Alison Young At It Again!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Like I said my lovely, my opinion is just my opinion, whether I express it or not I don't expect anything to happen as a result of my opinion.

There are always consequences, but they won't be a direct result of me holding an opinion. :wink:

Well no actually that's *not* my opinion at all....! :giggle:

I do have issue with that. :blush: :nod::grin:

If it's ok for people to vociferously object to certain actions they consider to be out of order...

Then it's also ok for people to vociferously object to those opinions.

What's good for the goose is also good for the gander and all that. :rock:

That's just logical isn't it?

"Play nice" only works when it applies to everybody, and it doesn't.

Unfortunately when emotions run high, people's posting styles sometimes come across as rude, aggressive or confrontational which tends to attract a similar response, and it all kicks off from there.

Discuss away my lovely, but the only person whose behaviour you can control is your own. :nod::flower:

If we all think about that logically, I'm probably not the only person who needs to consider that, yes?

Maybe the people who very vocally described threads they didn't like as "pathetic" and who advised fellow forumites to "go complain to QVC if they felt so strongly", need to take that on board.

As you rightly say: what's sauce for the goose etc.

You can't have it both ways, dearie :clapping:

I know I keep saying this, I didn't see the incident, didn't see how "playful" the slap was, how hard it was, or in what context it was...but I really don't think it's very professional as it doesn't send out a very good impression to the viewers. From what I've seen of AY on screen, obviously, I don't know her see comes across as having a very overpowering personality, regularly interrupting the guests, shouting them down. Whether she's a friend of this Lee is beside the point, getting a slap in the chops in front of other people is belittling.

I hope that QVC at least have a word with her regarding her exhuberant behaviour on screen, if they do, we're not going to know about it, all we can hope is that she takes this on board and acts a bit more "professionally" in front of the camera.

If we all think about that logically, I'm probably not the only person who needs to consider that, yes?

You are the main culprit here, yes. People keep telling you that you're being aggressive and rude and you're taking no notice or perhaps you don't even realise you're doing it. Every disagreement voiced towards you results in another immediate confrontational post - are you simply not aware of this? It makes for uncomfortable reading. You seem very angry indeed. I think you're rather spoiling things here.

Yes, we can see you feel very strongly about this subject and for good reason. To be honest, I agree with you. I was up v. early this morning and QVC repeated the "slapping" incident: it made me wince.

Some, however, don't agree with your point of view. No doubt I'll get an immediate rude response from you but there you go.

I was awake in the wee small hours and I actually saw the incident, having Sky+ I rewound and rewatched several times! I've said to people in play "ooh I'll slap the backs of your legs", but NEVER carried it out and I've tapped people's hands, but a slap round the chops I would have to be past furious to even attempt. The slap was audible so not pulled in any way, the guest laughed, but rubbed her cheek, I wouldn't like to have been on the receiving end of it!

I can not believe that given the complaints on here, facebook and complaints made directly to them that they see fit to repeat the show.
Surely the show and complaints are in the process of being looked into, so shouldn't be repeated for the time being.
I find that completely without morals that their customers and viewing public find something wrong but yet they find the possible sales from the show too good too miss.
I don't know why I'm surprised that the show has not been pulled till looked into, it's not the first time they have repeated material they most certainly should not have shown.
I think most of you will recall the repeat of a craft program, now that's far too shocking for words.

Maybe the people who very vocally described threads they didn't like as "pathetic" and who advised fellow forumites to "go complain to QVC if they felt so strongly", need to take that on board.

As you rightly say: what's sauce for the goose etc.

You can't have it both ways, dearie :clapping:

Is it me my lovely, or are disagreeing with me about things I haven't said? :grin:

The slapping video is back if you missed it - follow the link posted much earlier in this thread.

I'd like to mention the victims' reactions: Alexis, di Cesare and Leigh were clearly taken aback but reigned in their reaction, I think, because they were on air. AY should learn that this is the professional thing to do; I don't think she "gets" this and maybe thinks that because they seem to take in good humour that it's ok and they're not bothered. I think it needs to be spelled out to her that it's not accepable behaviour.

Jude xx

You are the main culprit here, yes. People keep telling you that you're being aggressive and rude and you're taking no notice or perhaps you don't even realise you're doing it. Every disagreement voiced towards you results in another immediate confrontational post - are you simply not aware of this? It makes for uncomfortable reading. You seem very angry indeed. I think you're rather spoiling things here.

