Alison so called resident beauty expert.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
Have been with QVC from the start and thee majority of my orders are beauty products sadly this is spoiled everytime AY is presenting,she is so rude to guests never letting them talk about their products especially as soon as someone says let me give you a tip she starts talking over them,why has she not been told about this,on another note I tune in to listen about beauty and not her hatred of babies and how many times she has been horseriding that week,and why are the other presenters afraid of her especially if they have dared to sit in the sun,we all do not want to be milkbottle white like her,lets have a brand new beauty presenter that lets guests do the talking.
Lynn

Here here Lyn I totally agree with you. x

Have been with QVC from the start and thee majority of my orders are beauty products sadly this is spoiled everytime AY is presenting,she is so rude to guests never letting them talk about their products especially as soon as someone says let me give you a tip she starts talking over them,why has she not been told about this,on another note I tune in to listen about beauty and not her hatred of babies and how many times she has been horseriding that week,and why are the other presenters afraid of her especially if they have dared to sit in the sun,we all do not want to be milkbottle white like her,lets have a brand new beauty presenter that lets guests do the talking.
Lynn

Lynn

LYNN: how DARE you criticise St Alison of the Panda Eyes! *clutches at pearls and faints*

Don't you know that this forum is only to do with shopping telly, which obviously doesn't mean sharing your opinion of a presenter's on-air sales techniques!

I'm now off to Facebook to tell all my "angelic" friends how mean you all are for singling out this poor highly-paid person who voluntarily chose to put herself in the public eye and decided to share lots of private info in order to get us to buy from her; that doesn't mean she's open to criticism! We should all be grateful that Ms Young chooses to share her billions of years of valuable beauty knowledge with us poor unwashed *tugs forlock*

So there! :devil:

:wave: Welcome to the forum Lynn.

A lot of us agree with you on the subject of Allison and her constant yapping and basically being rude and talking over guests who are there to explain and sell their products. Last nights' TSV launch was a perfect example of her bad manners. Not everyone agrees of course!!

I really enjoyed the Judith Williams shows today with Jilly and Debbie G, they let Judith talk about her products without butting in every few seconds.

Lynn

In that case can we please have Julia Roberts told not to keep on going on about football and her daughter and her in jokes with Simon whatsit etc etc etc
Tell Pipa to stop talking about anything other than the item she is showing and stop the texts about said inane babble
Tell Claire to stop mentioning her children at every opportunity etc
They are all guilty not just Alison.

In that case can we please have Julia Roberts told not to keep on going on about football and her daughter and her in jokes with Simon whatsit etc etc etc
Tell Pipa to stop talking about anything other than the item she is showing and stop the texts about said inane babble
Tell Claire to stop mentioning her children at every opportunity etc
They are all guilty not just Alison.

Yes but the others do not cut guests off in mid sentence explaining their own products.

Did anyone see the time Alison slapped SJ from Bare Essentuals across the face? It was a heck of a slap and I fully expected SJ to slap her back.

I think Alison should have been sacked for this actually because if presenters can do this in the public eye then it is no wonder anarchy is becoming the norm in our society.

Did anyone see the time Alison slapped SJ from Bare Essentuals across the face? It was a heck of a slap and I fully expected SJ to slap her back.

I think Alison should have been sacked for this actually because if presenters can do this in the public eye then it is no wonder anarchy is becoming the norm in our society.

I didn't see it and I can't even imagine it, because it seems such an outrageous and extreme thing to do. What was the context or reason for the slap and how did they both behave afterwards? What was said? To be honest I wish I had seen it, even though it was such an appalling thing to do, because I am so curious as to the atmosphere on air before and after the slap. Did Alison apologise, either at the time or later?

She actually pulled Mallys hair once as if she was holding on to a horses tail,it is beyond me why she still has a presenting job,no doubt she will be on a lot over the weekend telling guests all about their products. I really enjoyed the Judith Williams shows yesterday when it was other presenters.
Would also like to add that Ali Keenan is the best and most proffesionel presenter qvc has and hopefully after her treatment she will return.
Lynn

I didn't see it and I can't even imagine it, because it seems such an outrageous and extreme thing to do. What was the context or reason for the slap and how did they both behave afterwards? What was said? To be honest I wish I had seen it, even though it was such an appalling thing to do, because I am so curious as to the atmosphere on air before and after the slap. Did Alison apologise, either at the time or later?

No she did not & never has apologised & neither has QVC. This was thrashed to death on here. I can't remember why it happened now but it was unprovoked by CJ & she was clealry shocked but carried on regardless. It happened as well when children would have been watching as around tea time. Quite disgraceful behaviour.

Actually she has slapped quite a few people. Alexis from L'Occitane got a right wallop which caused a few here to write and complain.

If she ever raised her hand to me, I'd break her f**king neck.:wonder:

Wasn't the slap directed at Alexis from L'Occitane, when she was pregnant? Perhaps I'm just not remembering correctly, buy AY can be somewhat over exuberant with her behaviour and humour. I don't think there's any malice in there. I've come across people like this before and, in their mind, it's funny but it doesn't look that way to the rest of us.

Alison so called resident beauty expert

I shall always be eternally grateful to Alison for giving me the benefit of her 25 years experience in the beauty industry and telling me how important it is to put the tops back on my beauty products to stop them drying out. How on earth did I ever manage without the benefit of this useful advice!

On a serious note, in the early days, before she became over confident, she did stop me using soap on my face, and that was genuinely good advice.

I would probably buy more from beauty if AY wasn't there.She puts me off all the shows.

I don't know whether her manner is the true alison - a front for shyness - or just for fun.I can never work it out.

I do find her very opinionated which I find very wrong.Shes not amongst friends - she doesn't know who is watching and what they're going through.

I work with infants and to myself,I possibly have lots of views on their families,their backgrounds,their parents parenting choices...............but its not professional to broadcast it.AY must see herself as more of a professional.

I was looking forward to the Gatineau shows on sunday until I saw that the afternoon shows are with Jill Franks and the launch and evening shows are with Alison.we will have to go through the whole charade of JF saying everything is amazing and the farce that is Alison with Andre:yawn:

what Lee slapped SJ lol

I never saw it, I'd v+d the show but missed that bit.

AY slapped Lee not SJ.
If you click the link and read though the posts on the thread, it should put you in the picture also what's happened with other guests/models.

Latest posts

Back