Alpha-H TSV 3/1/16

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Somebody mentioned a range similar to Alpha H but cheaper, can anyone remember?

could you mean the Nib +Fab range, from Boots, perhaps
they have glycolic pads and serums
and then there was the Pixi Glow Tonic
a bit more pricey then above
came recommended on here ...

Bravura London

Quite a few years ago this site was recommended by a member on here (sorry I can't remember who it was) and I've been meaning to try their peels should I ever run out of Liquid Gold. I've never run out!

I'd say you should read up on the various peels they're pretty potent.

Thanks folks I think it may of been the L'oreal Revitalist laser night peel available from Boots it has 3% Glycolic acid.

I have decided to sit on my hands this time and haven't risked watching a presentation. I have plenty of LG, I still have some microcleanse and I didn't find the eye gel did anything for me (gatineau gets the nod there). What finally decided me was that I was given the liquid gold mask and anti-aging night cream, along with the melatogenine mask for Christmas and, really, all these glycolic products do the same job in one shape or another. There aren't enough days in the week to use everything anyway, so I will happily enjoy what I have. I love the night cream and it smells wonderful. Also, I used the LG mask and then slept in the melatogenine mask and really saw plumper skin in the morning.

It won't be long till the a-h anniversary shows so will see what pops up then. I think a-h could make their tsv's more interesting. I would rather have more things to try than a supersize LG and a supersize scrub which will last about 3 years if used twice a week. Fans of a-h probably have LG coming out of their ears and old and new customers would like to try a tempting selection of smaller sizes and then repurchase their favourites.

Hi I'm new, I hope you don't mind me butting in.
I'm a cosmetic, skincare & toiletry junkie!!!! I like Alpha-H, Time Bomb & Gatineau for the face - mainly. Kingsley for the hair. Elemis & SBC for the body, waiting for the ABC tsv to try that.
I'm also a fan of Gatineau eye cream - defi lift & I've never found anything else I like, I don't like the alpha-h one at all.
I was tempted by the tsv for the scrub, but I should imagine it's similar to the Time Bomb one & I have a couple of those.
I have lots of liquid gold stashed away!
I'd like to try the alpha-h pore refining mask, I was hoping they'd have a mask in the tsv.

Well I nearly weakened at about 6pm but talked myself out of buying. I still have gallons of LG and plenty of eye products to work through. As much as I loved the Microcleanse I've recently started using this Rodial scrub and really like it, particularly as I got a tube for a tenner (£45 on spacenk). It's available as a trio here, from rodial.co.uk for £29 if anyone fancies it. It's a twice a week scrub, mind you I never used Alpha H's Microcleanse as a daily scrub even though they claim it's gentle enough.

Even though I am new to the brand after the TSV with the giant cleanser and spf eye cream... and I like using it... I didn't buy this TSV or watch the demo. The Liquid Gold is ok but I have not noticed an improvement in my skin. My regular cleanser on its own seems to be enough. I will use up the LG though.

What put me off this TSV was the scrub. A person can exfoliate too much. My skin needs minimal exfoliation and a cloth does the job.

Well I nearly weakened at about 6pm but talked myself out of buying. I still have gallons of LG and plenty of eye products to work through. As much as I loved the Microcleanse I've recently started using this Rodial scrub and really like it, particularly as I got a tube for a tenner (£45 on spacenk). It's available as a trio here, from rodial.co.uk for £29 if anyone fancies it. It's a twice a week scrub, mind you I never used Alpha H's Microcleanse as a daily scrub even though they claim it's gentle enough.
On the tub it says twice a week and in one of the presentations they said to use the Micro Cleanse on the days you don't use the LG. To be honest, I think that would be too much for my dry and sensitive skin, I don't want to overexfoliate, don't forget the Micro Cleanse contains 12%? 10% ? glycolic acid, that's pretty much. By the way, Mrs Hirons says to no not scrub at all.

Last edited:
Quite a few years ago this site was recommended by a member on here (sorry I can't remember who it was) and I've been meaning to try their peels should I ever run out of Liquid Gold. I've never run out!

I would love to try the lactic acid one day! Thanks for posting the name of the company!

I think those ones are going to peel the skin as in make it flake.

I think that their acids need neutralising with bicarbonate of soda after a few minutes so I concluded that it is potent staff.

ps I didn’t buy anything from AH yesterday and am pleased with myself :)

I think that their acids need neutralising with bicarbonate of soda after a few minutes so I concluded that it is potent staff.

ps I didn’t buy anything from AH yesterday and am pleased with myself :)

No, if you have a look at the descriptions of the acids, you will see that they are formulated the way they don't need to be neutralized afterwards, they are just washed off and that's it.

Concerning AH: Congrats! :) Welcome to the club! No TSV for me. And no other products. :)

Does anyone remember "Peel Therapy" a lactic acid based peel from a Canadian company CMI that used to be sold on Ideal World? ( >10 years ago). My skin really liked this and next morning looked and felt wonderful. There were two levels - a normal and a sensitive option.

The danger with beauty ranges on IW is that they often disappear. There was a Swiss brand that I tried as a POTD but then the prices were slashed repeatedly and I suspect the brand left as their pricing structure was being undermined. A similar thing happened with Ariane Poole's range - I snaffled lots of great bits from her range when it was sold off cheap on IW. I wonder whether French QVC viewers are able to order E Grant products from IW?

Ooh just remembered the lady who brought CMI Peel Therapy to IW was called Valerie; she and Shaun seemed to have a good on screen rapport. Shame it didn't last on the channel. There was also an exfoliation range on IW that had a copper (peptide?) ingredient (I think) but I can't remember the name at the mo. It was a slightly faffy range, with about 5 steps per weekly treatment, including cleanser and neutraliser stages. It was quite aggressive but the final moisturiser was lovely. Once again the next morning my face looked and felt great. Once a month was enough for me with that range. So I wonder whether the NIOD range with it's copper ingredient is similar?

I chatted with Tom at the NYNY event a good few years ago about microcleanse and back then they suggested it was gentle enough to use daily but I've never used it that frequently. It's probably wiser for them not to recommend this anymore.

I tried the Peel therapy did not notice a difference.
I only ever use microcleanse a maximum of twice a week.

@Akimbo: French people can buy E. Grant products from QVC.fr, the same as here in Germany where you can also buy this brand only from QVC.de.

I finally dredged up from the darkest recesses of my brain the name of the range I tried a while ago from IW: Dr Jeannette Graf MD. (She's on HSN in the States.)

The products I tried are "Copper Collagen Infusion" which is a 5 minute "mask" that is washed off and the Microdermabrasion System with Lactic & BHAs which consists of a Prep Cleanser with Lactic & BHAs, Creme Peel with Lactic & BHAs, Post Microdermabrasion Rinse with Lactic & BHAs, and the Night Revive Complex (moisturiser with Lactic & BHAs). It was a bit of a rigmarole (took nearly as long typing it out as it did to use the regime!)

Did anyone else try these products?

Latest posts

Back