Aldi Health & Beauty

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Thanks, Marina and LV73. Lidl don’t seem to be quite as blatant in the way they copy the look of the originals as Aldi, but I do see the L’Occitane similarities and I’m definitely interested in seeking these out.

They are on a small shelf with the candles and diffusers in mine, in the health and beauty aisle and they don't look like the cien ones. The handcream is in a fake?metal tube with same colours as the real thing. I left the handcream at my mum's so I've asked her to provide a photo. I'll post when she does.
I’m not sure they will have them here as the diffusers, etc, just opposite the limited Cien range, occupy only a small part of a couple of shelves. I will try to pop in today, try there and have a look around if not.

What are the brown bottles on the left of that Lidl photo? I can see “aromatic body cleanser” on the label but are they new and meant to be copies of something as well? The article you posted a link to mentions Lush and Aesop, which I don’t know that well.

Oh, and the Sol de Janeiro fragrance spray copy mentioned in the article - there’s a stray bottle top left of the above photo - that is a pretty close dupe, appearance wise at least. Reviews seem good.

I'm not sure...
Well, find out! I expect you to spend your entire Saturday morning researching for us!

Just teasing. I’ve now had a Quick Look myself instead of being idle and it is indeed Aesop. Now that is an unapologetic copy!

IMG_6046.jpeg
IMG_6047.jpeg

Well, find out! I expect you to spend your entire Saturday morning researching for us!

Just teasing. I’ve now had a Quick Look myself instead of being idle and it is indeed Aesop. Now that is an unapologetic copy!

View attachment 30035View attachment 30036
I've never heard of Aesop (apart from the fables!) Are they really high end?So I've no idea of the smells. Would anyone recommend?

I’ve only vaguely heard of it and if “high priced” means “high end”, I guess it is high end. Well, £35 for the 500ml bottle above. I think it’s worth a sniff in Lidl if I can find it.

I've heard that Aldi skincare is superior to Lidl, we shall see.
I can believe that. Aldi have invested a lot of time, money and effort in Lacura and it has earned a cult following. I seem to think Lidl had a go at it a few years ago, before I shopped there, but until these recent items, all they had (that I’ve noticed), apart from everyday ranges including face creams and shampoos, etc, were occasional perfumes, handwashes and hand creams.

Never seen anything like them in Lidl so will have a look. Interested in trying the Sol de Janeiro dupes as I can't find the Boots copies.
Then again unless it's Fenty, Lancone,YSL etc our Boots is forever shifting stuff round,even the staff are unable to find things sometimes. They must have been to the store training equivalent of M&S.

Well, you’ve started something now, Marina. I went to Lidl earlier and they had a decent little selection of all the items we discussed. It was where you said, opposite the Cien stuff, with the candles and diffusers.

The 500ml brown bottles of hand wash and body wash (Aesop copies at £3.49) were available in Geranium, Verbena & Ylang, Sweet Orange, Petti-Grain & Jasmine (body) and Vetiver, Grapefruit & Guaiac Wood (hand).

They also had some bottles of hand wash and hand lotion in square bottles like the Jo Malone ones that Aldi copy. I hadn’t seen those before. £1.99 each. They have Peony & Blush Suede, Wild Bluebell, Blackberry & Bay and Wood Sage & Sea Salt.

Then some tall 250ml bottles of matching hand wash and hand lotion in Lavender or Nectarine & Honey (£1.99).

Yes, I did buy a few things but this photo is not my bedroom shelf this evening! The shop shelves are a bit emptier since I went in, though!

IMG_7507.jpeg

You've done well Andi, I will go to Lidl mid or end of next week, when I can. It looks like they had to create a bit of room for these new products. Thanks for the pic!

These ones were said to be the Lush dupes

1728759981924.png

Last edited:
You've done well Andi, I will go to Lidl mid or end of next week, when I can. It looks like they had to create a bit of room for these new products. Thanks for the pic!

These ones were said to be the Lush dupes

View attachment 30042

Ah, thanks. That was bugging me. I had a quick look at them in the shop but was assuming they were random shower gels that had been put there. That Instagram video tells us the equivalents in Lush are £28! 😲 I should at least have smelt them.

Ah, thanks. That was bugging me. I had a quick look at them in the shop but was assuming they were random shower gels that had been put there. That Instagram video tells us the equivalents in Lush are £28! 😲 I should at least have smelt them.
They didn't look very appealing on the shelf, and on the cheap side, like something one could buy for 80 pence.

They didn't look very appealing on the shelf, and on the cheap side, like something one could buy for 80 pence.
I didn’t like to say anything but yes, they do look a bit naff! The Lush ones don’t look that pretty either. I wonder what they’re like, though.

They had the big 500ml bottles of shower gel that are in Molton Brown shaped bottles and have similar names (Rose & Rhubarb, Gingerlily, Orange & Bergamot, etc), even though you wouldn’t confuse the two. I didn’t mention those as we’ve talked about them on here before. I have a bottle upstairs somewhere from months ago.

IMG_7513.jpeg

Latest posts

Back