Alpha-H TSV 3/1/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

right, a very early guess, based on nothing but speculation on my part
is that it will include new protection plus 50 hand cream

This was on my mind too lilith but then I thought it’s more of a summer product so I thought may be not in January TSV.

I was watching a bit of TVSN last week and it’s funny to hear such as ‘we are just coming out of winter with dry skin… summer is upon us.. spf is a must’ etc.

I’d like to see the vitamin trio 50 ml bottles as well as an exciting TSV, on the other hand I was pleased that I wasn’t tempted by the latest TSV and my money was safe.

Alpha H also have a new formula Microcleanse and a new size 100 ml face SPF50 very heavily promoted on TVSN as $2 from each purchase goes to some institute that does a research. There’s also another new product as posted by Ian very recently ‘Overnight Peel’.

I have to say that I quite liked the Ultrasun supersized TSV this year and was using it on my hands and liked it very much. It’s hardworking and even after washing hands no need to reapply as one can tell it’s still there.

i hear you Marina re the Australia summer vs UK winter thing
UK buyers vs Alpha H HQ and what they are excited about, and on second thought
you ought to be right :0)

the 50ml serums in the refill bottle (with less preservatives) incl the Vit C serum and the Liquid Laser serum would be very tempting for me
i have them already and love them (even though i am experimenting with other Vit C options at the mo)
and i also still have the Vit A Retinol 15ml from the pick your own samples kit from AH directly
and not tried yet, as i don't want to go mad chopping and changing too much and got stuff to use up
a Liquid Laser full size ish TSV also be of interest to me, at the right price

thanks for mentioning the overnight peel Martina (and Ian)
i must have missed that, and can't see it in the web offering (been and gone ?)

The power peel will be available at M&S from January and will be £49. I'm really sorry to see a-h prices soaring. Will still buy if there are well priced kits otherwise I'm out, sadly.

The power peel will be available at M&S from January and will be £49. I'm really sorry to see a-h prices soaring. Will still buy if there are well priced kits otherwise I'm out, sadly.

Ouch... I think it’s been a while since I heard Michelle say ‘affordable brand’

i hear you Marina re the Australia summer vs UK winter thing
UK buyers vs Alpha H HQ and what they are excited about, and on second thought
you ought to be right :0)
I’m sure QVC will have no trouble persuading us that we need SPF50 hand cream in January more than anything.

Indeed. When did Marks start stocking other brands? They have Leighton Denny and Philip Kingsley that I know of and now alpha-h. Quite a departure from the ubiquitous St. Michael. Still, if it gets people through the doors...

I’m sure QVC will have no trouble persuading us that we need SPF50 hand cream in January more than anything.

Of course, we can only be dragged away from the downstairs cloakrooms in our second homes in winter, when we go cruising and ski-ing. Slap on the factor 50.

I have also noticed on TVSN that AH are gradually moving away from the pump tubes and although I know lots of people had trouble using them I had never had trouble and I’m even reusing one for LG Spackle. The lids they are moving on to are the screw on ones. It's hard to believe they can’t afford a flip top as even the 75p Superdrug hand cream has one, and one would be hard pressed to find a screw top tube on a high street. I hate them with a passion and would prefer the pump tubes (they are so elegant and functional).

You are right lilith it was listed in new beauty items the other day so the item is not available as yet.

Indeed. When did Marks start stocking other brands? They have Leighton Denny and Philip Kingsley that I know of and now alpha-h. Quite a departure from the ubiquitous St. Michael. Still, if it gets people through the doors...

yeah, completely new approach
started maybe a year or so ago
their selection is now getting so good
that you can say it is like a mid price Space NK kind of edit
and a best of QVC
they also do Emma Hardie, Pixie, Murad, Nuxe, Cowshed, Glamglow, L'Occitane, Living Proof, Percy &Reed, Nails Inc, Neals Yard, Rodial, Dr Hauschka, James Read, Filorgia .... a good edit and frequently 20% off across all beauty
and my new discovery - what i am hoping may be the love child between Alpha H kick ass performance and Balance Me
natural purity, and if the case, the right balance for me at a mid price : REN :0)

Ouch... I think it’s been a while since I heard Michelle say ‘affordable brand’

yeah, i also have the feeling that they have gone into a new phase with the business
i see her Husband Dean is now often mentioned
they have a PR agency and seem to spend alot on schmoozing the mag beauty editors
and repackaging products a few times now within a short timescale
it looks to me that they have gine the 'conventional way' of business
and it all has to be paid for
and maybe as they are expanding and tarting it up
they may be open to be bought out by one of the majors for mega bucks...
at least i would not be surprised at such news in the medium term...

right, a very early guess, based on nothing but speculation on my part
is that it will include new protection plus 50 hand cream

This could be quite an interesting product. I did notice in SCW's post in the New Beauty Items thread Ultrasun are launching an SPF handcream and an SPF30 eye cream this year. I wonder how they'll compare with Alpha H.

Not all stores sell the full beauty range.

do you mean M&S, grovesy ?
if yes, i see wnat you mean
i do have an M&S on my local high street and they don't have a beauty section at all
and i use it for free delivery - click and collect for small price items
their delivery charge is more reasonable than Q and free to home over a certain order value
but i either order online - where they seem to have a full beauty range as per the brands i mentioned above - and collect as i am ambling down my local high street
and go in the car to a larger store 15mins away, where they seem to have most things
incl a nice lady who runs the section and i had some nice service and good advice from her re hero products
and a few gorgoeous free samples too, so i felt proper spoilt

if you mean Alpha H full range not being stocked by stores/retailers,
sure, and QVC are amongst those that stock a ltd range also

I see Overnight Peel as a part of a set just like there's one with Rejuvenating Cream in the same pump jar, three items all for the price of the main product. Hopefully it's in the next TSV, something exciting to look forward to.

Latest posts

Back