yong Kim Show - what a farce!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

whitesnake

Registered Shopper
Just watching the absolute car crash that is the Yong Kim show! PoorJackie Kabler was struggling through no fault of her own! The colour descriptions were confused - a clearly blue top was called 'mid green'. Then a certain top was not available on the automated system, you could only ring the call centre for it! Grey tones were being named khaki, it was farcical. Jackie did her best to keep it together but it was abysmal! Why can't people behind the scenes get their acts together and call garment by their actual colours. It's the same with Lola Rose shows, they never get the colours right on them! I take my hat off to Jackie, she certainly earned her money today presenting this hour!

It's often the same with Yong Kim, the colours are all so similar, even the stripes are confusing.Ingrid Tarrant is not much help.I didn't watch the hour as I know I am not going to buy from the range.I used to watch out of fascination with the screwed up fabric ,high prices etc but that's worn off .Wish I'd watched now Lol....Agree JK is professional.

Fortunately Ingrid Tarrant wasn't on, as she would have just added to the confusion....there was a different guest who at least seemed to know the colours....JK did a sterling job though!

I don't think its ever been explained as to why the colour names are so different from the item, even the guests who own the range are often confused. The other day we were asked to ring in for the floral, when the item clearly wasn't floral in the least ! WHY ???? there must be some real idiots around the table deciding all of this.

Didn't watch show but personally I find JK one of the presenters who are badly prepared (not quite in the same camp as Marv but not a whole lot better)

Didn't see this show as Yong Kim is just not my thing, but why they have to change colour names & add to confusion beats me.It happens with Lola Rose & Kipling too I am sure some people will order the wrong colour because of this.

I think Jackie is excellent, very no nonsense approach. I also think she comes across as much warmer than she originally did when she started.

I almost see her as the opposite to a Debbie Flint as such.

The 8.00pm show is no better. Ingrid and JF are flapping around getting the colours all wrong, what a shambles. I've just seen what looks like a flasher mac for £170.00, I wouldn't pay £1.70 for it

What was even stranger about the flasher mac was Ingrid telling us about people 'thinking it's boxy or does nothing for your shape'. Way to go Ingrid: sell it! It was horrid but you'd think she'd skate over that, given she's there to sell it. They also had some modal crop top for £90!! For crop top!

A bit like the mesh top for £78!!

At my age I want to hide my bits not flash them 80's style :mysmilie_17:

I just came on the poke fun at the Sky EPG showing tonight's 8pm show as "Onjenu Fashion" thinking it was another example of the colour-blind/illiterate and techically challenges numpties QVC employ. But would you believe it the range previously known as Ingenue (a real word) has rebranded as Onjenu! WTF?

Maybe the brand realised they weren't selling their dresses to innocent young women but to somewhat older worldly-wise ladies?

Am I alone in thinking these mis-spellings are annoying, I always hated words such as "Kwik" and 2nite" almost as soon as I learnt the correct spelling!

Isn't that the brand so beloved by Catherine Huntley?Her favourite dresses etc. They usually rebrand things when they arent doing so well.And yes I hate all the trendy shortened words and text speak infiltrating every aspect of life.Kwik save was around for years on the high street I remember.At the time it was a novelty ,but has worn thin..

Growing up in Blackpool in the 60s, 70s 80s and beyond it's a miracle I can spell at all! There were so many of these creative spellings. I suspect the perpetrators thought they were punny and amusing or avoided law suits from real brands. I can picture a stall South Shore market flogging lookalike frocks calling themselves Ongenu as a not very subtle attempt to imply they're flogging seconds from the actual literal Ingenue range (even if they weren't).

No doubt Catherine will tell use some tale regarding the name change and gush about how witty the new name is. Sorry Luv it isn't!

I think product knowledge is fast becoming a thing of the past on QVC not that its ever been good ..... the annoying thing is they think its ok and make no apology for it ...ring the `award winning call centre` is the usual get out when they can`t sort it on screen !! Does it matter that they think its ok ? Yes it does ..if it was on the dreaded high street we wouldn`t find it acceptable at all for an assistant not to know the colour or size of a garment !!

I caught the bargain hunter and one top was called Aqua/black. It looked light grey and black the other choice was grey darker shade and black.

Perhaps its like that dress in the news where everyone see a different colour. I saw a light blue and gold some saw royal blue and black and other white and gold. Turns out the dress is royal blue and black. Something to do with the way the eye sees colours in different people.

I wouldn't recognise this range but, like Akimbo, I cannot fathom the logic in changing the name from a word with a literal definition - innocent young girl - to one which looks misspelt. Ingenue gave the impression of a classy, refined fashion range, suitable for the discerning lady. Onjenu makes it sound like cheap tat, knocked up in a chinese sweat shop, now available at Camden market. Just my opinion. No offence intended, toward any geographical location - domestic or international - nationality or creed.

Sometimes when companies get into financial trouble they ( on paper ) close down the company but carry on trading under another often similar name. I`ve no knowledge about how they do it, all I know is they do it and it enables them to get out of a sticky financial situation. In fact my husband`s daughter works for a company which has done exactly that and yet she still works in the same office, on the same site, with the same people, doing the same job but the business has in fact started again under a slightly different name. I suppose that`s what they pay accountants, lawyers and other people for.

I'd swop Ingrid Tarrant for Una Stubbs or someone with a dance background perhaps Bonnie Langford. I think you need to have a good posture to carry off these alternative styles otherwise it just looks like a disorganised mess.

I just came on the poke fun at the Sky EPG showing tonight's 8pm show as "Onjenu Fashion" thinking it was another example of the colour-blind/illiterate and techically challenges numpties QVC employ. But would you believe it the range previously known as Ingenue (a real word) has rebranded as Onjenu! WTF?

Maybe the brand realised they weren't selling their dresses to innocent young women but to somewhat older worldly-wise ladies?

Am I alone in thinking these mis-spellings are annoying, I always hated words such as "Kwik" and 2nite" almost as soon as I learnt the correct spelling!

Thank goodness, I thought I was going batty in my old age as I thought I had the name wrong along.

Latest posts

Back