Alpha-H TSV 04/01/2015

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

A note about the eye gel - I couldn't get the pump to work, so took it apart. It doesn't have a hose down to the bottom of the tube, so it has to be upside down (nozzle down) to work. Works fine if it's nozzle down.

A note about the eye gel - I couldn't get the pump to work, so took it apart. It doesn't have a hose down to the bottom of the tube, so it has to be upside down (nozzle down) to work. Works fine if it's nozzle down.

Don't you mean nozzle up?

The nozzle has to be pointing downwards for it to work smoothly, as there is no hose so no suction. It's gravity fed, basically.

Of course, it may work well whilst it's full, but as you use it up, it'll have to be pointing down for gravity to get it to the nozzlehead and onto your hand. Mine didn't work at all until I tipped it.

It’s meant to be an airless pump that doesn’t require a hose. It works well in a bottle (the eye gel if you have it in a bottle, unscrew it and look inside) but I guess the tub is better off upside down. My SPF50 pump is now less than half full and still going strong and I store it on its side but treat it very gently after people were saying it stops working.

Funny, I was about to reply to this thread a couple of hours at to say I've never had any trouble with any Alpha H pumps, but got distracted.

I just went to open the pump of Essential Hydration Cream that I'd got as part of the OTO set with the daily moisturiser, and would you believe it - as I took the top off the pump dispenser flung into the air along with the spring like a jack in a box! Ohhhhh now the rigmarole of contacting Q and waiting for a new one to be delivered some time next week :mysmilie_51:

Last edited:
Hey Marina I'm not quite sure I understand? I haven't taken anything apart, I simply opened a new one and it sprung open like a jack in a box! :)

Phew, I thought that you opened the bottle to see if it has a hose like I suggested in my previous post.
Just looked at the reviews on this set - people have started saying that the pump is not working, shame.

I looked at my TSV properly today and noticed that LG bottle has a soft silky finish as opposed to glossy plastic previously. It feels kind of soft to the touch and I really like this little change.

I think the liquid gold may be too strong for my skin. Put it on last night and left it on overnight without moisturiser. Skin now flaking off and I am going out tonight.
I suppose I should leave it for at least 3 days and then try it again and put moisturiser on as well

I'm sorry to hear this iloveshopping, this doesn't normally happen with LG. Perhaps your skin was dry and the dead skin cells are being dislodged? Perhaps you can use scrub followed my hydrating moisturiser prior to going out? Hope all goes well for you tonight.

I looked at my TSV properly today and noticed that LG bottle has a soft silky finish as opposed to glossy plastic previously. It feels kind of soft to the touch and I really like this little change.

My set arrived today and when touching the LG bottle, I finally understood why Michelle said that once there, one wants to touch the bottle. Very nice change.:)

I'm sorry to hear this iloveshopping, this doesn't normally happen with LG. Perhaps your skin was dry and the dead skin cells are being dislodged? Perhaps you can use scrub followed my hydrating moisturiser prior to going out? Hope all goes well for you tonight.
Piled on the moisturiser all day, used clarisonic and then picked off some of the dry skin with tweezers. Managed to get the peeling skin off cheeks. Have to be careful picking it off otherwise the skin could bleed. It was dark in the room where I was so probably no one noticed.
Nose still peeling today. I think I will try the liquid gold in a few days and not put it on my nose.

You may want to put it on wet cotton pad to dilute it iloveshopping as Tom suggested for sensitive skin.

I'm the opposite - I went for it without any cotton wool at all last night, as Tom said you can use it directly. I woke up with such smooth, radiant skin - I actually said "Wow" when I looked at myself. I'm hoping this will help my hormonal jawline spots but I'm very happy with it so far.

I also tried to use it neat without a cotton pad but I think that I'm losing the liquid through my fingers so went back to using a cotton pad, never diluted it though.

I also tried to use it neat without a cotton pad but I think that I'm losing the liquid through my fingers so went back to using a cotton pad, never diluted it though.
I also prefer the cotton pad for the same reason.

Latest posts

Back