Ali Young at home

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

In the unlikely event that she ever invites me over I think I shall decline any offer of a ham sandwich :puke: I know she has got to test loads of products, but is it really necessary to have every surface covered in clutter? Bet Will was secretly disgusted - you just know his bathroom is going to be absolutely immaculate :talking:

its been mentioned several times that will is fastidious. he was probably retching at the shower tray scenario.

i couldnt think of anything but soapy scummy water puddling around the bottom of all those bottles, and how slimey the bottom of them all would get.

felt a bit queasy meself.

its been mentioned several times that will is fastidious. he was probably retching at the shower tray scenario.

i couldnt think of anything but soapy scummy water puddling around the bottom of all those bottles, and how slimey the bottom of them all would get.

Funny what freaks us out. I was also thinking what a pain to move all that lot to clean the tray but also that there are lots of spider hiding places. Shudder!

Couldn't believe it when she said on air that she had 4O bottles in her shower!

That's where Gatineau are growing their "healthy bacteria" for their new Pro-biotic Melatogenine don't you know! The new Necrotising Defi-Lift is launching next month with the tag line "No Face, No Wrinkles"!

Jude xx

Well why would anybody start to make sandwiches, then leave buttered bread on the board without completing the job FFS?

I mean 20 seconds would have added the pre bought honey roast ham to the bread and then all she had to do was cut them! ( if she's safe to utilise a knife)

She came across very natural and likeable person and funny how she did not sound "screechy" on those videos:think: The dog (I think it was the same one) has done that before, it wasn't the first time :giggle:
I don't think it was staged, I think Alison was distracted or concentrating on being filmed, that she could not shoo the dog away.
Much as I enjoyed seeing the dog stealing the food, I agree with those who say that they should be allowed into the kitchen, especially when they are running in and out of the house.
It is like us standing on worktops with our shoes on.

I thought at the start it was very suspicious this at home with Ali videos. And as i said to my daughter earlier, always go with your gut feeling. I
definately think it was a PR exercise. They"ve probably been on here reading the reviews and realised they had to do something to make her more
plausable and human to the customers, hence the videos. Did i see on the video with the dogs, was there a tag on the settee, like it was just
bought and not taken of yet. I"d say with the recession and people being disillusiioned with QVC that they have lost some custom, and this is to
let us and the new innocent customers see how homely Ali is, just like one of the customers

I like Alison(I agree she does screech at times) but I think she really cares. Many a time I think she talks so much, because she is so eager to explain about the product, as the QVC beauty expert.
If you compare her with some of the other presenters, you might realise that she really listens to the callers. The only time I ever spoke to the presenters was to say that Philosophy's Amazing Grace and Pure Grace were the only perfumes I could tolerate when I was ill, and she really came across as caring. Compare her with Catherine, who usually says" hum-hum" but you can see that she is not really listening to the callers,(most probably thinking if her pose on the monitor is to the best advantage) and she says" awww, wasn't she lovely" but there is no sincerity in it.

What I noticed was, that Alison keeps her Decleor oils on the windowsill. :mysmilie_865: She should know better, being 'Your Beauty Resident Expert', they'll go off in no time, exposed to light and heat (on the occasional sunny day) sat on the windowsill. On the other hand, I don't think she cares much, as having SO many products, she can't possibly use them all to the last drop. Quite likely lots end up in the bin half used.

And she does have a lady who comes in and does all the cleaning and tidying for her. Alison shared that info on one of the 'In the Salon with Alison' shows, few years ago. Back in those days, she used to talk a lot about her dogs, horses, hubby, friends, etc, as a way of befriending the viewers...Nowadays she only seems to focus on the 'celebrity' hard sale and I guess these videos are step up, from that

Sorry I don't believe all these products I have here spiel.

:wait:

How would you know when each item had been opened?
How could you correctly trial so many products at any one time?
Why would you store products on a bathroom windowsill?
How could you be aware of effects, with so many products at any time?
How could your findings be accurate with such a varied amount of products?
Products placed in the shower would not appear so neat, clean and tidy with regular showering.
Why were there added products that were said to being used now in the bathroom video?
In the beauty pick of the month video, that would have been filmed on the same day, they were not there?

:confused:

Sorry I don't believe all these products I have here spiel.

:wait:

How would you know when each item had been opened?
How could you correctly trial so many products at any one time?
Why would you store products on a bathroom windowsill?
How could your findings be accurate with such a varied amount of products?
Products placed in the shower would not appear so neat, clean and tidy with regular showering.
Why were there added products that were said to being used now in the bathroom video?
In the beauty pick of the month video, that would have been filmed on the same day, they were not there?

:confused:

Ever thought of a job in the judiciary, Miss Marple?

Snarly Says

FACT #1 - This thread started 29th June, 3 days ago. FACT #2 - This thread has had over 5,000 views. MY CONCLUSION - That is a L-O-T of people looking in. I think many are QVC staff monitoring the Forum Viewers' reaction. And I think this thread and the Super Sunday ones will be the subject of discussions around the Q watercoolers and in the boardrooms on Monday. [Snarly waving her paws, "Hello" at the Q staff]

Continuity in filming of the video's should be closely looked at during editing QVC.

I'm sure I spotted some Clientele skin care in the dresser cupboard.

Also QVC what about the absence of certain QVC products, does that mean they aren't worthy?

Something that is questionable would be what would we expect to see of a person's skin and hair, who has their hands on what appears to be an unlimited supply of your retailing products?

Last edited:
She's the 'resident beauty expert', her 'years of experience in the industry, treating celebrities and royalty' have trained her to notice these things. Also, she goes beyond the call of duty - did I imagine she said something about having gone three months without using an eye product so that she could test the new Gatineau serum and noticed the effects 'immediately'?

who has their hands on what appears to be an unlimited supply of your retailing products?
And then some, she had a salon size of Neroli which Q have never stocked, not even as part of a TSV. Are we to deduce that she shops on ebay or is she given freebies by her 'friends in the industry'?

Plus as I said on the other thread official bathroom thread. She said about some high street products being used to see how they react with the QVC salon brands. Seems customers have asked this. Oh excuse me while I go change my knickers, I just p*ssed myself laughing at that one. Never heard a T caller or anyone mention using high street brands, they are suppose to be the anti Christ to AY. But I bet she does use them herself and not for trial. I remember when Prescriptives launched on QVC. Suddenly AY let slip she had been using the serum and the fragrance for years and even went the shops and bought them herself.

Sorry caretodiffer, she is really listening to her producer in her ear. I remember the QVC documentary some years ago on Channel 4. It was about QVC and IW which had just started. Beauty was the bits they showed for Q as it was the biggest seller, in those days £20,000 a show was sold. Yes that is right £20,000!!!! The producer shouting down the earpiece to AY, the amounts of money sold as updates.

Last edited:
How so convenient she would be able to clear out her dressing room of products at Marco Polo house, prior to the filming at home.

:wonder:

Latest posts

Back