Ahh to Ugh

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

holmca

Registered Shopper
I just have to say that I can't understand why QVC has to keep trying to sell us items that clearly don't do what they say they do, for example:

The Ahh Bra. I would love to think that it does what it says it does, i.e. is comfortable and supportive for all sizes, but it doesn't. Its on again this morning in different colours, and now there are pads to put in and they say wear two! I am sure this works well for smaller ladies, but they are still advertising this as suitable for 2xl and 3xl girls. But basically it doesn't do what they say it does for everyone.

Next they will be saying that they are adding underwires and making the shoulder straps narrower for the Summer strappy tops, and then its the same as any other bra.

The other item is the No No, which also doesn't do as it should, and now there is a 90 day money back guarantee. If it doesn't work, it doesn't work!

I feel sorry for the presenters. They know if an item doesn't do as it should and when they are presenting it you can hear the lack of belief in their voice. They might be saying all the encouraging things, but the voice gives them away.

The other thing that annoys me most is when there are hundreds of negative reviews on the web site on items, Q changes the listing and all these reviews seem to disappear. I know that I once read on one or the other of these items that there was 149 one star reviews. Now they are gone.

Personally I don't consider buying anything that has less than 4 stars so the reviews are important to me when deciding if I am going to buy something. Thats what they are they for surely?

Last edited:
the problem with qvc is the overselling that happens to get you to part with your money knowing that people will not always be bothered to return stuff

Also way too expensive when you can find shapewear in most large supermarkets and high street, at more affordable prices without p+p. Their playing on most women's insecurities and charging us a fortune. Where's the value in qVc! :cash::cash:

Imo the TSV is not doing Jilly any favours, I think my money is safe......

I am a 42 DD and would never consider a bra without underwiring or a good uplift. Alll these 'rounded' bra shapes on foundation wear (on IW also) do b..gger all for us large ladies, except give us a wonderful Les Dawson bosom, and who wants that ???

I am a DD cup and I know this style of bra does not give much support, but you do get a little shape in my size and they are sooooo comfortable. I don't pay QVC prices though, mine are from boots (belvita?) and I am just about to get a couple more from Avon. I find underwired bras extremely uncomfortable so I try to avoid them and choose bras from M &S that don't have wires but still give good support (even though they are not the prettiest bras in the world!). When I get home I live in my non-QVC Aah style bra, and ever since I was pregnant I have been in the habit of sleeping in them too.

I really like the Aah bra but I am a C cup, and can see that it might not be comfortable for larger sizes. I don't think it's right to sell it as suitable for 'all'. I wouldn't buy it from QVC anyway, as you can get the same thing much cheaper elsewhere!

I am a DD cup and I know this style of bra does not give much support, but you do get a little shape in my size and they are sooooo comfortable. I don't pay QVC prices though, mine are from boots (belvita?) and I am just about to get a couple more from Avon. I find underwired bras extremely uncomfortable so I try to avoid them and choose bras from M &S that don't have wires but still give good support (even though they are not the prettiest bras in the world!). When I get home I live in my non-QVC Aah style bra, and ever since I was pregnant I have been in the habit of sleeping in them too.

One of the best things I have ever done in my life (apart from starting a pension plan at age 22) was to sleep in my bra since my teenage years. Now in my 60s I have a good bust that does'nt droop, and its all down to the muscle support they've had through my life.

They say 'death & taxes' are the only sure things in life, but my life advice to young girls would be to wear a bra in bed and pay into a pension plan when you start earning.

One of the best things I have ever done in my life (apart from starting a pension plan at age 22) was to sleep in my bra since my teenage years. Now in my 60s I have a good bust that does'nt droop, and its all down to the muscle support they've had through my life.

They say 'death & taxes' are the only sure things in life, but my life advice to young girls would be to wear a bra in bed and pay into a pension plan when you start earning.

Add good skin care ( not necessarily expensive but high SPF) lots of moisturiser, cleanse well, & good genes!I am 65, you will look 55!!Good luck but age is just a number!

Id be the perfect person for these bras atm however i no ill get it and be disappointed and wouldnt send it back so im stopping myself from ordering and frankly after reading the reviews online im glad i didnt give in :rock:

They couldn't care less if it works or how it works out for the customer, except to the extent that it effects sales. It might be easier to keep shift stuff that people actually like, but as long there are enough not returned and/or new people to con, they will keep pushing. I think it is just more obvious when you actually sit through repetitive sales talk on screen, rather than just seeing an item on a shelf or online.

Its a kind of brain washing. The more people watch Q then the more they hear the same spiel and the more it sinks in with some people and they start believing what they hear. I bet some people can recount word by word what AY says about a particular skincare range or a guest says about a certain item or how many JF says we should buy of something.
It amazes me how some folk can recount off pat, a presenter`s life history, who they married, how many kids they have, what skin care they say they use, what size they are, who`se got bunions, who hasn`t, who has a holiday home, who doesn`t etc etc and can comment in a flash if a presenter changes hair colour, loses weight, wears a different style of clothes and so on. All scary stuff, a bit like the nation is turning into a hoard of Stepford wives hypnotised by shopping telly and I daresay many people aren`t as knowledgeable about their own families and friends. Warning bells should be ringing, time for the off switch in some houses methinks.

Latest posts

Back