Alison Keenan's Tan

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
I have clicked over onto the Molton Brown show and have almost had to put my sunglasses on as I am so dazzled my Ali Keenan's bright orange tan and matching dress. Can she really think such a leathery orange tan actually looks nice?

I seen her the other day, they'll probably bring a Lulu Guinness bag out in that colour, it'll be called "Tanorange Hyde"

It's such a shame... the tan is excessive, and detracts from her appearance as a presenter, and therefore distracts from the products she is supposed to be selling.

If any of us was ever in doubt about how unattractive such a deep tan can be, that doubt is gone.

I know it gives her pleasure to go on hot sunny holidays and sunbathe, and after her health journey, she probably thinks "life is short, so do what you love with the people you love"... but it doesn't stop it being distracting and disturbing for viewers.

It's such a shame... the tan is excessive, and detracts from her appearance as a presenter, and therefore distracts from the products she is supposed to be selling.

If any of us was ever in doubt about how unattractive such a deep tan can be, that doubt is gone.

I know it gives her pleasure to go on hot sunny holidays and sunbathe, and after her health journey, she probably thinks "life is short, so do what you love with the people you love"... but it doesn't stop it being distracting and disturbing for viewers.

She may think what the heck, life's too short I'll burn my skin to a crisp but if she carries on that way, she'll make it even shorter, she should stop being so selfish and think of her family if not her self.

She looks so much more attractive and younger without the tan.......maybe she lies us to know she's been on her holibobs

i think its just a little bit chavvy to fake tan sorry..a nice safe tan from your holidays is nice but that ooompa loompa orange faux tan looks well false

I agree about the distraction from the product sell; but I fear we may be in the minority. When I remarked about Chuntleys constant hair change being a distraction, most said it didn't bother them, so Ali's orange hue may bring the same reaction.

I agree about the distraction from the product sell; but I fear we may be in the minority. When I remarked about Chuntleys constant hair change being a distraction, most said it didn't bother them, so Ali's orange hue may bring the same reaction.

For me, knowing of her medical tribulations, I cannot help but feel concerned. With Catherine Huntley, personally, I don't find it at all distracting because there is nothing inherently risky for her health in the hair dyeing... she may need a wig if she damages her hair... but then frankly she might be better off using wigs to get different looks all the time.

She looked particularly burnished at the TSV launch with Simon Brown ,and quite sweaty making the tan very shiny .the fan was on full blast .i don't think the lighting did her any favours.It looked very hot in the studio.

I too prefer her without the deep tan ,its ageing. I long ago gave up tanning of any sort ,apart from the odd bit of fake on the legs if its a special occasion.

I wondered if some of the presenters have been topping up with the faux tan, Jilly Halliday and JF looked over cooked last time I saw them. The guy that service my boiler goes to Disney world every year, himself and his wife ...he says they just lie on the sunbeds for two weeks, it takes all sorts.

I wondered if some of the presenters have been topping up with the faux tan, Jilly Halliday and JF looked over cooked last time I saw them. The guy that service my boiler goes to Disney world every year, himself and his wife ...he says they just lie on the sunbeds for two weeks, it takes all sorts.

Yes I went on holiday to Cyprus many years ago with a work colleague and she literally laid in the full sun all day long for two weeks ,she was obsessed with getting a tan .If i did hang about the pool I stayed under an umberella and also went off on my own to the local historical sights. I kept covered up most of the time and still tanned a bit.

I often wonder what state her skin is in now .

i think its just a little bit chavvy to fake tan sorry..a nice safe tan from your holidays is nice but that ooompa loompa orange faux tan looks well false

A faux tan is always much safer than a sun tan.

Real tan or fake tan, either way, some people just look more aged and AK is one of them. When skin is older then the supposed golden glow resembles more of a Cuprinol weather proofing. It just accentuates the lack of elasticity in her skin and her already narrow lips disappear into her face.

I am the only person who comes back from hols whiter than I went!

I use a bit of fake tan going just to take the bad look off for wearing strappy tops and sundresses, use factor 50 and stay in the shade as much as possible and at the end of a week it has all washed off!

Good for you. I don't like heavy tans - though people admire them on others.
I think Alison was amazingly brave and upbeat during her cancer treatment and she had some horrible set backs. I think it was admirable that she did a blog on the Breast Cancer Care forum - I bet she helped a lot of people.
It is good to see her back on screen again and having grown back her signature blonde curly hair. I do worry about the tanning though as it is known to have cancer risks and does make her look older.

I saw part of the Molton Brown show. Ali said she would have to start using her fake tan soon as her colour would be fading. So its real and no fake tan has been used yet. It seems to be her style, but her skin must be screaming stop.

I am the only person who comes back from hols whiter than I went!

Nope, that's me as well. In fact my legs are actually blue and they "tan" to a nice white. I have pure white skin, reddish hair and freckles etc, never tan. A nice pale golden would be nice but it won't happen. Alison looks old with that leathery brown skin but hey, that's her choice.

CC

I really dislike being in the Sun even though my skin easily tans. Mr Vienna bakes himself on a sunbed but I find a shady spot and usually add one of the big sun brollies too and I`m quite content to return home the same colour as I went. Of course it usually means he and I are sitting on opposite sides of the pool or sun terrace, him in the Sun, me in the shade but seeing as he usually nods off and then snores, it also means I can pretend I don`t know him lol.

My rosacea hates the sun, I break out.

As teenager I went to Canada middle of summer to visit my big brother. I came back the same colour I left, people asked where I had been and totally shocked I had no tan.

Of course this is the reason why we all have wonderful skin and look 20 years younger and not a turkey neck/chest in sight:mysmilie_11:

Latest posts

Back