your secret shame

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

i've not called in but my mum once text in asking anthony remember him? to wish me happy birthday i was mortified hence why i don't like the tweeters who want mentions :)

I love the Northern Nights bedding I've had. It's not that much but it's washed and worn well and I don't mind admitting it!

I love my Northern Nights too and I also like.................Kelly Hoppen stuff.

I have to confess that my secret shame is my regular visits to the outlet stores. I try to get to Shrewsbury at least every 6 weeks or so.
I do love a good rummage and the subsequent unearthing a real bargain every so often .
:clapping:
Can happily spend a couple of hours marvelling at the condition of some of the returned items and trying to imagine the sort of person who would have the nerve to return a pair of jeans split up the backside!
:thinking: And trying to understand why someone would then think it was O.K to put them out for sale. :dull:

Having made derogatory remarks in previous posts about Quacker Factory - I bought a polka dot fleece at the end December (I'm love my fleeces!!)

I was hoping to keep it quiet, drat you Janie! :giggle:

quacker factory? :eek:

well you kept that quiet! :mysmilie_503:

i think you win the prize frazzled :clapping:

:mysmilie_378: :mysmilie_378: :mysmilie_378:
:mysmilie_8: :mysmilie_8: :mysmilie_8:
:mysmilie_848: :mysmilie_848: :mysmilie_848:
:mysmilie_866: :mysmilie_866: :mysmilie_866:

Don't have secret shame, be proud!

Eeekkk! We had quite a flutter of posts the other day about how many of us mute the telly when people phone in! As long as you haven't done it since, we'll let you off!

p.s if Caroline is the lady i'm thinking of (older lady, quite posh looking) I liked her hair. Sorry for the randomness of this comment...I blame it on the fumes from the Febreeze i've just sprayed on my curtains.

and I'm one of them..!!! I cringe now when I think of it..!

I've never told anyone this before, but I watch Q for entertainment (in the background usually). When I'm on my own it's like comfort food !

Linda XX

So do I, and my OH just can't get his head round it, then I can't get my "head around" the hours of televised sport he's prepared to watch!

As for secret shame, well I'm prepared to admit a drawer full of Scarflaces! and a fair few Kim & Co items in my wardrobe. I'm also a sucker for Jerome Alexander marble powder, eyeshadows and mascara!

This probably counts as 'QVC shame' but I hadn't thought of it like that, until I read this thread - my dh, knowing how much I would like to visit one of the outlet shops for a rummage( we live miles away from either or them), took a detour when he was near Warrington on business to go to the QVC shop to try and bag a surprise bargain for me. He came back empty handed as apparently there was nothing much there and what there was was all in unmarked boxes that he didn't have time to go through. I couldn't believe that there was nothing worthy of purchase and on questioning him further he did admit that there were some Winter Trax for £4 but he didn't think I'd want them ( as I already have some !) and seemed surprised when my voice went all squeaky with disappointment as I said 'Well you could have phoned me to ask !'

My shame was looking forward to reading more of the very interesting thread about usernames, only to find that it had disappeared without trace this morning.

It seems I do not belong to the exclusive club that can read posts which don't actually mention QVC, and I have no idea how to join.

My shame was looking forward to reading more of the very interesting thread about usernames, only to find that it had disappeared without trace this morning.

It seems I do not belong to the exclusive club that can read posts which don't actually mention QVC, and I have no idea how to join.
Become a VIP member and you will have access to The Drop where all kinds of forums exist discussing all sorts of topics. Click on the link at the top. The username thread lives on in there.

its on ideal world some kind of double scraf with a brooch. they had a set on with fur headband and cuffs looked a bit.....

fortunately nothing from QVC but at moment I am addicted to Tom Ford lipsticks & Glosses so this is a huge secret shame, and such info I'm holding from my accountant

many years ago when I first joined QVC and was younger and quite enthusiastic about it, I rang in and spoke to Caroline of Supernails fame..OMG, I'd probably had a glass or two of wine..!

OMG!! Im in your generation it seems.. Caroline AKA best friend to Barbra Winsdor and always wearing an annoying gold cigar band ring.. flaunting her bronze/brown LV styled talons ... oohh my days (ahem sorry for the digress)

I like some Kim and Co but I don't know if that counts because I don't feel any shame!:cheeky:

Me too and I love the few pieces I have, the tops go so well under my suits and jackets. Had loads of compliments at Christmas too with the dress and bolero so I make no apologies for buying very selectively.
I don`t by any means like it all ...but I don`t like all Jacques Vert, Viyella etc either......each to their own. Have 2 Tiana B `s too which I like, after sending 2 back that were hideous on me!!

Latest posts

Back