Ali Young at home

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

She's the 'resident beauty expert', her 'years of experience in the industry, treating celebrities and royalty' have trained her to notice these things. Also, she goes beyond the call of duty - did I imagine she said something about having gone three months without using an eye product so that she could test the new Gatineau serum and noticed the effects 'immediately'?

And then some, she had a salon size of Neroli which Q have never stocked, not even as part of a TSV. Are we to deduce that she shops on ebay or is she given freebies by her 'friends in the industry'?

But heard her say when using Alpha H Liquid Gold rather than not applying moisturisers over the top she uses the liquid gold early in the evening then a moisturiser four hours later, which may involve getting up in the middle of the night.

@Di mon'ekk - do you have anything to do with Q? This thread could be a cheap&quick MarketResearchSurvey ;-) lol Good to hear other's perceptions.

I don't think Q would be daft enough to use our comments or reactions as any kind of market research. We re hardly your average TV home shoppers are we?. Most "normal" people do not watch the number of hours we watch anD do not dissect everything that happens on the channel with the same forensic vigour.

They probably think we're a bunch of extremist nutters.

@Di mon'ekk - do you have anything to do with Q? This thread could be a cheap&quick MarketResearchSurvey ;-) lol Good to hear other's perceptions.

Damn ,you got Me!

Seriously ,nope .,just someone who has spent too much on QVC beauty products :)

I don't think Q would be daft enough to use our comments or reactions as any kind of market research. We re hardly your average TV home shoppers are we?. Most "normal" people do not watch the number of hours we watch anD do not dissect everything that happens on the channel with the same forensic vigour.

They probably think we're a bunch of extremist nutters

THINK !

:mysmilie_859:

I think my detective skills must be lacking.

I thought her home looked just as I would expect it to look and I thought the display cupboard with odd displays (photo of tova, bottle of some body stuff) seemed genuine. I also reckon her dogs would nick the food she is preparing but maybe she doesn't normally wander away to speak to a camera like during the interview with Will.

AY has referred many times to getting home at all hours and doing her beauty thing in the kitchen (possibly so as not to wake her hubby).

They probably think we're a bunch of extremist nutters.

No, that would be the facebook brigade who toe the party line. I personally just dip and out, watch about 5 mins of a show that takes my fancy and buy everything I want later online or on the app.

We are not extreme nutters. We are QVC nerds, a new tribe which has developed over a short number of years. We even have our own meet ups, (Belfast division Ladies Wot Lunch being the main one). The only thing which separates us from Trekkers is we don't have conventions, yet.:wink:

Anyone else bored yet with Alison youngs home life. I know I am:down:

Me too. Don't get me wrong, she's got a lovely home, but bear in mind that we have practically paid for it with the commission she no doubt earns for every 'miracle' product she flogs us.

We are not extreme nutters. We are QVC nerds, a new tribe which has developed over a short number of years. We even have our own meet ups, (Belfast division Ladies Wot Lunch being the main one). The only thing which separates us from Trekkers is we don't have conventions, yet.:wink:

Or wear funny ears (apologies if you ladies do in fact wear funny ears when you meet)

I said before we need a uniform for meet ups (or indeed conventions...) Birkies or Emu's some Eek, a Ken Paves wig, kipling bag and some QVC fashion. We should all have eyelashes that scrape on to our Jackie Kennedy sunglasses, wear 14k gold lippy and Tova er der perferm.

"QVC nerds" I can handle being called that. But I do love that channel and love many of my QVC buys.

It's funny I have never disliked her, she has a dry wit that I like. But she will get a. Olympic gold for talking at a high octave at breakneck speed, and sometimes it annoys me when I just want to relax snd put my feet up. I also like her clothes, just not necessarily in the same outfit! She looked great in relaxed casual jeans and white shirt and a more natural make up.

:giggle::giggle::giggle:

She's the 'resident beauty expert', her 'years of experience in the industry, treating celebrities and royalty' have trained her to notice these things. Also, she goes beyond the call of duty - did I imagine she said something about having gone three months without using an eye product so that she could test the new Gatineau serum and noticed the effects 'immediately'?
Whatever her faults, I do think she takes her job seriously and she will test the products.

And then some, she had a salon size of Neroli which Q have never stocked, not even as part of a TSV. Are we to deduce that she shops on ebay or is she given freebies by her 'friends in the industry'?
She will be getting some "perks" from reps and will have some "exclusive" gifts for beauty consultants and buyers. Did I notice her towels were from L'Occitane or am I mistaken:think:
I bet she will have luxurious robes, towels etc from Elemis /Decleor and lots of other gifts from other beauty product reps:happy:

Imagine us all at a forum convention,we would have to wear badges with our user names on.
I bet no-one actually looks like what I imagine they look like.

Latest posts

Back