Ali young attacks alexis!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Most companies have a Code of Conduct/Ethics etc that outline standards and behaviour by their organisaton/employees, surely QVC must support codes like these? Maybe the presenters feel they are in charge and so get away with murder.

This would definately be a discipline issue in any normal workplace.

Most companies have a Code of Conduct/Ethics etc that outline standards and behaviour by their organisaton/employees, surely QVC must support codes like these? Maybe the presenters feel they are in charge and so get away with murder.

This would definately be a discipline issue in any normal workplace.

Why would QVC be any different ?

If anything they should have an interest in the health and safety of the guests they welcome into their building.
To broadcast the assault of one live on air, then surely they are negligent in their care of a brands rep.

Does anyone else think this thread should be made sticky just so that everyone has the chance to see what peeps saw ?

:thinking:

Last edited:
Why would QVC be any different ?

If anything they should have an interest in the health and safety of the guests they welcome into their building.
To broadcast the assault of one live on air, then surely they are negligent in their care of a brands rep.

Does anyone else think this thread should be made sticky just so that everyone has the chance to see what peeps saw ?

:thinking:

Exactly. Maybe we should ask QVC if they have one and do their employees work to one.

:nod:

alexis would have to make the complaint though and she did not seem all that bothered

I agree, and even if Alexis WAS bothered, she shifts loads of products and no doubt earns a hefty commission thanks to QVC so is probably prepared to put up with AY, as I'm sure are a lot of the other guests.

alexis would have to make the complaint though and she did not seem all that bothered

Violent behaviour in the workplace is gross misconduct even if the victim doesn't complain has nothing to do with it plus in this case it is on tape.

well lets look at in in another way, if you were in you local store and saw a member of staff assault another employee or visiting rep, would you continue to use the shop

if alexis accepts this as par for the course to earn a living then she is doing a disservice to unseen victims of bullies everywhere

well lets look at in in another way, if you were in you local store and saw a member of staff assault another employee or visiting rep, would you continue to use the shop

if alexis accepts this as par for the course to earn a living then she is doing a disservice to unseen victims of bullies everywhere

but Alexis might not have felt she was being bullied, she may not have liked AYs behaviour & might well have felt it was OTT and inappropriate but that's not the same as actually feeling that you are a victim of a bully?

and however she felt, I still think that if she is unhappy with AY and/or QVC in any way it is up to her to complain.

Violent behaviour in the workplace is gross misconduct even if the victim doesn't complain has nothing to do with it plus in this case it is on tape.

Totally agree. I did have a look for the video against the items where this happened and well, no surprises it wasn't there. I did have it recorded on Sky+ but deleted it after.
I believe she will get away it with like she has many times before which tells me that QVC accepts this kind of behaviour and that 's just not unacceptable.

I suspect viewing figures will soar when they next appear together :cheeky:

Don't shoot me down and I didn't even see it but surely Ali was only "horsing" about!:hi:

Don't shoot me down and I didn't even see it but surely Ali was only "horsing" about!:hi:

I'm sure that's what she would say in her defence, and after all she's the beauty expert with years of experience, who sells loads of product on QVC.

Does that make her untouchable and she can do no wrong ?

I didn't see it but from what others have said they didn't think it was right, goodness knows what a new viewer would think.

I am really going to upset everyone one this thread who thinks Alison is a bully and thug. Lighten up. I am sure that what was she did was done in a playful way and I don't know why everyone is so upset on Alexs's behalf because from reading past posts most people think she is a miserable stuck up cow.

I am really going to upset everyone one this thread who thinks Alison is a bully and thug. Lighten up. I am sure that what was she did was done in a playful way and I don't know why everyone is so upset on Alexs's behalf because from reading past posts most people think she is a miserable stuck up cow.

I don't think Alison's either a bully or a thug, but I do think she's very childish and behaves like a spoilt madam sometimes. The way she grabbed Alexis' hair and screeched at her about the handcream she needed in full sizes was completely OTT and was embarrassing to watch. I didn't think there was anything remotely "playful" about it and I don't think Alexis is a "miserable stuck up cow " either, and even if she was, it doesn't justify the way AY behaved. :mysmilie_514:

She was 'horsing' around but the fact is she is fronting an organisation as a professional in her field (or is that paddock?? :giggle:) and should not act in a way that embarrasses the company. You would never find a guest doing that to a presenter no matter how friendly/familiar they are with them. I'm not anti AY but I do believe in her role she should be professional at all times and can have a laugh without resorting to hair pulling.

I happen to think that the title of this thread is OTT. If it had said Ali Young behaves in a childish and embarrassing manner then I would agree but to suggest it was an all out attack is somewhat dramatic.
AY is what she is and I have no doubt she was messing around with Alexis, whether some people think otherwise is fine but we can all have our say on here.

I quite like Alexis. She does come across as a bit snooty sometimes but for the most part, I think she is nice to listen to. I'm not sure I would go as far as to call Alison's behaviour bullying, but it was completely unacceptable behaviour, particularly in the workplace. My father in law once whacked me on the shoulder (in jest) when I laughed at an old photo of him and it really upset me. I sound like a mard but it was completely unexpected and it really hurt! Not to mention the fact I had not even known him a year when he did that! It turns out that thats the sort of person he is, but he has learnt that while some people are ok with that kind of physical horseplay, I am not!
Even if Alison meant nothing by it, and even if she has known Alexis for years, she has got to understand that her behaviour was completely OTT and very inappropriate.

Latest posts

Back