Alison Keenan's Tan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

I too am a mlk bottle. No matter what I do it's red bed and back to pale again! Don't like fake tan either as I look quite odd. Pale and interesting! That's me

I am the only person who comes back from hols whiter than I went!

I use a bit of fake tan going just to take the bad look off for wearing strappy tops and sundresses, use factor 50 and stay in the shade as much as possible and at the end of a week it has all washed off!

I'm the same! I put fake tan on to go and then sit under the umbrella with factor 50 on. By the end of my holiday the fake tan has worn off and I'm back to my usual white self. It's a standing joke that I'm the whitest person on the plane coming home!

I tan quite easily, but also burn quite easily if I don't take care. I do go in the sun a little bit, but always looking like Caspar the Friendly Ghost with my factor 50+ slapped on.

One thing that annoys me with all the demonstrations of how factor 50 isn't ghostly that they put a little dab on and rub it in... it's not the way to put on your sunscreen people... you need a good thick layer not rubbed into the skin, according to the instructions I've read.

I've got friends younger than me that love to tan, and didn't take care with the suncreams... I shudder at the extent of the visible skin damage I can see on their faces. It's their life, and their choices. Once you've explained the importance of high-factor sunscreen if you are going in the sun, what else can you do?

Someone complimented me on my lovely tan the other day!!!! It was down to Tan Luxe TSV! I thought it was OK but not great so was rather pleased. I have finished the bottle now though and am saving the AD one for next year.

I've lost 2 friends to melanoma skin cancer. For several years now I've protected my skin and don't 'sunbathe'. I pick up a bit of natural colour from gardening but always through spf30. I prefer the pale look - I'm very fair/pale with dark hair and eyes and just do not suit a tan.

I think that really dark tan is old fashioned - it's hey day was in the 1990's.

I can`t physically lie/sit out in the sun it makes me feel sick and I get headaches so its a good job I don`t crave a tan and I don`t think I`d be any good at applying a fake tan either especially on my face I`d be afraid in case it went wrong!! When I do have to go out in it I end up with a red forehead nose and chin ...not a good look !! Although I had dark brown hair I had a fair complexion so just go red then peel!! I think some get addicted to it whether its real of fake and they lose the ability to really see how they look ..... hence the unnatural bad look !

As I said in a previous post, she looks like the lady who runs our corner shop so magnificently. I don't personally like it, nor do I think it particularly suits her but to try to be fair maybe it's a reaction to being so horribly ill - perhaps she associates a deep tan with being healthy and maybe a little younger, and that's why she clings onto it.

Her tan is not exactly hurting me, nor deeply offending me. It just looks a bit OTT.

As I said in a previous post, she looks like the lady who runs our corner shop so magnificently. I don't personally like it, nor do I think it particularly suits her but to try to be fair maybe it's a reaction to being so horribly ill - perhaps she associates a deep tan with being healthy and maybe a little younger, and that's why she clings onto it.

Her tan is not exactly hurting me, nor deeply offending me. It just looks a bit OTT.

I think this says it all. Great post :mysmilie_59:

I always use sun protection but I have the kind of skin that tans in a heartbeat and I think I've burnt two or three times in my life and on both occasions it's from not applying lotion properly.

I don't sunbathe here in the UK ever but in holiday I would sit in the sun for about 30/40 minutes in the morning and then again in the afternoon but I'll still be very dark. I get to the point where I think I'm dark enough and start avoiding the sun altogether. I never use fake tan.

But I've had one of those photo screening things and my skin is less damaged than average for my age, largely because I don't ever burn.

Latest posts

Back