Yup her Ego was on top form tonight with Mr Buckley

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Who DOES JR remind me of ???? Oh yes, CAROLE VORDERMAN !!!!!!!

both intelligent people,
both around the same age,
both have chatty jobs selling products (and themselves) on tv,
both have been the longest on air in their jobs (yawn) qvc and countdown
both sport long dark swishy hair
both like to self publicise
both like to squeeze into tight frocks at any opportunity

Have I left anything out ????

Who DOES JR remind me of ???? Oh yes, CAROLE VORDERMAN !!!!!!!

both intelligent people,
both around the same age,
both have chatty jobs selling products (and themselves) on tv,
both have been the longest on air in their jobs (yawn) qvc and countdown
both sport long dark swishy hair
both like to self publicise
both like to squeeze into tight frocks at any opportunity

Have I left anything out ????

Both far too full of themselves ?

i agree with the general gist of this thread that julia is a good presenter in that she does seem to make some attempt to be informed about the products and does list sizes (although i sometimes wonder if it's just an excuse to repeatedly tell us she's in the smallest) so it's a shame she has to spoil it with her diva behaviour.

endless pouting, preening, flicking, flirting, checking the monitor, making eyes at the camera, making faces at the camera (my 2 pet hates) and boasting is obviously unattractive in anyone, in any circumstance and at any age but somehow in an older woman the girlishness does come across as somewhat desperate and pathetic. just my 2 cents.

I don't like the way both her kids have jobs on QVC and she can't keep shut about it....if they have jobs there then fine for them, but the viewer doesn't really need to know all about it.
Yes this pi$$es me off too. In a B&W show recently Miss Piggy just had to make a point of telling us that 'Sophie is in the gallery tonight. My daughter works at Q VC ' accompanied by a smirk. Yes luv we know, you go on about it often enough. The same with Daniel, and it really isn't much recommendation for her son and daughter to admit that Mummy got them their jobs. Nepotism apprently rules at Marco Polo House. I wonder if Q advertised these jobs internally and externally before appointing HRH's kids?? Advertising a post is the way it should be done in good business practice - how-ever, while no legislation exists to demand this is done there are some risks to not advertising. Q could leave themselves open to a discrimination claim from someone both internally and externally, should they find out about the post and the lack of opportunity to apply. Perhaps Miss Piggy should shut up about it...

Yes this pi$$es me off too. In a B&W show recently Miss Piggy just had to make a point of telling us that 'Sophie is in the gallery tonight. My daughter works at Q VC ' accompanied by a smirk. Yes luv we know, you go on about it often enough. The same with Daniel, and it really isn't much recommendation for her son and daughter to admit that Mummy got them their jobs. Nepotism apprently rules at Marco Polo House. I wonder if Q advertised these jobs internally and externally before appointing HRH's kids?? Advertising a post is the way it should be done in good business practice - how-ever, while no legislation exists to demand this is done there are some risks to not advertising. Q could leave themselves open to a discrimination claim from someone both internally and externally, should they find out about the post and the lack of opportunity to apply. Perhaps Miss Piggy should shut up about it...

quite right but that doesn't meant TPTB haven't already decided who's got the job even before the advert's gone out.....

i've personally seen ths happen many times - all the hopefuls travelling miles and enduring an interview when we all know what the outcome will be.

Yes I realise that Janie but it would be interesting to know if Q had followed good business practice guidelines and advertised the jobs before appointing these two?? I suspect not.

You DO all realise that if La Roberts is as attention seeking as you all think, then by constantly going on about her you're just giving her what she wants?

If I was JR, then I would make a point of mentioning my kids' jobs as often as possible; have the toe post mules and zipped jeans welded to me; use the word "me" in every sentence I uttered; and make even MORE faces at camera, do MORE swishes of the hair, and do MORE flirting with male guests.

Why? Because it WILL get discussed on here.

The best way to deal with an attention seeker is just to ignore them. But that's NEVER going to happen on here and JR knows that.

Of course we know that HC but this forum is read by many guests daily and we like the 'outside world' to know about our likes and dislikes. In fact I joined ST.com on the advice of a journalist who 'visited' here and I have to say the forum has been a revelation to me.

I just think it's self-defeating to constantly complain that someone is an attention seeker; if they're that desperate, then they'd just be ecstatic that they cause a reaction.

And as long as La Roberts does get us all talking about her, and watching her shows (whether we like her or not), then QVC will continue to employ her.

I just don't see what any of this achieves apart from giving JR what you say she's after.

Well an obvious difference is that Carole V has another gear intelligence wise to JR. I like them both. I also think it is highly unlikely that a corporation like QVC would not have a fit for purpose robust recruitment policy.

Last edited:
hc - this is a bit like the keeleygate thread.

what are we supposed to do on here? cos i'm beginning to feel that we can't say anything about anything :(

hc - this is a bit like the keeleygate thread.

what are we supposed to do on here? cos i'm beginning to feel that we can't say anything about anything :(

I just see it as a circular argument is all: JR winds people up with attention seeking, which causes meltdown on here, which then feeds JR.

I'm NOT saying don't do owt: not my place really, since it's not MY site :smirk:

I'm just pointing out the futility of it all: whatever you do or say is just giving JR what she seems to want.

And since I'M now doing that (hi, Jools!! :hi: ), I'll beggar off out this thread :nod:

Last edited:
Well an obvious difference is that Carole V has another gear intelligence wise to JR. I like them both. I also think it is highly unlikely that a corporation like QVC would not have a fit for purpose robust recruitment policy.

It's showbiz init. I think we all understand that people at the higher echelons of their art, your dame maggies, judys and dianas get invited to take a role. The people scrabbling around at the bottom end have to audition. I know it's a small pond but there can't be many fish bigger in it than JR. As for Soph and Dan, any company can invite someone to work for them. They don't HAVE to go through a recruitment process. We could call it "headhunting" perhaps.

We've had these threads many times before where folk have said they wouldn't help get their relations into work if they could pull a few strings. I can't see a problem with a helping hand, it happens in almost every walk of life.

Even MPs have to be accountable! I have to do a fair amount of recruiting and unless your process passes equality law you would be in danger of being brought to a tribunal

It's showbiz init. I think we all understand that people at the higher echelons of their art, your dame maggies, judys and dianas get invited to take a role. The people scrabbling around at the bottom end have to audition. I know it's a small pond but there can't be many fish bigger in it than JR. As for Soph and Dan, any company can invite someone to work for them. They don't HAVE to go through a recruitment process. We could call it "headhunting" perhaps.
How-ever, we could call it nepotism perhaps.

Now let's all guess why we think Q were desperate to employ JR's kids. Let's see what Sophie had to offer them:

• not very good singer in a failed girl group
  • not very photogenic model

Daniel has been much more low profile but suddenly he pops up as a fitness expert, wonder what his professional qualifications are, anyone heard them mentioned??

Hey give JR a break, yes she is very me me me, but she is clearly very good at her job - she sells ! The only show i really don't like her on is the B&W one, when she turns into a major fag hag. But then i don't like him very much, so maybe he brings out the worst in JR.

How-ever, we could call it nepotism perhaps.

Now let's all guess why we think Q were desperate to employ JR's kids. Let's see what Sophie had to offer them:

• not very good singer in a failed girl group
  • not very photogenic model

Daniel has been much more low profile but suddenly he pops up as a fitness expert, wonder what his professional qualifications are, anyone heard them mentioned??

He's got an NVQ in fitness instructor-ing. It's the same course as wot Jill Franks did. Takes half a day, just bring your own sheet of A4 so they can print your certificate out. :cheeky:

Latest posts

Back