Yk prices!!

ShoppingTelly

Help Support ShoppingTelly:

Total balderdash that the higher price point equates to a longer life !

In the early days of YK, I succumbed and bought a plain cobalt blue 3/4 sleeve top (no shark bite hems or weird designing), it was washed a max of 4 times and then the 'bobbling' started. This was for a top that was just shy of £80 !!! it was soon relegated to the charity bag. So, no contrary to the hard sales patter, its not good value for money.

Exactly the same as happened to the striped tunic that I kept.A couple of washes and it looked like a rag with bobbling. I was very surprised because they go on about the wonderful fabric. I think it may have cost £90. A waste of money. Never again.

[QUOTE
Although other selly telly channels were never mentioned I think its obvious they are very aware that a rivals 'fashions' has started to be noticed and compared very favourably to their over priced similar brands !![/QUOTE]

I bought 2 pairs of cropped trousers and 2 tops from the 'competition' the other day and it cost me £60 including p &p, would have been £4 less if I had ordered it all at the same time! All the items were different co!ours so by QVC rules would have cost far more in postage and it's free returns through Asda, oh and I went through Topcashback. I would say that what I bought was on a par with Kim & co and Mr Max, but better!

£115 for some cropped trousers that are horrendous and I defy anyone to look good in them. Who on earth pays these sort of prices for such tat?

[QUOTE
Although other selly telly channels were never mentioned I think its obvious they are very aware that a rivals 'fashions' has started to be noticed and compared very favourably to their over priced similar brands !!

I bought 2 pairs of cropped trousers and 2 tops from the 'competition' the other day and it cost me £60 including p &p, would have been £4 less if I had ordered it all at the same time! All the items were different co!ours so by QVC rules would have cost far more in postage and it's free returns through Asda, oh and I went through Topcashback. I would say that what I bought was on a par with Kim & co and Mr Max, but better![/QUOTE]

I bought a 3 for 2 offer and got one of them in a bigger size for my daughter ..... That is unheard of on QVC I agree the quality is on a par with Kim and Max but no where near as expensive The returns via Asda is so convenient too !!

I bought 2 pairs of cropped trousers and 2 tops from the 'competition' the other day and it cost me £60 including p &p, would have been £4 less if I had ordered it all at the same time! All the items were different co!ours so by QVC rules would have cost far more in postage and it's free returns through Asda, oh and I went through Topcashback. I would say that what I bought was on a par with Kim & co and Mr Max, but better!

I'm the same, I'll order two sizes if I'm not sure because I can send what doesn't fit back for free, and yes I agree the quality is excellent.

Turandot, my experience has been exactly the same as yours and Brissles. The one and only time that I splashed out on an expensive top (not from Q, but in the dreaded High Street), it bobbled after only 3 washes! I took it back, and was told I hadn't washed it properly! My reply to this was come and look in my wardrobe at tops I've been wearing and washing for years, so why haven't these bobbled? In the end, after making a fuss and quoting Sale of Goods, they did refund me, but I was livid. No, paying more most definitely does NOT always equate to better quality and longer wear - in most cases it equates to 'Rip-off'. Obviously there is some expensive stuff that does give good service, but I went from thinking I was the bees knees in my costly top to realising that I'd been robbed.

o
Exactly the same as happened to the striped tunic that I kept.A couple of washes and it looked like a rag with bobbling. I was very surprised because they go on about the wonderful fabric. I think it may have cost £90. A waste of money. Never again.

Last edited:
I bought two tops from Marks last spring, one yellow, one blue, both the same range. The blue one is fine the yellow is only fit for gardening.

As long as Mum left her horse at the church gate it should be OK. :mysmilie_17: What is wrong with these people? Do they come from Planet Zog or something?

Mother of the bride in that awful awful thing! Poor bride would never be able to show her face in public again let alone enjoy her wedding if her mother turned up in that hideous dress with a riding hat on as an accompaniment as some helpful soul suggested on twatter last night.

I missed this show but any Mother of the Bride who wears a YK droopy baggy dress at their daughter's wedding needs a serious talking too!!!
DON'T DO IT AND THINK OF THE PHOTOS! :mysmilie_13:

Didn't Kathy wear a little QVC number for the wedding of one of her offspring ? Why would you do that ??? even if you got a staff discount of 75% I wouldn't wear an offering from my place of work - unless it was Dior (?) - it would be akin to wearing a uniform that everyone recognised.

KT wore a Frank Usher cape and hat (can't remember what was underneath) fir her daughter's wedding and is now asking for a poll on her outfit for her brothers between YK, Kimmy and Ronen Chen.

Del Boy is leaning towards a long Join dress for her MoftheB outfit.

At least YK is good for one thing giving us something for everyone to 'get their teeth into on here'.It is absurd the so called quality (not there) & those prices, words fail! ( or are unprintable).If people want to through their cash away it is their choice I just don't know how it keeps going.

At least YK is good for one thing giving us something for everyone to 'get their teeth into on here'.It is absurd the so called quality (not there) & those prices, words fail! ( or are unprintable).If people want to through their cash away it is their choice I just don't know how it keeps going.

I felt the same watching Marla Wynn last night. Most of the clothes looked ridiculous on the models so lord knows what a normal looking woman would look like in them and don't get me started on the prices. As for Jilly, the stylist who put her in that awful jumper and cardi combo must really hold a grudge against her she looked really frumpy and dare i say huge round the bum area.

Ah yes, perhaps the prices are a teensy bit on the high but then we must remember, (as QVC so helpfully reminds us at the start of every YK show), that 'Yong Kim IS a real person'......can't put a price on 'realness'!
(Well actually you can & it's a pretty ludicrous one IMHO but that's just meanness & semantics on my part possibly.....?)

:mysmilie_11:

Is she a REAL person or is SHE NOT!

I heard Ms Tarrant talk in detail on one show, saying she was about 60, quite petite and lived in (think she said America)?

Why is everyone saying she's not for real? :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_50:

Is she a REAL person or is SHE NOT!

I heard Ms Tarrant talk in detail on one show, saying she was about 60, quite petite and lived in (think she said America)?

Why is everyone saying she's not for real? :mysmilie_17::mysmilie_13::mysmilie_50:

The Yong Dim "woman" needs therapy, I mean, the poor bugger won't even have her photo taken. Well I'm assuming she won't, seen as though in all these years QVC have never ever shown one of her. :mysmilie_13:

The Yong Dim "woman" needs therapy, I mean, the poor bugger won't even have her photo taken. Well I'm assuming she won't, seen as though in all these years QVC have never ever shown one of her. :mysmilie_13:

Ahhh, she wears a Cloak of Invisibility maybe? :mysmilie_15::mysmilie_15:

Latest posts

Back