Alison Young on BECCA show

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Good grief how much highlighter has Alison Young got on tonight. She has been really heavy handed with the shimmer brick or whatever she has decided to use. It's bad even by her standard!

I was just writing the exact same thing just now lol....

Cannot stop being drawn towards her shiny white stripes :mysmilie_15:

Yes I noticed the same,for a resident beauty expert she has no idea about applying makeup
Lynn

The 3 piece shimmering kit is on and AY just said she used the white on her cheeks!,,, then the guest just said that you cannot overdo it with these!, huh!, has she LOOKED at AY..

She just looks ridiculous. I would love to know exactly what she has used - so I never order it. I really love my highlighters but tonight she is a good reminder of how not to use it. 'Resident Beauty Expert' - in which universe?

The 3 piece shimmering kit is on and AY just said she used the white on her cheeks!,,, then the guest just said that you cannot overdo it with these!, huh!, has she LOOKED at AY..

Oh I love it. What a laugh! AY looks like she has plastered a whole tube on. Very overdone.

Or said another way, "You cannot overdo it with these or you'll look like this clown standing near me, so be very, very sparing."

It's so bad it almost looks like a bruise that's been smothered in highlighter. I had to teach myself to use makeup and I find little is better than too much.

She doesn't do well with eyeliner either. I was fascinated with the harsh black around her eyes clashing with the mirror-like shine on her cheeks. OH reckons she's auditioning as Data's love-interest in the new Star Trek Next Generation film.

Attachments

• images.jpeg
    images.jpeg
    2.5 KB · Views: 124
  • images (1).jpeg
    images (1).jpeg
    4.1 KB · Views: 124
She doesn't do well with eyeliner either. I was fascinated with the harsh black around her eyes clashing with the mirror-like shine on her cheeks. OH reckons she's auditioning as Data's love-interest in the new Star Trek Next Generation film.

Her eyes are like Saturn - the rings around them!

I didn't see the show but, Old Alison is famous for her tin man shimmer look. I own the white one from Becca, and mix a tiny bit in with my foundation. It gives a lovely soft luminously to the skin.

So do the presenters not get their make-up done for them? Do they do it themselves?

They do their own make up, unless they are selling a make up brand and have the brand's make up artists. One of the US guests (not beauty) mentioned the other day that they did their own make up at QVC UK, sorry I can't remember who it was.

Alison tends to do her own face (she's a make up artist don't you know!). She always looked miles better when smashbox made her up, but then she'd go straight back to her usual "look".

I too think they do their own make up unless there is an actual make up artist doing a TSV and therefore at a loose end between shows!

The one thing I would like to know is how they do their fake tans. Give them due it all looks good, no streaks or bits around the nails etc. When there are close ups in other jewellery channels it shows up some awful fake tans.

In so saying I am not great at it myself (only do it for holidays so dont get much practice, thats my excuse) but I do have to say that Q presenters can be proud of closeups in that respect - now if only they could get a muzzle that fits them all.

Fake tans just take practice once you've found a product that suits you, and lots of exfoliation before and after. I agree about the jewellery ladies with their orange cuticles, surely they could get a spray tan on their salaries?

Would anyone seriously hire Alison Young to do their make up? Imagine if they auctioned an AY Make up session for Breast Cancer Care night and no one bid? Or bid less than they did for the DQ crown (sorry to open old wounds Stratobuddy :mysmilie_50: )

Her dress was a hideous colour - like a tangerine or a Christmas clementine! Too strong and acidic. She should wear lighter shades - maybe white or cream, accessorise with a scarf and a brooch and tone down on the brownface make-up. See even I know this and I haven't done a course in fashion or make-up. It's just common sense!

Latest posts

Back