while encouraging them to allow the delicate scents from my Yankee Candles waft dreamily around their noses as they admire my Thomas Kincade artwork. I simply adore hearing the laughter of all the children and the smiles of the..........

SH*T, where are my tablets?

I'm forever losing my fecking tablets!

*** SENT from my 2TONE Ferrari with built-in Champagne cupboard, Jacuzzi and an assortment of disposable men, using FizzPost 2.0

Course you should take a bottle of wine to a dinner party, it's the done thing....Imagine turning up with a kitchen clock or a bale of towels instead, the host will think you've "lost the plot" lol!

If QVC started selling wine, then we'd have the "dinner party" idea rammed down our throats on a very regular basis!

As for Christmas, like Capirossi we're going to do it a bit differently this year too. We shall be visiting the rellies right at the beginning of December and dropping off all the pressies then. We shall be having a turkey dinner but we're going to have that on Xmas Eve lunchtime instead. Get it all washed up, then go for a drink in our local in the Evening. On Xmas day we're going to the local Indian Buffet who are open business as usual (same price too!) and then going to have a walk on the prom after (weather permitting of course!)

Capirossi, I hope your hubbie is recovering well btw x

Last edited:
IfQVC started selling wine, then we'd have the "dinner party" idea rammed down our throats on a very regular basis!

Can you imagine the p and p!!!! it would probably be twice the price of the plonk!!

This is such a refreshing post!
QVC is always selling lifestyle with their products, I know, but as a happily confirmed singleton, I do sometimes wonder if I'm missing out on dinner parties/meals out etc that couple s get to go to. But having read this and spoken to married friends (in my friendship circle at least) the glamour of nights out at a friend's or whatever seems fairly non-existent. I'm lucky in that I can go out when I like & eat how I want without worrying about a DH or kids etc. It's even nicer to realise that I'm not missing something more exciting!
Having said that, when I do go round to a mate's for a meal (tends to be casual not glam) I take my bottles with pride and they are always appreciated. I'm not sure a vase of fake peonies or a glass ornament would be valued quite so much!

paul - you aint seen nothin yet - just wait till i get my MH stretch lace number on, with my emus and ken paves piece......

Latest posts

Back