Ali Keenan engaged

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

loveallthingsitalian

Registered Shopper
Dale has just announced AK has been proposed to and accepted.

Congrats to all but wondered what the general opinion is about public proposals are (thinking of Will or others who propose live on air etc).

Great news for Ali K
I'm personally not a huge fan of blogging/vlogging etc.
Never-the-less, hope she is happy for many years to come.

I'm not a fan of public proposals personally, I think it puts a lot of pressure on the person to say yes. Surely you want a person to marry you because they really want to, not because they were too embarrassed to say no. I mean it depends on the sort of people the proposer and proposee (don't think that's a word) are, if you're confident they'll say yes and are the more extroverted type then they might like it. I'd much rather something private but it takes all sorts.

Congrats to Ali and her hubby to be, good luck to them.

Lovely news, wishing Ali and Colin many happy years together.

Marriage proposals on the Jeremy Kyle show are, without exception, always wrong!

A former colleague once did the full blown down on one knee, pulling out the ring box, asking her ( another colleague ) to marry him routine at a staff Christmas meal in front of a packed dining room. There were those of us who cringed, those of us who said awwww and those of us who laughed in embarrassment. The poor girl was obviously mortified, she turned bright red, hid her face in her hands, kept trying to drag him up onto his feet and was openly shocked. She said yes but only to get him back into his seat I think because the engagement only lasted around a year and she eventually had an affair with another, already married member of staff.

I agree that it puts pressure on the recipient to say yes, yes, a thousand times yes!

Still, each to their own and I am sure being publicly proposed to will feel more romantic. It depends how well you really know your partner.

Congratulations to Alison and Colin. They have been through some very tough times together, and I wish them all the happiness in the world.

She posted pics on Twiitter. I think he proposed with with two love hearts sweets that said will you be mine.
Good for her. Shes had breast cancer and she's not been very well lately. She deserves some happiness. I'm realy pleased for her.

http://t.co/OSugBA70Yp

Last edited:
Aww that's lovely news for them , after all Alison has been through she deserves some happiness. Did Alison ask Dale to announce it on air ? I know it was posted on twitter buy surely it would have been nicer for Alison to announce it herself next times shes on air for all the people that aren't on twitter.

She's been through a horrible time so it's nice that she's found some happiness. She's one of the more bearable presenters, and I quite like her voice! Good luck to her.

Congrats to the happy couple to be.

Public proposals are utterly cringeable.
But then so are surprise parties.
And teenagers snogging in public.

I propose, snog and party with enthusiasm, I just don't need the added exhibitionism.

Congrats to Ali K she has had a difficult few years and deserves some happiness
I'm not one for on air proposals or Internet confessions etc, all a bit cringe worthy, but hey ho....

Will this be husband No.2 or 3 ??

She presented This Morning with her ex Stephen Rhodes (who was born Tommy Keenan (!) ) but I have an inkling there was another after him.

Yes, congratulations to both of them and glad she's found happiness after all she's been through.

Latest posts

Back