Yom Kim - am I missing something?

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Did anyone else hear Ingrid put her foot in it last night? She said Yong Kim wouldn't appear on TV because she gets too nervous. She did it once somewhere and was so ill she had to go into hospital afterwards. Ingrid said that she wouldn't force her on to our screens in the UK because if she had to go into hospital here she might not come out again and proceeded to bang a drum about how ghastly our hospitals are! It was way out of order really but Jilly seemed to be loving it. How to lose customers in one easy lesson. I imagine they were having heart failure in the gallery.

I noticed on Twitter that QVC have apologized to someone who tweeted them saying she will never shop with them again after the insults about the NHS and they said the relevant departments will be spoken to.

Oh, here we go again, was waiting for a thread like this to appear, as it seems to every time yong Kim is on!
Clearly many don't like it, and I see the same comments always come up, crumpled rags, bottom of laundry basket, oily rags, rag and bone man etc.....and every time I come on, like Groundhog Day, and say once again that I love it. I have many pieces of yong kim wear it a lot, as well as other similar styles.
There are lots of ranges I don't like on qvc but don't feel the need to come on here every single time they are on and say how awful they are, as clearly others love them. Once it's been said does it need to be said every time? I appreciate some people commenting may well be doing so for the first time, so I apologise if they are, but I do feel I am living a lot of déjà vu!!!
I am a size 20/22 large hourglass shape (far too much sand though) and I think that the styles really suit me and often get lots of complimentary comments about what I wear, but above all I feel comfortable in what I'm wearing. I suffer from psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis and find yong Kim clothes very comfortable against the skin and easy to wear.
By the way, I also like the other much insulted range on here, bibi bijoux, so am clearly quite out of place!!!

Very strange post :confused:. Everyone has differnt tastes if we all liked the same there the world would be boring and there would be no need for forums. I havent seen anything said this range in a while so not sure where ur coming from with the groundhog day comment.

Feel free to posts so more intresting threads if you unhappy with whats being said here :wave:

I didn't say you were a thug and if it was a joke sorry but I must have misread it. lol.

That's ok Bettyboo :beer: (I wanted a handshake but a beer will have to do!)

I thought I would say about class and then the comment about the fat lip was meant to be a joke.. sorry it fell flat! :eek:

Actually I think I misread your post in the first placd because I thought you said you WOULD come up to me and say that, and then in your next post you clearly said you would never say that :confused: but any how no matter.

It is really overpriced I agree. I have 2 tops- both the same in different colours which I bought in clearance.. I like that particular top a lot and wear it loads. However you have to have the right body shape to carry it off. Little and dumpy people would look awful in the styles. Little and skinny people would look swamped. Someone taller or who carries themselves tall who has good shoulders to "hang" the garments from do look good in them. So statuesque, amazonian, athletic types or people tall with broad shoulders, a good chest suit the style. Move over Trinny & Susannah!

I have a few similar tunic style tops in sludgy colours that I bought in M & S, Joe Browns and John Lewis. It happens to be a style of dress that I am comfortable with. I have colourful scarves, jewellery and bags to wear with them. I don't think I would wash the car or the windows with any of my clothes, but I would defy any one to be so rude as to come up to me in the street and say my top looked like it belonged at the bottom of the washing basket. No one ever has. Funny that.

I take it you are tall and slim then. If you like creased fabrics then good for you. I still think the majority of the public would not imagine they cost the amount they do.

I'm glad when QVC venture away from polyester and busy prints so I think there's a place for Young Kim.

I bought a YK jacket in the £10 fashion last clicks a couple of years ago and love it. It's not the crumpled viscose but quite a heavy ponte, cropped swing jacket in black and I wear it often. I also bought the TSV, fully expecting to return it, but I'll waft around the pool on holiday without inflicting expanses of flesh on other holiday-makers. I have a couple of drapey asymmetrical tops from M&S which look similar to some YK garments but it's not how I dress all the time, I have to be in the mood.

My only tip for wearing crinkled fabrics generally is that I have to have freshly washed hair and make up on otherwise I look like middle-aged hippy! I'm neither tall nor slim.

