Alison Young - Is she ill?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Caught a bit of the TSV presentation last night.

She said she had been using it, and the floor manager told her people had commented how well she has been looking lately.

So one person says she looks ill, and others comment its her thyroid problem(I have thyroid problem over but going under so borderline, I don't have bags under my eyes and I am older than AY. I have the sense not to go for black eyeliner or nuts with the shimmer highlighter), yet she is insisting everyone at QVC thinks she looks great.

She does look better facially this morning with her hair off her face and not so much cake on her face but the stripes make her look like a Prop Forward. She need some help in the wardrobe department IMO.

I'm not convinced it's the Tria that's fixed her eye bags so quickly, she had them earlier this week but her hair looked good on the Taya shows, with more texture in her hair, lifted off her face rather than curved under her chin. :mysmilie_59:

http://www.qvcuk.com/Taya-3-Piece-C...ct.207236.html?cm_sp=VIEWPOSITION-_--_-207236 there's a video on this Taya item (still at the OTO price too)

I've had a gippy thyroid for 10 years, (bleeding nodes apparently but hormones mostly within the UK accepted norms) but it's the least of my health worries (again not dissing what other people are going through).

To me, on the TSV launch, she looked as though they were using a honey light (as Liz Earle and Tova insist on), unless she's been sitting with cold teaspoons on her eyes since Tuesday. :mysmilie_11:

Old Mother Noblett?

I'm watching her this morning and to me she looks better than I've seen her look. She looks to have lost a bit of weight which helps her look younger, her make up is slightly more natural and certainly less shiny. I've always liked stripes too so approve of the striped dress.

Bah! Humbug!

She looked a bit like an Everton mint!

Sun damage yes, natural aging no. Everyone no matter who you are will go through natural aging

Heya Donna, Yes you are right, but the natural ageing is minimal. It's really the sun that does the worst. Take a look at the skin on the underside of your arm, then compare it to the skin on the back of your hand. You will see what I mean! I'm in my early 30s now and look about 22 because of SPFs so I love them! SPFs are great! I don't really use much other than SPFs. Sometimes I use Liz Earle skin repair light (strange for a bloke but y dermatologist recommended it and it really works) and a cucumber eye gel that comes in a pen-like stick with a stainless steel roller. And that's it!

Ye gods, if at 30 people are worried and using antiaging products what chance us there for decrepit old foggies like me?

Whilst I agree that keeping out of extreme weather conditions (wind and sun) plays a big part lot of it is down to genes.

Ye gods, if at 30 people are worried and using antiaging products what chance us there for decrepit old foggies like me?

Whilst I agree that keeping out of extreme weather conditions (wind and sun) plays a big part lot of it is down to genes.

Look at the anti aging ads most are using 20 year old models, or celebs who are airbrushed into nothing like themselves.

Just caught a glimpse of AY, hm... where have the eye bags gone?
I wonder if she is wearing one of the upcoming beauty makeup TSV.

I'm not convinced it's the Tria that's fixed her eye bags so quickly, she had them earlier this week but her hair looked good on the Taya shows, with more texture in her hair, lifted off her face rather than curved under her chin.

I saw that show and she really did look SO much better with her hair blown backwards, all light and flicky. Much younger and healthier looking and not so yellow either. Unless you have a perfect looking face, I've always found that having the curled under hair cupping face style Ali sports most is not flattering. It seems to drag the face down , at least it always does with me. I look much more healthy if my hair it more airy and flipped out (technical term ;-))

She has so much to test all the time, I suppose when her skin is looking worse, it could be because she's testing something rubbish that doesn't work and hence won't make it live to air. But when it improves maybe she is giving her skin a break and using something she knows does work. She uses her face as a human guinea pig for us so I expect she gets some nasty side effects sometimes, like we do. Not fun with extremely bright harsh lights glowing on your face and close up shots. Rather her than me.

She looked great on the Lalique show but she seems to have lashed on the eyeliner and red lips - back to square one. Au natrel is definitely better on her.

I almost choked on my own scorn a moment ago!! She said that at times they had had to take beauty guests into the back room and point out that they had had work done - and they were supposed to be representing the brand!!

Err, LULU??? That woman from Doll 10?!Mind you, that's cosmetics rather than skincare. Has Judith had work done? That Dr Perricone woman?? Is she real?! Or is it selective?!! :mysmilie_10:

Judith keeps saying she's had no work done
ps And I can see that AY is in no hurry to fix her teeth and it's been ages now

Judith keeps saying she's had no work done
ps And I can see that AY is in no hurry to fix her teeth and it's been ages now

So does Lulu :mysmilie_17: I always think how smooth and unlined Judith's skin is. Maybe it's her products. Same for Kathy Kangas.

Not for one minute do I think AY martyrs herself by testing every single skincare item Q sells. Maybe on the back of her hand ...
The bottom line is she`s middle aged with a middle aged face and just like the rest of us she maybe doesn`t sleep enough, now and again perhaps eats and drinks too much and genes are kinder to some people as they age, than they are to others. Yup she might suffer health problems as many of us do but any good beauty expert would tell her that less is more as you grow older and certain makeup products are either a no no or only a light handed touch ie highlighter. So it seems to me that Q`s beauty expert needs to see a real beauty expert and also a personal shopper and a good hairdresser. Before there are any " well I bet you`re no raving beauty yourself etc " comments, well nope I`m not and nor do I claim to be but nor to I stand on TV telling other people what they should or shouldn`t buy/use/apply on their faces and nor do i claim to be an "expert" when as the saying goes " the face can`t lie !".

Alison Young has long looked like a frog that's been inflated with a bicycle pump in her face area for yew!

omg! Alison on the Gatineau (9pm show right now)! I kid you not! :mysmilie_12:

Attachments

• Barbara-Cartland.jpg
    Barbara-Cartland.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 159
We all get into a rut with makeup, the trouble is Alison refuses to step away from the thick black eyeliner and 50 shades of highlighter. No idea if she thinks it makes her look on trend and younger, sweetie you are nearly 50 step away from it. I think Doris from Doll10 did her face on Saturday and it was soft and natural, very pretty. Then bang come Sunday Alison was doing her own thing and it was back to square one.

Recently I have stepped outside my comfort zone, usually I wear soft brownish nudes and cannot wear red. But the new NARS lipsticks I tried Vera a bright raspberry shade and looked amazing in it. First thing I do is check my teeth, do they look yellow, no I did not. Then comments on how the colour made my eyes bright blue and lifted my skin(not literally of course), so I was pushed outside my comfort zone. I would not have done that on my own but the make up artist made the suggestion. This is what Alison needs a push to try the soft natural look again.

Latest posts

Back