A note to Q, I am a grown woman.

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Loveinamist

Registered Shopper
The monkey on a Kipling bag does not help me make my mind up. The models anxiously showing the darn things off, as per obvious instruction, is naff, end of.

Yeah the age range what QVC seem to try to attract to there Fashion you wouldn't think would really care about a monkey.

You can tell QVC Fashion don't have the youth in mind, with the models they use for Fashion, you get young attractive models like JayJay for beauty products, where as for fashion your normally given, Goody and Tiffany, who are both very much older, and suit the clothes a bit more.

Im sure younger people would be more interested in the fashion if they used younger models

I take the monkey off my kipling bags - and put them in a drawer. I am sure they are breeding in there!

Yep my Kipling monkeys get swiftly removed and never see the light of day again!

I take my monkeys off, too, and yet ... and yet when I sell a Kipling bag and I don't advertise the monkey, you can bet your bottom dollar someone will ask me if there's a monkey. And I've noticed that I sell at a better price if the bag has an attached monkey. So some folks out there like them, and that's who they're selling to. You'll gather from this that I've bought and sold a few. I'm paring right down to the last 10 bags, which is more than enough for any one body. (Not all at one time, that is).

Some people buy a bag specifically because of the monkey`s name. Not something I`d ever do but I only own one Kipling bag and the monkey was taken off it as soon as I unpacked it.

I just view them as a key ring - thats all they are to me. I dont want to know its name!! But I dont take them off the bag, I quite like to keep them on the bags. But it irritates beyone belief when they are presenting and spend an age telling us all the different names - who cares, not me.

OH has one hanging on his rearview mirror in his car. It was a former girlfriend who gave it to him as she didn't want it. It actually looks a bit like him and he seems to have retained the fact that it is a 'Kipling' monkey off a Kipling handbag. I'd never heard for Kipling when I first met him.

Yeah the age range what QVC seem to try to attract to there Fashion you wouldn't think would really care about a monkey.

You can tell QVC Fashion don't have the youth in mind, with the models they use for Fashion, you get young attractive models like JayJay for beauty products, where as for fashion your normally given, Goody and Tiffany, who are both very much older, and suit the clothes a bit more.

Im sure younger people would be more interested in the fashion if they used younger models

I'm inclined to disagree with you on that one. l doubt if 'younger' people would be seen dead in qvc fashion - and I don't think Nina Leonard would quite cut the mustard with them. I wonder how many of the younger production staff behind the camera actually wear qvc fashion ????

I have not seen anything that someone in their late teens, twenties or early thirties would wear. Late thirties/40's is probably their starting point with some of the Ingenue dresses perhaps. Maybe a couple of Kim & Co wrap style dresses for work (but not the tops unless under a suit).

They did some Weird Fish a while ago but even that seemed dull. I think something like White Stuff, Manteray, or Joe Browns-esque would not go amis at Q, assuming they want to attract younger customers. as well as twenty-somethings these ranges appeal to late 30's and 40's and beyond too for casual wear.

I have not seen anything that someone in their late teens, twenties or early thirties would wear. Late thirties/40's is probably their starting point with some of the Ingenue dresses perhaps. Maybe a couple of Kim & Co wrap style dresses for work (but not the tops unless under a suit).

They did some Weird Fish a while ago but even that seemed dull. I think something like White Stuff, Manteray, or Joe Browns-esque would not go amis at Q, assuming they want to attract younger customers. as well as twenty-somethings these ranges appeal to late 30's and 40's and beyond too for casual wear.

I've often wondered if anyone in the age range mentioned even watch Q for say tech or jewellery. Can't see it myself as they wouldn't be bothered waiting for delivery as us oldies(lol) reluctantly do.

i like monkeys and personally think they add a bit of quirkiness to the bags...
I like them too, I use one as a key ring for my car keys - just cant see the point of making a big deal of giving them names - I think they would look nicer if they didnt have the label on them.

I have about 25 Kipling bags, some I have bought on Q and others from Ebay. The bags don't have the same following here in France as in the UK so I can pick up some very unusual and cheap bags. I like them as I like to match them with my clothes. If I get one without a monkey, then I try to find a monkey to match it. I am not a lover of monkeys in general, but I want my bags to have them as they seem incomplete without them as its part of the brand.

Someone very kindly sent me a monkey last year called Cathy (my name) and as I don't have a bag to match it hangs in my Jeep.

Latest posts

Back