Alpha-H TSV on 24/02/2014

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I have dry skin and sensitive from psoriasis but my pores are getting bigger and open. Would this be good for me? I fancy giving it a go! X

Thank you for posting Autumn, what a disappointing TSV, no new products, but I will be getting it for the LGold but it's better not be over £40, preferably with P&P under £40. I was hoping that it may be the hydrating products that I haven't tried. Shame there's no SPF in the TSV, it's too expensive to buy on its own.

Well, if I am right the price for the 200ml Liquid Gold was £37 when it was the Product of the Month last year, so I doubt the price for the whole Set will be under £40.

Anyway, I had a trial size of the cleanser and really liked it, the Liquid Gold is great even for my sensitive skin, it's just the eye complex I don't know so I might be give this upcoming TSV a go.

you can try the liquid gold by patch testing and diluting it on a damp cotton wool. it does tingle but goes in a couple of minutes. the cleansers are really gentle and work well with the liquid gold. my all time favourite is the rejuvinating cream. which i use every single day and have little or no need for the liquid gold now. i use it when my skin needs a boost.i like this range are there is little need for loads of different stuff its that effective. i use a mask rarely once a month and very rarely need a srub so effective is the rejuvinating cream and the liquid gold.

I use the Absolute Eye Complex, as AY recommended it, but I've never used either of other two from the TSV.

What exactly is Liquid Gold? And is the Balancing Cleanser a toner as well as a face wash / make up remover?

When I needed eye cream I couldn't find it on QVC's website, so I ordered one from Ebay. It was £15.

I have dry skin and sensitive from psoriasis but my pores are getting bigger and open. Would this be good for me? I fancy giving it a go! X

Re:psoriasis, you could certainly use the AHA free products like the cleansers, but I would be very careful with the AHA products like Liquid Gold. You could email Alpha H for advice (they are helpful and are honest if they don't think something is ok for you).

In terms of sensitivity, I use the whole range including AHA products and have sensitive skin and they cause me no problems at all, if anything they have improved my sensitivity!

For more info check out their FAQs :)
https://www.alpha-h.com/Your-Skin/Your-Questions.aspx

Well, if I am right the price for the 200ml Liquid Gold was £37 when it was the Product of the Month last year, so I doubt the price for the whole Set will be under £40.

Anyway, I had a trial size of the cleanser and really liked it, the Liquid Gold is great even for my sensitive skin, it's just the eye complex I don't know so I might be giving this upcoming TSV a go.

...in case it can be delivered outside the UK...

Has anyone tried the Alpha H Balancing and Pore Refining Mask?
Is this the same as the Liquid Gold clay mask or this is a new product?

http://www.qvcuk.com/Alpha-H-Balanc...c=204159-SRCH&cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_-1-_-204159

I use it. It's a white clay mask, it says it's suitable for all skin types but I'd say it's more for your typical combination/oily skin to reduce congestion, stop a small spot turning into a mountain, etc! I alternate it weekly with the Liquid Gold mask :happy:

I use the Absolute Eye Complex, as AY recommended it, but I've never used either of other two from the TSV.

What exactly is Liquid Gold? And is the Balancing Cleanser a toner as well as a face wash / make up remover?

When I needed eye cream I couldn't find it on QVC's website, so I ordered one from Ebay. It was £15.

Liquid Gold is a liquid exfoliator with a difference. It's a watery texture that you put onto a cotton wool pad and swipe it over your skin at night after cleansing. You don't need to put a moisturiser over the top, as you would do after a "normal" liquid exfoliator. So it's an exfoliator and moisturiser combined, if you like.

The balancing cleanser is indeed a cleanser and toner, and will remove your make up.

Alpha H is a pretty economical "premium" brand really, as you don't need so many separate products for a basic regime.

I use it. It's a white clay mask, it says it's suitable for all skin types but I'd say it's more for your typical combination/oily skin to reduce congestion, stop a small spot turning into a mountain, etc! I alternate it weekly with the Liquid Gold mask :happy:
Thank you Ellaaa, how do you compare the two? Is one better than the other?
I've got the LGold Mask and I find that it leaves residue on the skin, not very keen on the fact.

Thank you Ellaaa, how do you compare the two? Is one better than the other?
I've got the LGold Mask and I find that it leaves residue on the skin, not very keen on the fact.

It's difficult to say, I think both have their different qualities and I think both are as good as each other. LGold mask is slightly more moisturising and more like a peel. The balancing mask doesn't contain AHA's so it's a "traditional" deep cleansing mask. For me the LGold mask doesn't leave my skin "clear" the next morning as it seems to "draw out" spots and it's a couple of days before you see the wonder it has worked, whereas with the balancing mask any blemishes I have are reduced the morning after. Sometimes I use one after the other on the same night and they work an absolute treat (I wish I could do that every week but one has to try and prolong the life of things that aren't cheap! :wink:)

Hmm I'm not sure that was much help?! They really are both as good as each other, but in different ways. If you have combo/oily skin then the balancing mask is worth a go, I think it would be too drying for dry skin.
I use a muslin cloth or foam sponges to remove the LGold mask, that might help reduce that feeling of residue on your skin? The balancing mask is "heavy" clay and definitely needs removing with a cloth or sponges.

Last edited:
This is another range were the single items have shot up in price from when it first came to Q.
I think that it happened when they changed the packaging. They used to make a big deal about simple packaging that gives us affordable prices and I loved the fact. I do prefer the new packaging but given the choice I would go for the cheaper packaging as I'm after the product mostly.

Ones a clay mask and the other is an exfoliating mask

Has anyone tried the Alpha H Balancing and Pore Refining Mask?
Is this the same as the Liquid Gold clay mask or this is a new product?

BALANCING AND PORE REFINING MASK - Clay based mask containing anti-bacterial Lavender, pore cleansing White Clay, Zinc Oxide to accelerate post-acne healing and Vitamin A to improve skin integrity. For all skin types, particularly dull and congested.

LIQUID GOLD SMOOTHING AND PERFECTING MASK - A resurfacing mask which acts as a powerful once-a-week, at home, mini-peel. The 15% Glycolic Acid exfoliates dead surface cells whilst Manuka Honey, Lavender and Vitamin E work to hydrate and plump the fresh new cells underneath to leave the complexion visibly more supple, dewy and radiant. It's not a clay mask.

Thank you so much Ian. Do you know how much it's going to be?
Just out of curiosity, are you able to follow the link to the item on your side and see the details?

Just looked at the photos properly - balancing cleanser not in the pump as on Tom's video.

Latest posts

Back