Alison ( I Live on a farm) Young

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

lynnonthelake

Registered Shopper
Once again a beauty hour with Bobbi brown was spoiled for me because of AY presenting it,why has she not been told about her rudeness to guests,always talking over them and interupting when they are about to give us tips on application,have tried recording shows before and fast forward when she opens her mouth,sadly not left with much of a show to watch.I cannot believe how she has managed to get away with this for god knows how many years. We need a new beauty expert who actually lets the guests tell us about the products.Also why keep calling somethings Serious Skincare just to try and justify the price.
Lynn:sad:

I just can't watch her anymore because of her constant interruptions. Like you, I'm totally amazed that she hasn't been told to stop it, both in her earpiece during the shows and when she comes off air. I do feel that she has got worse over recent years too as I really don't recollect her being so bad in the early days.

Ah, Alison Yell aka as "Shut that woman up!" by Himself.

I can often her her sweet refrain from a different room.
A definite turn off for me, but sadly we are seeing far too much of her lately as Q try to draw punters in with £40.00 ono treats.

I can't watch any more either, she's a total turn-off, and OH can't stay in the room if she's on! I'm sure she didn't used to be this bad in years gone by but she's virtually unwatchable now.

I don't mind AY. There are hardly any new beauty products these days so it doesn't matter if I turn the sound down because there is nothing worth hearing about anyway.

Agree beauty items are generally as boring as hell these days, no nice treats with shower gels and girly stuff, just boring face creams etc. As lovely as Andrew Bagley is his hours with Alison are like a sedative to me, yawn!! Where are the days of £18 TSVs gone with loads of shower gel minis, lip glosses etc, now you are looking at £18 for an easy pay price for a half gallon of body lotion. Bring back the fun QVC with an affordable price tags to match. I'd rather go to Asda or Boots for beauty gifts these days, especially for chrissie presents.

Agree beauty items are generally as boring as hell these days, no nice treats with shower gels and girly stuff, just boring face creams etc. As lovely as Andrew Bagley is his hours with Alison are like a sedative to me, yawn!! Where are the days of £18 TSVs gone with loads of shower gel minis, lip glosses etc, now you are looking at £18 for an easy pay price for a half gallon of body lotion. Bring back the fun QVC with an affordable price tags to match. I'd rather go to Asda or Boots for beauty gifts these days, especially for chrissie presents.

I agree with everything in your post.
I long for the days of the Molton Brown Christmas TSV's and the days when the Philosophy hours had me literally sitting on the edge of my seat. Elemis and Gatineau are so expensive even the TSV's are usually out of my price range. There used to be lovely Fran Wilson boxes of lip colours and Smashbox is very samey these days.

Agree with all the comments about AY,she is worse than ever before. Has anyone contacted qvc direct to complain about her drowning out guests when they are trying to speak? it's been said on here that qvc keep her on because she is a good sales woman for them but we are all switching off in droves and we can't be the only ones.

I agree that the beauty shows ain't what they used to be but that does not give Alison Young the right to screech over the top of guests when they are trying to speak. That's just plain rude. I like the odd bit of banter don't get me wrong but she just goes on and on about nothing and thinking she's being SO amusing!

I just want one of the guests to grab the back of her chair and wheel her off into a broom cupboard, sit back down and carry on on their own!!

Well I happened upon the QVC Beauty Channel last night and there was Alison Young v. Emma Hardie - have you ever seen such a fight for voice ??? Even Alison was starting to make comments about Emma's tone. It was a real shout-fest!!! Not buying any of that stuff, I don't know what she was talking about !

I'm another one who records most of the shows and fast forward as I do think she has got worse. I end up having to listen if there is a product I'm interested in but she doesn't tell you anything other than all the celeb stuff and private appointments etc etc..... :yawn:

I do get irritated now by her referring to products such as 'my brands' or 'I only have 100 remaining in stock' as if it is her shop.
Another one is the salon sizes - they are super sizes! Salon sizes are usually 500ml and in different packaging to retail stock and find she uses this to push sales. I remember once in the early days getting a salon size Elemis cleanser and toner which came in the square bottles with pumps but that was also the last time they were ever sold. The brand I work with often have offers on 400ml products but they are never promoted as salon sizes.

:flower:

I'm another one who records most of the shows and fast forward as I do think she has got worse. I end up having to listen if there is a product I'm interested in but she doesn't tell you anything other than all the celeb stuff and private appointments etc etc..... :yawn:

I do get irritated now by her referring to products such as 'my brands' or 'I only have 100 remaining in stock' as if it is her shop.
Another one is the salon sizes - they are super sizes! Salon sizes are usually 500ml and in different packaging to retail stock and find she uses this to push sales. I remember once in the early days getting a salon size Elemis cleanser and toner which came in the square bottles with pumps but that was also the last time they were ever sold. The brand I work with often have offers on 400ml products but they are never promoted as salon sizes.

:flower:

Oh I remember those, that was the first Elemis I ever bought.

You will never ever get the deals of old, prices have gone up and QVC just cannot haggle the way they used to with the brands. Online has cut a big dent in all that now. QVC play it safe they know what sells and they stick with the Decleor,Elemis,Gatineau,Philosophy and L'Occitane kit which customers buy time and time and time again.

Oh I remember those, that was the first Elemis I ever bought.

You will never ever get the deals of old, prices have gone up and QVC just cannot haggle the way they used to with the brands. Online has cut a big dent in all that now. QVC play it safe they know what sells and they stick with the Decleor,Elemis,Gatineau,Philosophy and L'Occitane kit which customers buy time and time and time again.

Now there's a Charlie'ism if ever there was one!

I don't think Q give a toss at what she does as long as the product sells. wonder if they all have targets to work to, hence the hard sell.

If you were a fairly new viewer you might fall for all this nonsence of only 52000 left to last the rest of the hour, etc.

as if it is her shop now that is a scary thought, what would it be called and how long before it went out of business?

"Forever Young with Alison" stocking pressteegous brands as literally loved by celebrities especially my mate Lu, yes that's her off Strictly, never had any surgery (and on and on and on and on..........)

especially my mate Lu, yes that's her off Strictly, never had any surgery /QUOTE]

Yeah right, my arse!! :grin::grin::grin::grin:

(watching her on It Takes Two in the training room where she's got no make up on there is NO WAY she can say her mouth is natural and her cheeks WOW) they shouldn't be allowed to say such things

I like Alison but agree about the beauty shows having little to offer. I don't so much mind the price of Gatineau and Elemis (although I buy it on line, other than TSVs and duos from Q) but it's the same products over and over. If I never see another demonstration of tri-enzyme face wash again it'll be too soon.

I like Alison but agree about the beauty shows having little to offer. I don't so much mind the price of Gatineau and Elemis (although I buy it on line, other than TSVs and duos from Q) but it's the same products over and over. If I never see another demonstration of tri-enzyme face wash again it'll be too soon.

that's how i feel about liz earle. i decided i couldn't see her left hand cleanse and ploished one more time about 5 years ago...

Latest posts

Back