All through the night!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I wish they'd go back to the item stills set to music...very soothing if one can't sleep...a bit like counting sheep! When I was breast-feeding my DD it was perfect in the wee small hours: enough light to see my way around the bedroom without fully waking up (iykwim) and didn't disturb husband who had work in a few hours. Soothing but not catchy tunes to soothe both of us back to sleep!

Imagine if Edna, on the Q night shift from her bedroom, is moonlighting on a sex chat line and gets the phones mixed up. Bert from Wythenshawe trying to buy a stretchy garden hose at 3am might get more than he bargained for!

:mysmilie_12:

How can they justify showing the NoNo for hours on end. There's only so much a person can take of watching arms and faces being nuked. No no no no no no no noooooooo!

How can they justify showing the NoNo for hours on end. There's only so much a person can take of watching arms and faces being nuked. No no no no no no no noooooooo!

I don't suppose they are really bothered. The challenge for them is to ensure the VT clips they use are for items they've actually got stock of... and showing the correct price, P&P and easy pay / AD options. Once they've done that - they're probably sighing with relief. I bet the repetitiveness is due to this more than anything else.

Yes l agree, and how can they justify 6 hours in a row of sodding Dyson. Maybe they are thinking of people who are insomniacs and kindly believe that putting this sort of stuff on will help their valued customers get some sleep.

I'm an insomniac and I can't think of anything worse than watching repeats of Dyson..Id rather watch paint dry I think.

I once read somewhere that night time was the worst possible time to do internet shopping as we were more susceptible to overspending and then regretting our purchases the following morning. It seems more impulse buys are ordered during night time hours.
As for people doing CS or taking orders from their home, well yep they do. A friend of mine worked for a travel company and she used to log on through a business portal on their website from home, don the telephone headset as well as access internet bookings and she`d work several hours a night taking or dealing with holiday bookings. She said it was a good way to earn some extra money whilst her son was quite young but she was basically tied to her laptop.

I'm an insomniac and I can't think of anything worse than watching repeats of Dyson..Id rather watch paint dry I think.

So would l Turandot. How l wish they would vary things up a bit for those of us who struggle to get to sleep.

It does bother me. It is just unprofessional to have the same thing repeated for 6 hours or so like today's TSV, Dyson. I get up very early and always flick QVC on. It's barely on for a minute nowadays as its constant repeats of the sodding Bodyblade or QVC top ten. I know it will be cheaper for them but surely they can mix things up bit.

It bothers me from the point of view that they just don`t care and will do what they want irrespective of what we want or think!!

IMO not a lot different from the daytime schedules, the same blessed thing over and over and over again with the TSV slotted into every programme despite the fact that it has had its own hour just before and a further hour coming up next.

From someone who watched everything and bought almost everything I now rarely watch or buy - even jewellery day was of no interest to me which is one of the few things I'm still interested in.

If it isn't beauty, it's vacs, Kipling or Eek with the odd "fashion" thrown in.

Actually this forum is always a good gauge of what is being shown on Q, if you look at the threads it has been beauty, beauty, beauty for some time.

Boring beyond words.

He heee!! Agree it does seem rather repetitive these days, I still watch when I can but would love to see more new different brands!!!!! :mysmilie_12:

IMO not a lot different from the daytime schedules, the same blessed thing over and over and over again with the TSV slotted into every programme despite the fact that it has had its own hour just before and a further hour coming up next.

From someone who watched everything and bought almost everything I now rarely watch or buy - even jewellery day was of no interest to me which is one of the few things I'm still interested in.

If it isn't beauty, it's vacs, Kipling or Eek with the odd "fashion" thrown in.

Actually this forum is always a good gauge of what is being shown on Q, if you look at the threads it has been beauty, beauty, beauty for some time.

Boring beyond words.

You`re so right and yesterday I had an eye opener at just how much beauty stuff some people buy. Yes yes before someone jumps on me and says its their money and they can spend it how they like blah blah, I fully agree but I must have been living in the beauty product wasteland or completely naive about just how much stuff some people buy. I was browsing a facebook group and someone asked people to post photos of their storage for makeup and nail products and heavens above, talk about excess. Now I love a nice lippy, perfume, skincare item etc etc as much as the next woman but surely to goodness do some people never know when enough is enough or even use a fraction of what they buy before it either goes off or out of date ?
It was quite an eye opener and it made me realise why Q has become nothing but a big beauty blog !

