Advice on Neck Creams/Gel

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

summer

Registered Shopper
Need advice on Neck cream please.

I am 47 and have started to see horizontal lines on my neck in certain lights.

I love QVC but there is so much choice.

Anyone found something quick and good?

I`ve tried a few neck creams over the years but believe it or not, one of the best neck creams for me has been good old E45 cream, not the lotion. I only use it on my neck not my face and it seems to work just fine. It doesn`t have a fancy pot nor a fancy price but it does the job and I`m almost 60.

I've used both the Judith Williams one & Clarins Extra Firming Neck Cream, both good & both smell gorgeous. But to be honest I get the same results using a rich body cream or whatever face cream I'm using. I do have dry skin so tend to use very moisturising ones. Best thing is to go down with your face cream onto your neck & up with the body cream, so it gets a double dose. I'm mid sixties & have no rings on my neck, or crepyness, so it's worked for me.
The only one I had real problems with was the Gatineau one. I know lots of people swear by it but I bought it as part of a TSV, applied it just once & within five minutes my whole neck was an angry, burning, bright red. Very, very sore. I washed it off immediately but it still took a week of antihistamines for the horrible rash to clear. Very glad of the 30 day money back, it was in the post the same day!

Marks and Spencer Age Replenish Neck Cream. In a pump 50mls and £12.

The best you can buy.

I am 55 have a large bust(its the neck which holds the neck, so wearing a proper bra helps), and do not have a line on my neck!

I have been using Marks and Spencer Age Replenish neck cream for several months now and it has softened the lines on my neck. I must say I was surprised it made a difference as nothing else has over the years! I am grateful to Donna for the recommendation on here, I would say it's well worth a try. I've just turned 63 this month and pleased to find skincare that works without breaking the bank.I am going to try more of the M&S range and save some P&P in the process as an added bonus.

The best you can buy.

I am 55 have a large bust(its the neck which holds the neck, so wearing a proper bra helps), and do not have a line on my neck!

I use this as well, on the recommendation of one of us forumites - might have been your good self ? I'm very happy with it and as it's "cheap" I don't have to be miserly with it.

The best you can buy.

Having read your post and those of others who use this, I've just registered on their site and have ordered some too. :smile:

The best you can buy.

Blimey! after all these great comments I am going to give this a try as well, thanks Donna. I agree with Breeze the Gatineau one is to be avoided at all costs, I used it a few years ago and liked it but when I bought it more recently I had a terrible red rash on my neck very soon after using it and it took a long time to clear, would never try it again, they must have changed something in it. Thanks

I don't use a special neck cream, but I have used the same moisturiser on my face and neck since I was in my teens (now 40). My neck is ok, do I need to use a special cream for the neck?

I've only just started using a Judith Williams neck cream and I'm 59. I haven't even used any cream on my neck until I noticed it needed some attention. JW's cream seems to have done the trick but I reckon any moisturiser would help. I have generally kept out of the sun and look younger than my 2 stepsisters who have lived in hot climates for the last 35 years.

I tried the Gatineau one a few years ago, it was a small size in a kit. Like Brissles on here I had the same itchy red rash come up within minutes of using it. washed it off straight away and returned the kit. It's rather worrying that so many have experienced reactions to this product and yet it is still being pushed as the best neck cream/gel on Q.
Wonder how many people this was tested on, and have they received complaints about it at Gatineau.
I'm curious about M&S skincare now after reading about it here, does anyone know if their creams are strongly perfumed ? that would put me off if they were.

I tried the Gatineau one a few years ago, it was a small size in a kit. Like Brissles on here I had the same itchy red rash come up within minutes of using it. washed it off straight away and returned the kit. It's rather worrying that so many have experienced reactions to this product and yet it is still being pushed as the best neck cream/gel on Q.
Wonder how many people this was tested on, and have they received complaints about it at Gatineau.
I'm curious about M&S skincare now after reading about it here, does anyone know if their creams are strongly perfumed ? that would put me off if they were.

M&S have a few different skincare ranges within their own branding. I've tried the hot cloth cleanser & exfoliator from their Pure range, both smelled the same, a slightly offputting smell that I can't describe. Some reviewers on their website really disliked the smell, I didn't find it that bad. Whereas their Formula Age Repair smells completely different - I've got their serum, day & night creams all of which have the same light floral scent which I like. Their Formula Age Defence range smells different again, slightly orangey? If you really dislike scented skincare you'd probably need to open some of the testers in store to see if they're for you or not.

Latest posts

Back