My husband came in the room when Ingrid Tarrant was on - he said "Looks like someone's been at the "dressing up box" then.

Very strange post :confused:. Everyone has differnt tastes if we all liked the same there the world would be boring and there would be no need for forums. I havent seen anything said this range in a while so not sure where ur coming from with the groundhog day comment.

Feel free to posts so more intresting threads if you unhappy with whats being said here :wave:

I agree that we all have different tastes, but stand by what I say about Groundhog Day.....the same threads come up with the same comments every time yong Kim is on, and I just don't understand why people just keep repeating the same stuff every time?!
I've just done a quick search of similar threads which have gone in the same direction, they coincide with every time yong kim has been on!

9th may
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/foru...ith-Contrast-Shoulder-Trim-OTO&highlight=Yong

14th April
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/foru...im-where-have-I-seen-it-before&highlight=Yong

18th feb
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?40075-Yong-Kim-TSV-8-3-13&highlight=Yong

19 January
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?39437-Ingrid-what-are-you-like&highlight=Yong

I take it you are tall and slim then. If you like creased fabrics then good for you. I still think the majority of the public would not imagine they cost the amount they do.

Tall yes. Slim- nooooo. Size14 post pregnancy! But I do have shoulders and a chest which helps.

Can't understand what's wrong with a bit of crinkle! It's been round for years and is by no means a new concept. My tops are not really crinkled anyway it is quite smooth unless you deliberately crumple it after washing.

I just think people should just wear what suits their body shape and frame and what makes them feel comfortable. If others don't like what you where then who cares? It really does not matter what other people think.

So some of us don't like Yong Kim fashion and like to say so when its on air - thats the point of this forum to voice opinions, people are also very welcome to come on here and say how much they like it every time it is on air if they so wish.

As for the rancid Ingrid T, Yong Kim should sack her and save herself a wasted salary, the range has its followers and will sell its self without the silly old scarecrow wittering on.

On another note does anyone remember when Tranny and Boobzannah tried to make-over Ingrid on their TV show? They all had a huge fight. I wonder if their paths ever cross on Q ....... could be interesting!!

I agree that we all have different tastes, but stand by what I say about Groundhog Day.....the same threads come up with the same comments every time yong Kim is on, and I just don't understand why people just keep repeating the same stuff every time?!
I've just done a quick search of similar threads which have gone in the same direction, they coincide with every time yong kim has been on!

9th may
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/foru...ith-Contrast-Shoulder-Trim-OTO&highlight=Yong

14th April
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/foru...im-where-have-I-seen-it-before&highlight=Yong

18th feb
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?40075-Yong-Kim-TSV-8-3-13&highlight=Yong

19 January
http://forum.shoppingtelly.com/forum/showthread.php?39437-Ingrid-what-are-you-like&highlight=Yong

Correct me if I'm wrong but I've always been under the impression that the ST forum is for people to get things off their chest about shopping telly. Whether its been said before is irrelevant. The title of this thread is 'Yong Kim - am I missing something?'. The content of it is obvious so anyone bored with reading negative comments about this range need not click on it.

But please do click on it if you have a positive comment to make. It is a balanced discussion forum after all.

I think there's a trend to start duplicate threads on perennial topics: Jill Franks, Jilly's Hair, Boring Charlie, Fanciable Charlie, Prai Martian dust, Yong Kim, Kim &co, Postage & Packaging, Richard Jackson, Alison Young's voice and eyebags, Mally's voice, Revitalash Natalia's Voice, Keeley on Face Book, in Cyprus or on people's nerves...etc

Whether it's wrong or right doesn't really matter. I have such a memory for trivia I tend to resurrect old threads if I think of something to add.

I'll say again, if people are happy to spend their money on a fashion range QVC will continue to stock it and at least YK offers a bit of variety in an otherwise techni-colour polyester inventory.

We used to see lots of Kipling detractors in years gone by, but I haven't seen many posts slating the monkeys and the "over-priced nylon bags" comments. I think once everyone got their comments out of their system, they just let the Kipling lovers to chat away about the different colours and designs in their threads. One day the same may be true of the Lulu Guinness range.

Latest posts

Back