You know me.......

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

And still so many people are behaving like COVID is nothing more than a bad cold. Social distancing was non-existent in Lidl Tavistock yesterday. I loaded my shopping on to the conveyor belt once the person in front of me had started to pay, but some chump behind me pushed my shopping further down the belt so he could load his shopping! He was huge, so I wasn't going to risk being pulverised for asking him to keep two metres away from me. Social distancing is never enforced in any Lidl that I have visited. The checkout staff don't wear masks either. Their lack of concern has put me off shopping in there now.

To any of you who are suffering from COVID, I wish you a speedy return to good health.

We come under Greater Manchester Brissles.
Oh, thats tough. I live in a rural area around Herts/Beds and we're still pretty much ok re restrictions, but in general my large village has a largely older population who perhaps are more mindful of social distancing as we know the consequences. In this area we don't have any universities or multi generational communities that seem to contribute to infection spreading, but no doubt its only a matter of time before we get moved into another tier.

I think we've had it here after a hospital visit, back in March before there was any testing. I had a cough, headache, mild temperature, felt a bit rough and lost my sense of smell so stayed in bed 2 days, then it took 2 weeks to recover, so we got off relatively lightly. But at that time there was no testing so we can't say for sure.

Best wishes to those of you who have friends and family who are suffering, but there is often light at the end of the tunnel.

And still so many people are behaving like COVID is nothing more than a bad cold. Social distancing was non-existent in Lidl Tavistock yesterday. I loaded my shopping on to the conveyor belt once the person in front of me had started to pay, but some chump behind me pushed my shopping further down the belt so he could load his shopping! He was huge, so I wasn't going to risk being pulverised for asking him to keep two metres away from me. Social distancing is never enforced in any Lidl that I have visited. The checkout staff don't wear masks either. Their lack of concern has put me off shopping in there now.

To any of you who are suffering from COVID, I wish you a speedy return to good health.

I was there on the same day, but it wasn't me, honest!

What time were you there? I will find out when I was there from my receipt, when I find it.

I was there on the same day, but it wasn't me, honest!

What time were you there? I will find out when I was there from my receipt, when I find it.
Hello neighbour! Here's my receipt. I think it says 11:17 yesterday.

Attachments

• Lidl Receipt (1).jpg
    Lidl Receipt (1).jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 154
Seriously, do I need to delete that photo? I tried to cover up any sensitive information but I think I can still read it!

It seems to be going like wildfire through our schools. The kids seem to have a mild version but spread it on easily which isn’t good news for others.
That's because schools are germ factories & if you don't work in one you have no idea just how casual kids, & a lot of adults, are about hygiene. If it's of any reassurance to anyone my daughter's a primary school teacher & her husband's a data manager in a very large high school, these are both in areas have been locked down since Adam was a lad. Their schools have had high numbers of staff & students away, every one recovered & lots made the same comment that it was similar to a heavy cold but without having to keep blowing their noses. Strangely the usual bugs have disappeared this year! There's no national data about how many may have had this earlier this year or even in 2019, we have no idea whether there's a fair amount of immunity out there & to be honest the figures, mapping & scare mongering are now being questioned by the majority. I'm totally weary & very cynical, I know someone who had a positive test result when he hadn't even been tested & two who have received used test equipment in the post.

Thanks all. Hopefully they will all be well soon and hopefully myself and hubby won`t fall victim to it. My son was here last Friday but I`m thinking he may not have been positive back then, he certainly had no symptoms and seemed fit as a fiddle. His wife was the first to become ill on Monday, he fell ill yesterday, as did the oldest girl.

I hope they all recover fully and quickly soon, Vienna.

Don't forget that just because they've had it, it doesn't mean that they can't pass it on to you even if they've tested negative. My friend is a hospital secretary who picks up a lot of gossip. There's apparently a circular doing the rounds asking nursing staff to please stop telling people that once they've had it they can't pass it as a consultant caught one nurse telling a patient that ex-Covid sufferers no longer have to worry about passing it on.

Apart from the obvious that if someone who's had it can still pass the virus on by close contact just by touching an infected object, they can also become re-infected and asymptomatic and directly pass it on again.

The thing about this virus is that it's so unpredictable. Yes, they could let it run and hope that herd immunity is acquired (looking a lot less likely now that people are losing their antibodies), but not everyone has a mild form. Neither can they outrightly say youngsters will have a mild form as it's rare but can still kill them. Worst of all is the NHS being badly affected again. ITU beds are filling up and wards are starting to get shifted to Covid patients that are ill enough to need hospital treatment.

We all know this just as we are all fed up with restrictions. I'm more fed up with the people that are unwilling to respect other peoples' wishes to social distance and wear a mask. My OH went into M&S for food thinking that fewer people would shop there. Big mistake! The biggest mask offenders were older women, closely followed by men wearing chin slings. The women, however, were pushing past him and one in the queue was standing close enough to touch, no mask, no exemption materials. OH asked her to stand back and put her mask on (she was twirling it in her hand like a child). The abuse he had off her and the two women (unrelated as far as he could tell) was off the charts. The checkout lady just looked away.

This makes my blood boil. If I catch it I'm likely to become very ill or, like flu, it'll trigger a relapse I probably won't recover from. I'm getting to the point now that I'm sick of the whingers. I've not been out apart from two necessary appointments since February. Just shut the f*** up, wear your mask and keep your space!

I live in a very rural community. I personally know under ten people who have actually tested positive and two of those died (I didn't know either very well, just enough to say hello if I passed them in the village). I've had depression, felt suicidal and self-harmed a few times but I do not want to die from Covid, thanks.

If any of you have had the misfortune to have come across these idiots that come to close for comfort complain to the store managers. They're supposed to ensure their customers' safety. There's usually a 'How did we do' survey on the back of your receipt. Make use of it.

We should all be writing to our MPs asking them to get involved and ask retailers to employ some of the thousands that have lost their jobs as store marshalls to enforce safety. And if customers abuse staff or others they should be removed from store. My unpleasant ex-neighbour was banned from town shops for a year for shoplifting. They should bring in measures like this to make sure the customers that that want to be kept safe are kept safe.

I hope all my friends on here and their families stay safe and well.

Thanks Alter E. I spoke to my son this morning and he sounded awful. He couldn`t talk on the phone for coughing and said that last night his temperature soared and every part of his body hurt and he felt as if his chest had a belt tightened around it when he breathed . He is a very fit man, an Army officer who has lots of self discipline and watches his diet and either runs, trains or does a gym workout every day. It has really knocked him for six and in just 24hours he went from just one symptom of losing sense of taste and smell to feeling so ill.
Initially his wife was the one who seemed to be in the worst condition but he seems to be catching up. Thankfully both of their girls seem fine, the youngest had no symptoms at all even though she tested positive and the older girl had mild symptoms but in less than 48 hours she seems to be more or less back to normal but of course they all know they have to isolate.

Latest posts

Back