You`re so right and yesterday I had an eye opener at just how much beauty stuff some people buy. Yes yes before someone jumps on me and says its their money and they can spend it how they like blah blah, I fully agree but I must have been living in the beauty product wasteland or completely naive about just how much stuff some people buy. I was browsing a facebook group and someone asked people to post photos of their storage for makeup and nail products and heavens above, talk about excess. Now I love a nice lippy, perfume, skincare item etc etc as much as the next woman but surely to goodness do some people never know when enough is enough or even use a fraction of what they buy before it either goes off or out of date ?
It was quite an eye opener and it made me realise why Q has become nothing but a big beauty blog !

Why would anyone want to send photos of their storage of make-up, to me that just equates to a waste of money. I like the odd beauty product but I buy Elizabeth Grant from IW, the prices are amazing but more importantly they really work, for example I've just bought on auto delivery Elizabeth Grant foot cream, you'd think at £4.99 for two 100ml with £1.99 p&p it'd be crap, but honestly, hand on heart it's absolutely brilliant, it sinks in leaving my feet feeling and looking good, but an added bonus smelling good due to the smell of camphor. It used to bug me when I threw out my unused beauty products, so yes, my stashing days ended when my QVC account did.

Last edited:
Must be eerie working in a 'massive' call centre at the 'dead of night' with a few working. As to the other poster no it doesn't matter was just curious that was all!

Until recently I used to work nights with half a dozen others in a building that has around 300 people in it during the day. I loved it. It was peaceful and sane instead of noisy and frenetic, we took our breaks when we wanted to instead of having to fit into a rota, there were no queues for the microwaves and no senior management prowling around. Most of all I loved being able to go to work in sweatshirts, jeans and trainers.

This morning it's Cozee Home on a loop.DF talking about buying a huge wearable blanket/cape for a present especially good for tall people. I switched over.

My experience of working nights is in a nursing home .Years ago I was a home help and worked nights sometimes to earn extra money. This was way before tax credits .

In theory you are supposed to have little to do but in practice a home full of elderly residents with memory problems is very busy if you are doing the work correctly and staff are fewer at night.It was an experience .

Last edited:
This morning it's Cozee Home on a loop.DF talking about buying a huge wearable blanket/cape for a present especially good for tall people. I switched over.

My experience of working nights is in a nursing home .Years ago I was a home help and worked nights sometimes to earn extra money. This was way before tax credits .

In theory you are supposed to have little to do but in practice a home full of elderly residents with memory problems is very busy if you are doing the work correctly and staff are fewer at night.It was an experience .

My mum is 90 and lives in a lovely care home. All the carers have my utmost admiration for doing an incredibly difficult and strenuous job, and as far as I can tell the night staff work just as hard as the day staff.

I can't stand DF, but she's right about the Cozee Home plush wraps. I have two of the short ones and one of the long ones (yes, I'm tall!), and they're fabulous for cold winter days and evenings. Much prefer them to the Slanket, they're lightweight but really snuggly and warm, and you can easily stand up and walk around in them, unlike the Slanket.

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_507: I couldn't help contrasting the "money's no object, buy everything" image they seem to promote during daytime hours with the mind picture conjured up by your post - hilarious!
:mysmilie_17: Or slouching in their tracky bottoms and stained t-shirt with a bottle of brown ale, quickly stumping out their ciggy as the phone rings :mysmilie_17:

Respect to you, Turandot. Both difficult and demanding jobs that many of us would struggle to cope with, whether home helping or in a nursing home - and very underpaid IMO.

Last edited:
its odd looking at excess. hundreds of eyeshadows, zillions of candles. thats the homeshopping bonanza shopping spree. try and resell the stuff and see how much its devalued overnight

:mysmilie_483::mysmilie_507: I couldn't help contrasting the "money's no object, buy everything" image they seem to promote during daytime hours with the mind picture conjured up by your post - hilarious!

That's true H, it's all champagne and caviar of a day, cola and fish fingers at night. :mysmilie_17:

Latest posts

Back