"You're my sisters, I want to dress you" piffle!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

louise66

Registered Shopper
The promo for the Diane Gilman shows is absolute rot! Apparently, she wants to take care of the needs of the over 40s, as other designers don't cater for them. Well, I'm over 40 - just - and I'm obviously not one of her "sisters". I have mentioned in other posts, I am a size 4 - 6 so finding clothes to fit is a nightmare. Other posters on this site are in the same position as I am, so why doesn't the delightful Ms Gilman "dress us"? Call me cynical but, I know profit is probably a dirty word to her, perhaps the fact that the market for smaller ladies is not quite as expansive? I still cannot comprehend for the life of me, why the Q does not partner up with a supplier of a petite clothing range because, in my opinion, it would sell. Having said that, if the clothes were of the ilk and design of the other lines they show, perhaps not.

She should get herself a Barbie Doll eh Louise?

Maybe Michele Hope is available?

Does anyone REALLY believe that these fashion designers wear the stuff they churn out for us ???? Aka DG, Tiana B woman, Ronni Nicole woman, Michelle Hope. ..... of course they don't. They make so much profit they can afford to buy the real McCoy ! (especially if its around the £4 million mark like good old Kel !!!)

I can't believe that MH wears any of her vile stuff,no wonder you won't find it on the high street.
Lynn

The samples the designers wear are definately not out of stardard Q stock because the length for a start wouldn't fit Kim or Renee and other shirties. So if they are done special for lenght then you can bet your giddy aunt that the rest of it is bespoke so it looks good on them.

I used to buy the Ronni/Tiana dresses for the very reason that they were short - as am I. Now they have made them to suit the 6ft models so they look ridiculous on me as a knee length is nearly ankle length. Kim Mendelson is a classic example of someone who wears her stuff made in a special size just to fit her as when I buy her clothes they look frumpy because they are all too long. Never bought any DG jeans because I'm a 12 but she says a 6 will fit me "because of the stretch". Doubt that very much lol.

The promo for the Diane Gilman shows is absolute rot! Apparently, she wants to take care of the needs of the over 40s, as other designers don't cater for them. Well, I'm over 40 - just - and I'm obviously not one of her "sisters". I have mentioned in other posts, I am a size 4 - 6 so finding clothes to fit is a nightmare. Other posters on this site are in the same position as I am, so why doesn't the delightful Ms Gilman "dress us"? Call me cynical but, I know profit is probably a dirty word to her, perhaps the fact that the market for smaller ladies is not quite as expansive? I still cannot comprehend for the life of me, why the Q does not partner up with a supplier of a petite clothing range because, in my opinion, it would sell. Having said that, if the clothes were of the ilk and design of the other lines they show, perhaps not.

Oh that advert drives me nuts!!!

If Julia Roberts is anything to go by nobody will surely buy these Jeans as she looks ridiculous in them. Even on the models they look creased and wrinkled a bit like Nora Battys stockings.

The sizing is ridiculous. DG said she has a 33 inch waist and can fit comfortably into a size 8. What???? If that's the case does she do a toddler's range cos I think that's what I need.

I know I'll probably be shot down for saying this but the models Catherine and her mum Jane really haven't got the legs or a*ses for skinny jeans.

ps A pair of ballet pumps would look much better than the toe posts Julia.

I agree Bensmum, no way you'd catch me in a pair of skinny jeans, bootlegs are more flattering on me as they balance me out.

I dont watch her shows, because MY thighs in a pair of too tight (sorry, I mean SKINNY) jeans would just be a sight that no-one (including me) should ever have to witness......:thinking:

However, I caught a few moments of the repeat early this morning and she said "I wanted to make millions.......:cash:" pause........she went on to spiel some rot about making millions happy or some such, but the 1st part of the sentance and the pause was probably much more accurate :rock:

The sizing is ridiculous. DG said she has a 33 inch waist and can fit comfortably into a size 8. What???? If that's the case does she do a toddler's range cos I think that's what I need.

I know I'll probably be shot down for saying this but the models Catherine and her mum Jane really haven't got the legs or a*ses for skinny jeans.

ps A pair of ballet pumps would look much better than the toe posts Julia.

No, I totally agree with you. Catherine and her mum have what we used to call "sturdy legs", so a straight leg style would be more flattering. Skinny jeans rarely look good on anyone who aren't blessed with pipe cleaner legs, and the wrinkled look is more a fad of fashion (like the torn at the knee jeans), than a study in being chic - which, on the Continent includes wearing flatties or ballet pumps. Cant ever remember seeing a young Parisian woman staggering down the Boulevards in killer heels and jeans, so why do we do it here ???

I have "sturdy" legs too. I am a size 14 now after 2 pregnancies and the weight is shifting but SLOWLY.

I would never wear skinny jeans because they are the root of all evil! Boot cut or better still wide-leg. Boyfriend at a push. The best pair of jeans I have ever bought by far...Antthony from Q! Just over 20 quid in clearance. An inky blue, slimish but stretchy bootcut. I was surprised how well they fit me.( My shape is Holly Willoughby and it is very hard to buy jeans).

I agree Bensmum, no way you'd catch me in a pair of skinny jeans, bootlegs are more flattering on me as they balance me out.
I agree totally, the narrow lower leg just makes the width further up look even wider, skinny jeans definitely aren't for me. I think the jeggings/skinny jeans look is really unflattering on JR, bootlegs would look much better.

I dont watch her shows, because MY thighs in a pair of too tight (sorry, I mean SKINNY) jeans would just be a sight that no-one (including me) should ever have to witness......:thinking:

However, I caught a few moments of the repeat early this morning and she said "I wanted to make millions.......:cash:" pause........she went on to spiel some rot about making millions happy or some such, but the 1st part of the sentance and the pause was probably much more accurate :rock:[/

Sally, I saw that, and thought exactly the same as you - "I wanted to make millions" should have been followed by a full stop. If people continue to fall for her cr*p, she will, or already has!

WG, if you know of a brand/store that sells wide leg jeans do tell! That would be my favoured style too, but I struggle to find wide leg trousers of any description never mind jeans.

Latest posts

Back