Yes, we can see you feel very strongly about this subject and for good reason. To be honest, I agree with you. I was up v. early this morning and QVC repeated the "slapping" incident: it made me wince.

Some, however, don't agree with your point of view. No doubt I'll get an immediate rude response from you but there you go.

I know I am probably starting to sound like a broken record but the personal attacks need to stop. We are happy for the discussion to continue but there is no need to attack other forum members.

Thinking about it perhaps QVC are letting those who don't agree that they have no problem with what happened.
Seeing fit to repeat the show during the night and now allowing the video to be featured to sell the product.
Really bad with the feeling about it.

alison is exuberant and lively. maybe its not really a thoughtfull thing to do but it was alisons bit of banter using her hands.

sj looked really peeved though not lee. i really dont think that alison was doing it to cause an injury to lee she just gets a bit carried away.

maybe we should have a virtual slapping icon.

maybe not.....

I have now seen it, it must have been temporarily pulled whilst they investigated this. To return the clip in my mind is QVC's way of telling us, yes we've seen it,and we stand by Alison Young. (They might have had a quiet word with her and asked her not to "strike" anyone else on screen again.....but we're never going to find out whether that happened)

Now I HAVE actually seen the clip, I'll say it is worse than I expected it would be, first she threatened to give her a slap,after treating the poor woman with sarcasm and comtempt because she likes to keep herself in trim, then actually leant across the model and did it, and then seemed really ****** proud of herself afterwards. Wouldn't have been so bad if she'd seemed embarrassed and said.."OMG! Sorry, I didn't mean to whack you that hard!"

I know there's nothing we can do about it, and can only hope that despite QVC seemingly standing by her, that she has been given some kind of reprimand, so that we don't have to witness her treating guest presenters or anyone for that matter in such an unacceptable and unpleasant way.

I've never been a great fan of AY before this, all I can say know is I like her even less.

Well done to Qvc for putting the clip back up and thus showing all's well in AK land! It's good to see sense prevailing :flower:

Worrying on a few points:
Alison clearly say's she is going to slap Lee.
Should someone in her ear have said ALISON NO right away ?
She hit her with a ring on her finger so runs the risk of hurting far more.
When Lee says it hurt Alison replies that it didn't and it was a Barbara Windsor slap.
Then she covers her mouth and speaks to the camera saying that it was quite hard.
Then says sorry to Lee and when Lee says she is being bullied Alison agrees.

one of qvc's new slogan is selling with entertainment. maybe the punters dont mind a bit of horseplay.

alison is exuberant and lively. maybe its not really a thoughtfull thing to do but it was alisons bit of banter using her hands.

sj looked really peeved though not lee. i really dont think that alison was doing it to cause an injury to lee she just gets a bit carried away.
I'm not in the least bit surprised you find it acceptable behaviour. :rolleyes:

Now I HAVE actually seen the clip, I'll say it is worse than I expected it would be, first she threatened to give her a slap,after treating the poor woman with sarcasm and comtempt because she likes to keep herself in trim, then actually leant across the model and did it, and then seemed really ****** proud of herself afterwards. Wouldn't have been so bad if she'd seemed embarrassed and said.."OMG! Sorry, I didn't mean to whack you that hard!"

I know there's nothing we can do about it, and can only hope that despite QVC seemingly standing by her, that she has been given some kind of reprimand, so that we don't have to witness her treating guest presenters or anyone for that matter in such an unacceptable and unpleasant way.

I've never been a great fan of AY before this, all I can say know is I like her even less.
AY as no room to talk about another person's appearance, in that show she looked like a sack of spuds. :rolleyes: Sadly I am sure QVC will stand by her over this because she's done it before and it's obvious they turn a blind eye to her obnoxious behaviour, and also to her poor presenting. They have allowed this awful woman to have a stranglehold on the beauty shows and imho are afraid to replace her because of the sales figures the shows produce although I bet many of the brand guest presenters could do just as well, and probably better. QVC would be wise not to get too complacent as there are more and more online retailers appearing all the time who offer better value.

I do hope Gobby has been reprimanded over this incident (and all the others) and it will be interesting to see if she keeps her hands to herself in future :emo:

Latest posts

Back